Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

kn wrote: »
    This offer will send some posters into a tizzy. Smelling salts at the ready.....
    http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/chopins-cafe-and-restaurant-5?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

Conditions are that it is valid until 6pm Mon-Sat from May 1st to July 31st. You can buy a maximum of 4 for yourself and another 4 as gifts.

That's well spotted, well done. I've never been in there, is the food good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Lelantos wrote: »

It would be at the upper end of lunch time options in Tralee. This is your chance to find out if you like it or not!

kn wrote: »
    It would be at the upper end of lunch time options in Tralee. This is your chance to find out if you like it or not!

True enough, can't argue with that price & if it brings on some people like myself who would then make it a semi regular eaterie, then it's a job well done on their part.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I haven't eaten in there in a year or so, but it was nice the few times I have been in there. Its run by a Polish couple, who seem lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

Your topics are generating interest . Well done!

Perhaps you would like to express your opinions on the topics you have raised?

Thanks again:)

Personally I think the nices area in town to live is the Caherslee side. Not from there myself, but have friends from up there and it's always a nice drive up past Balloonagh school. Great location too. Oakpark has become very dodgy as of late. Well, in my opinion.

JLS have just broken up. I wonder did the Rose of Tralee pre pay for those lads to come to the festival. If so...they're in a spot of bother. Hope they attract someone decent to replace them. A band with a following their size would be a huge draw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Carraig95 wrote: »
    Personally I think the nices area in town to live is the Caherslee side. Not from there myself, but have friends from up there and it's always a nice drive up past Balloonagh school. Great location too. Oakpark has become very dodgy as of late. Well, in my opinion.

JLS have just broken up. I wonder did the Rose of Tralee pre pay for those lads to come to the festival. If so...they're in a spot of bother. Hope they attract someone decent to replace them. A band with a following their size would be a huge draw.

JLS are still playing, they are still doing gigs up until December when they do a 'farewell' concert & release a best of album! panic over lol
    https://www.facebook.com/tralee.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Anyone else get the smell of pig ****e around this evening ? Bad and all as it is it brings back memories of Dennys...

kingdumb wrote: »
    Anyone else get the smell of pig ****e around this evening ? Bad and all as it is it brings back memories of Dennys...

I got the smell on Tuesday afternoon in town, not so much today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I got the smell on Tuesday afternoon in town, not so much today though.
    That smell seems to pop up whenever we get a dry spell. It must be something to do with the sewers or dump, it was awful.on Tuesday

That smell seems to pop up whenever we get a dry spell. It must be something to do with the sewers or dump, it was awful.on Tuesday

Just as well we don't have to worry about getting a summer then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

kingdumb wrote: »

I swear I thought it was me, that smell followed me everywhere today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

... whenever we get a dry spell.....

Farmers spread slurry during a dry spell and the breeze was from the NE earlier in the week. The smell of slurry is pretty aweful when the farmer(s) out in Bullock Hill are spreading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Fair play to the members of travelling community who had a march down Rock St this evening at 6 O'Clock. They held a "Walk and Talk" march for a suicide awarness charity called Console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Farmers spread slurry during a dry spell and the breeze was from the NE earlier in the week. The smell of slurry is pretty aweful when the farmer(s) out in Bullock Hill are spreading it!

I don't think that's it though, it seems to be grand around rock street but the town park and Denny street area stink. Now that I think of it, they were doing some work on the drains inside the gate of the town park this week

Fair play to the members of travelling community who had a march down Rock St this evening at 6 O'Clock. They held a "Walk and Talk" march for a suicide awarness charity called Console.

they were doing a collection in town this afternoon too for Console. I gladly donated, as like many people, I had a friend unfortunately take his life last year :(

The Brogue Inn has closed down, not sure how permanent the closure is or if there is a buyer on the horizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I haven't eaten in there in a year or so, but it was nice the few times I have been in there. Its run by a Polish couple, who seem lovely.

Agree. The owners of Chopins are extremely nice people. They run a very nice restaurant, food and service are excellent. Even without their promotion voucher their product is well priced . For anyone who has never been there before grab this voucher, you won't be disappointed .For those who have been there before why not go back again with this enticing voucher. Enjoy:)

they were doing a collection in town this afternoon too for Console. I gladly donated, as like many people, I had a friend unfortunately take his life last year :(

The number of suicides in Kerry and throughout the country is absolutely Horrendous! Fair play to the people who organised the march and collection. Much more needs to be done to help prevent the shocking deaths and help those left behind to cope following a shocking loss by suicide.

The Brogue Inn has closed down, not sure how permanent the closure is or if there is a buyer on the horizon

Gosh that is sad. I'm not surprised , it really has been struggling for the last few years since the passing of Michael Kirby.

seriously?? Wow, that's awful. I hope its not permanent. Would be awful to think a business that is around that long is now gone.

• Advertisement

Gosh that is sad. I'm not surprised , it really has been struggling for the last few years since the passing of Michael Kirby.

Bill Kirby was his name :)

Bill Kirby was his name :)

Of course. Sorry about that. I know a Michael Kirby.. Just rolled off the keyboard.

Bill was a lovely gent and great character. Indeed his sudden death was a great shock to everyone in Kerry and beyond.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

seriously?? Wow, that's awful. I hope its not permanent. Would be awful to think a business that is around that long is now gone.

Jeez, that is a shock. its a few years since I worked in Tralee but when I did , I'd have always gone in there at least once a week. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Their Hotel outside Tarbert is closed a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Another Tralee institution bites the dust. Mind you I do not see many people going into the bar anymore. I wonder if its related to the Lantern's sale? Are they in NAMA or in receivership by one the banks?

apparently staff were called into a meeting at 4pm yesterday & told it was closing immediately. Scary times for everyone these days. Feel sorry for everyone involved. Its such a landmark building, so hopefully someone will see the potential in it & it will be back up & running again. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Like many have posted here re The Brogue,I hope too that it isn't closed for long sad to see one of the best known pubs in Tralee now closed

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I just took a few pics today of the building site opposite Tesco's and thought some of you (or at least those not currently living in Tralee) might be interested to see the progress:

Before and today (click images to magnify):
    251132.jpg

Before and today:
    251135.jpg

Before and today:
    251139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

(just needed one more attachment...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They made a fine job of that building,what's going in there again?

• Advertisement

They made a fine job of that building,what's going in there again?

Its supposed to be Dealz, but I've heard that it may have fallen thru within the last few weeks. No solid info, but the lack of follow up by Dealz on recruitment is a little worrying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement