Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I was in pet mania today ,that place looks like its closing down, empty shelves everywhere or did I miss something? And there was plenty of price cards of stuff that used to be there.

Didn't look like many staff in there either, hope it's not closing .

Like many shops in Manor, it's the leases keeping them there
    I would bet Halfords, Carpetright and Woodies to name just three are not paying for themselves with rates, rent, staff costs etc. They can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Sully34 wrote: »
    How does your wife look on a bike Walter? Im sure the thought of some dirty old man rubbing the <snip>while she is out cycling would please you or would it please you more to think that some<snip> left her fat ass half dead in a ditch somewhere.
    You would want to get a grip on yourself lad, your acting like a giddy school boy.

Its creepy!!!

The dirty old man got the snip. He had it coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Hey folks,
    Whats traffic like getting into princes street area around 8.30 - 9 o clock in the morning in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone who wears those GAA hotpants shorts cannot give out about cycling gear and it shouldn't be played in a field. Fields are for cows and sheep to graze.

I never gave out about cycling gear???

BTW i agree that GAA shouldn't be played in fields. That's why I joined a club with a number of state of the art PITCHES, and all weather training surfaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Has anyone had any canvassers visiting their homes in connection with the forthcoming elections?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has anyone had any canvassers visiting their homes in connection with the forthcoming elections?

I've missed the four who have left their leaflets in the door! I was glad to miss 3 of them, I was hoping to catch Pa Daly as I know him, but I just missed him yesterday eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I've missed the four who have left their leaflets in the door! I was glad to miss 3 of them, I was hoping to catch Pa Daly as I know him, but I just missed him yesterday eve!

He may have a day off tomorrow after Gerry's news tonight :)

We have become a very aggressive society.

My logic is, if a canvasser calls to my home, I will thank them for taking the time to call to my door, accept their literature, and wish them well in the election campaign.

There is no need to be rude or obnoxious to them, which appears to be happening in other parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I agree, they usually just stay for a minute anyway. It can be kinda awkward when you have no intention of voting for them but let them have their say anyway.

Sully34 wrote: »
    How does your wife look on a bike Walter? Im sure the thought of some dirty old man rubbing the <snip>while she is out cycling would please you or would it please you more to think that some<snip> left her fat ass half dead in a ditch somewhere.
    You would want to get a grip on yourself lad, your acting like a giddy school boy.

Its creepy!!!

Sully, you have been allowed out again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

My logic is, if a canvasser calls to my home, I will thank them for taking the time to call to my door, accept their literature, and wish them well in the election campaign

There is no need to be rude or obnoxious to them, which appears to be happening in other parts of the country.

isn't this what's wrong with the country. They should be challenged on whatever issues we don't agree with. I dint believe in aggression but I don't believe in lying down either and saying yes yes I'll vote for you if I don't agree or am not

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

My logic is, if a canvasser calls to my home, I will thank them for taking the time to call to my door, accept their literature, and wish them well in the election campaign.

Answering the door yourself?
    The recession is still taking its toll.

groovie wrote: »
    Answering the door yourself?
    The recession is still taking its toll.

It is important to greet the canvassers personally. After all they are making made the effort to seek my vote, the least I can do is afford them the courtesy of welcoming them, and wishing them well in their campaign.

Sadly I understand canvassers around the country are receiving disgusting abuse . Whatever happened the Ireland of Cead mile failte ?

It is important to greet the canvassers personally. After all they are making made the effort to seek my vote, the least I can do is afford them the courtesy of welcoming them, and wishing them well in their campaign.

Sadly I understand canvassers around the country are receiving disgusting abuse . Whatever happened the Ireland of Cead mile failte ?

The politicians ruined it when they benched the wan....I mean bankers.
    This economic mess & hardship is not of your making, or mine. But canvassing time is about the only opportunity we get to let the politicians know exactly how we feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I am not aligned to any political party. But I have told any Fianna Fail canvasser that has called to my doors over the last few elections that I would never vote for Fianna Fail as long as I live, its nothing personal so your wasting your time here. And I usually say thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just seen this on Tralee Today.ie

Nine ways you know you grew up in Tralee in the 90's

http://traleetoday.ie/?p=2343

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Just seen this on Tralee Today.ie

Nine ways you know you grew up in Tralee in the 90's

http://traleetoday.ie/?p=2343

It wasn't Tayto's you got with ur cola ,it was a Taz bar when you were finished football training.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It wasn't Tayto's you got with ur cola ,it was a Taz bar when you were finished football training.

You must be younger than myself and Gavin, it was coke and taytos when we were U8s and coke and taz bars by the time we were U12s!

He may have a day off tomorrow after Gerry's news tonight :)

Perhaps tomorrow too?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I think they lost that welcome when they ruined the country either by bankrupting (ff) or taxing us to the hilt (fg) and keep blaming the previous crowd.

I don't agree in being aggressive but I'll speak my mind to them when they call to my door. why pussu foot around the issues when they are calling looking for votes. It is only appeasement.

del are you just going to smile and wish every canvasser well when they call at your door even if you think what they or their party has done was wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Planning permission submitted for 9 Lower Castle Street (which I google mapped as the old Lee Records store) for partial demolition of shop front and reconstruction, new configuration of building and to include new disabled toilet. Does that suggest another restaurant or coffee shop use?

I tried to link it from the council planning website but is now saying page cannot be displayed. Another idle unit being put back into use which is a good thing!

numorouno wrote: »
    I think they lost that welcome when they ruined the country either by bankrupting (ff) or taxing us to the hilt (fg) and keep blaming the previous crowd.

I don't agree in being aggressive but I'll speak my mind to them when they call to my door. why pussu foot around the issues when they are calling looking for votes. It is only appeasement.

del are you just going to smile and wish every canvasser well when they call at your door even if you think what they or their party has done was wrong?

Yes. I am a very pleasant guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

I think the most important thing is to vote, go out and make your mark.

Many complain but never vote

I noticed today that on the footpath beside Jess McCarthy's bar, there's a 'no right turn' roadsign in place.
    Does anyone know if that refers to traffic not being able to turn into St John's church or further down into Moyderwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

It must mean Moyderwell because AFAIK there's no exit allowed from St John's.

Sorry, it's a 'no right turn sign, just wondering does it mean no right turn into the church as it's before the lights. If they meant it for Moyderwell would it not be situated at Hennesseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sorry, it's a 'no right turn sign, just wondering does it mean no right turn into the church as it's before the lights. If they meant it for Moyderwell would it not be situated at Hennesseys?

That would be right I think. I noticed the gates closed there recently. I have not checked but maybe they have blocked the rat run to/from Denny St?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The gates of St John's will be closed from tomorrow.
    Got a text from the school earlier about collecting the kids.There will be a crane there doing some work so access is restricted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

no one takes any notice of the 'no exit' from St. John's onto Castle street, people do it all the time! It would make sense to have a no right turn into the church from Castle street, if people are trying to turn right, it usually causes delays with traffic behind not being able to move etc.

• Advertisement

pickled101 wrote: »
    I think the most important thing is to vote, go out and make your mark.

Many complain but never vote

The right to vote is a very important one. Everyone should at least exercise that right and vote on polling day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement