Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see there is another Electronic Cigarette shop opening up beside GameStop in Bridge Street soon! I heard there is another one opening in Castle St too! Can't understand why we need more than one of these stores! I am sure the Government will have these eventually shut down as they did with the 'head shops'. I know they are different, but there is a lot of talk about these ECigs, and how they are already being banned being used indoors in other countries as well as the fact they aren't regulated!

I thought that Ella Maria on Rock Street had closed down, but it turs out they have moved into a new premises opposite where Vals wason Bridge St. And that games & electronics shop is due to open soon in the old AWear unit.

4 or 5 e cigarette stores as opposed to 100 + places you can buy actual cigarettes that cause cancer.
    What regulations are in place for cigarettes? None is my guess since the ingredients are going to kill you eventually. If I was a smoker, I'd rather take my chances with an e cig with nicotine than an actual cig containing nicotine, tar, & other carcinogens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

4 or 5 e cigarette stores as opposed to 100 + places you can buy actual cigarettes that cause cancer.
    What regulations are in place for cigarettes? None is my guess since the ingredients are going to kill you eventually. If I was a smoker, I'd rather take my chances with an e cig with nicotine than an actual cig containing nicotine, tar, & other carcinogens.

Normal Retailers who sell cigarettes are regulated and are not allowed to display them or advertise them in shops. All normal retailers have to have all tobacco and cigarettes in closed cabinets/cupboards with no advertising. So it can't be good that these shops are openly displaying these 'cigarettes'! Neither are good for you...I used to smoke and glad I gave them up years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Perhaps it is time to ban tobacco related products once and for all.

No doubt it would alleviate the strain on the overly stretched NHS .

At this stage it is socially unacceptable to smoke cigarettes and very soon these ecigs.

It does amaze me to see so many young ladies smoking, it certainly cannot be good for the health of the nation.

I was delighted recently to learn that hospitals are now banning smoking within the hospital complex. Great move, no longer will patients and visitors need to run the gauntlet with smokers hanging around the front door of a hospital.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No doubt it would alleviate the strain on the overly stretched NHS .

At this stage it is socially unacceptable to smoke cigarettes and very soon these ecigs.

It does amaze me to see so many young ladies smoking, it certainly cannot be good for the hhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=90423850ealth of the nation.

I was delighted recently to learn that hospitals are now banning smoking within the hospital complex. Great move, no longer will patients and visitors need to run the gauntlet with smokers hanging around the front door of a hospital.

I see that they have a huge no smoking sign on the road near the entrance to the hospital! You can't really miss it! I wonder how the security staff keep it under control though, there must be so many people just ignoring it, or not walking up as far as the entrance to smoke!

I see that they have a huge no smoking sign on the road near the entrance to the hospital! You can't really miss it! I wonder how the security staff keep it under control though, there must be so many people just ignoring it, or not walking up as far as the entrance to smoke!

Indeed, interesting point. Perhaps banning offenders from entering the complex may make them think twice. I don't care if choose to damage their own health, but to damage the health of innocent individuals I find utterly abhorrent.

• Advertisement

Normal Retailers who sell cigarettes are regulated and are not allowed to display them or advertise them in shops. All normal retailers have to have all tobacco and cigarettes in closed cabinets/cupboards with no advertising. So it can't be good that these shops are openly displaying these 'cigarettes'! Neither are good for you...I used to smoke and glad I gave them up years ago!

Ah yes, cigs in closed cabinets where no one can see them, that's really working.
    There is no need to advertise cigarettes, every newsagent, corner shop, off licence, bar & supermarket in town sells them. That's not regulation, that's just the ostrich burying it's head in the sand.
    When I say regulation, I mean cigarette companys not being allowed to put certain ingredients in their product, you don't see the list of ingredients on a cig pack, but if I sell you a choc bar it has to list every additive, ingredient & possibility of nuts in case you have a reaction & die.......Cadburys bad, Silk Cut good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Great, prohibition. It has worked so well with the 'war on drugs' and with drink in the temperance US!!

kn wrote: »
    Great, prohibition. It has worked so well with the 'war on drugs' and with drink in the temperance US!!

Got to start sometime.
    Someone has to stand up to the plate sooner rather than later.. We have come along way in the last 10 years, smoking bans in workplaces, bars, hotels, and more recently hospital complexes.
    The progress has been slow but effective. It just needs to go one step further.! The war on cigs must continue .Never , never, never give up - Winston Churchill.
    Why should the lives of non-smokers be put at risk?
    Why should our Health Service continue to creak at the seems treating people who are willing to endanger their own health?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It really is a dumb habit. Paying giant multinational companies to give you lung cancer €10 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It really is a dumb habit. Paying giant multinational companies to give you lung cancer €10 at a time.

Yep, "buying sickness" at a Premium price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

I couldnt believe my eyes what i witnessed in Dunnes Stores Carpark in NCR on Thursday night. I was just parking alongside the pedestrian walkway in the middle of the carpark when i saw a traveller man with his young son letting the boy pull down his trousers and make a s**t in the pedestrian walkway, then just pull up his trousers and walk on into Dunnes as if it was a very natural thing to do in public. Surely he could have waited to use the customer toilets in the store. Disgusting!!!

kingdomlad wrote: »
    I couldnt believe my eyes what i witnessed in Dunnes Stores Carpark in NCR on Thursday night. I was just parking alongside the pedestrian walkway in the middle of the carpark when i saw a traveller man with his young son letting the boy pull down his trousers and make a s**t in the pedestrian walkway, then just pull up his trousers and walk on into Dunnes as if it was a very natural thing to do in public. Surely he could have waited to use the customer toilets in the store. Disgusting!!!

wow, that's just beyond words! :eek:

wow, that's just beyond words! :eek:

Just be glad he didnt do it in the toiletries aisle & break open a pack of Charmin afterwards :)

Btw, those 4 camper vans are still down by the Ashe hall, it's almost 8 weeks now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Believe me, there was no Charmin, or any other type of bog roll used in this case.

Believe me, there was no Charmin, or any other type of bog roll used in this case.

That's the kind of thing that we need to get up on YouTube.......just make sure you tag it as Killarney Dunnes though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I read this this morning and I've barely eaten all day. Filthy f**kers. Even a cat would try and bury it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A few years back we were painting houses in an estate in Tralee for the council.

They were also re slating some of the roofs at the time, so there was scaffold set up in front of the houses.

Every morning the roofers used to find human excrement on the scaffold boards on the roof level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

If its sh1t in Tralee stories ye're after, on the floor of the roofed bit on the slide unit in the children's park in the Town Park a couple of years ago. Lucky my daughter was afraid to slide down on her own and I had to go up with her. I stood there warning others for a few minutes before I felt it was somebody elses turn and got out of there.

Is there any good or positive news in Tralee?

• Advertisement

Btw, those 4 camper vans are still down by the Ashe hall, it's almost 8 weeks now I think

2 camper vans back in Slatt's carpark overnight and still there this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

2 camper vans back in Slatt's carpark overnight and still there this morning!

I wonder do they have indoor toilets or will they avail of the unlimited outdoor facilities that Tralee is currently providing?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

You should have reported them to the Gardai or tell the store

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Didn't take you as a fan of CJC, we learn something new everyday.

Never heard of the bloke

Sully34 wrote: »
    Never heard of the bloke

Seems this thread has forgotten and all !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yet again my inbox is full of complaints.
    Any more muppetry and ill ban the#1 offenders. I'm sick of logging in to be met with a load of Pms about the same thing.

Looks like the cleaners have been in

Its like yesterday never happened. If only life had a moderater

Yet again my inbox is full of complaints.
    Any more muppetry and ill ban the#1 offenders. I'm sick of logging in to be met with a load of Pms about the same thing.

Maybe you should have a word with the ones clogging up your inbox with the same old thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Is there any good or positive news in Tralee?

My daughter was made student of the week last week. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement