Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I know that there are lot of cyclist lovers on this thread so you will be pleased to note the The Kingdom Alliance Sportive - Tour of Kerry is taking place over the June Bank Holiday Weekend. This is a 3 day event with all stages starting and finishing in Tralee. Options of 50 mile or 100 mile route. Great event last year that brought significant business into the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

kimbaines wrote: »
    I know that there are lot of cyclist lovers on this thread so you will be pleased to note the The Kingdom Alliance Sportive - Tour of Kerry is taking place over the June Bank Holiday Weekend. This is a 3 day event with all stages starting and finishing in Tralee. Options of 50 mile or 100 mile route. Great event last year that brought significant business into the town.

Signed up for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Best of luck to anyone doing any of the stages,getting pains in legs just looking at the route for them :)

I see that a stage of the An Post Ras will be finishing in Cahersiveen today,its a pity a stage cant finish in Tralee,would love to see them having a crack off that North Kerry stage,

Did a stage of the Ras ever finish in Tralee?

• Advertisement

Best of luck to anyone doing any of the stages,getting pains in legs just looking at the route for them :)

I see that a stage of the An Post Ras will be finishing in Cahersiveen today,its a pity a stage cant finish in Tralee,would love to see them having a crack off that North Kerry stage,

Did a stage of the Ras ever finish in Tralee?

Not sure about the Ras but the Nissan Classic finished a stage in Tralee back in the 80's. It was a massive event back then. I remember standing outside Kerry Group watching Roche and Kelly going down Prince's st. Even the pro's didn't know what they were in for when they were faced with the short mountain from the Castlemaine side :D

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Not sure about the Ras but the Nissan Classic finished a stage in Tralee back in the 80's. It was a massive event back then. I remember standing outside Kerry Group watching Roche and Kelly going down Prince's st. Even the pro's didn't know what they were in for when they were faced with the short mountain from the Castlemaine side :D

Used that be televised as well?

Used that be televised as well?

Yep, Jimmy Magee used to do the commentary. There was an old clip of the stage on youtube somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

xxyyzz wrote: »

Jaysus I remember watching that in town. I was bombing on me Super Delux for weeks after thinking I was Stephen Roche and doing the Jimmy Magee commentary

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Texaco are taking over the forecourt part of the Gala shop in Oakpark. They were putting up the signs this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Texaco are taking over the forecourt part of the Gala shop in Oakpark. They were putting up the signs this evening.

Read that as Tesco first :)

The county manager was giving out advice this morning when the water charges come in he talked about not flushing your toilet everytime you use it.

"Tom Curran says when a toilet is flushed 10 gallons of water is used and this will cost money when water charges are introduced"

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/county-manager-says-toilets-dont-need-to-be-flushed-every-time/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

The county manager was giving out advice this morning when the water charges come in he talked about not flushing your toilet everytime you use it.

"Tom Curran says when a toilet is flushed 10 gallons of water is used and this will cost money when water charges are introduced"

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/county-manager-says-toilets-dont-need-to-be-flushed-every-time/

Jaysus, his toilet must be huge... I'd say he might have meant 10 liters. A handy way to reduce the amount flushed is to pop a filled 2 liter water bottle into the cistern. Can always take it out then for bigger jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Thats good news, and will be good for the shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Thats good news, and will be good for the shop too.

Indeed. Because I refuse to go to Applegreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Indeed. Because I refuse to go to Applegreen!

Why? It's the cheapest petrol and a good shop

Just had a visit from two folks from a local church looking for money. I mean if anybody has hard cash in this country its the church. I wonder how good God will be for a dig out when the banks come knockin or you cant keep up with the council rates or meet the payments on your lease. Is it not enough to mug you with a basket every Sunday morning that they got to take to the streets and start shaking down local business people.

Lord have mercy on us all

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I go in there for diesel now and again but since the time I was charged €1.50 for a scone I keep shopping in there to a minimum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Is all their own branded stuff in there. They don't stock anything from local companies.

At least, that's the reason I won't go there

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ashill5

We have a load of old secondary schoolbooks in good condition that are no longer being used. The bookshops won't take them and other than putting them into recycling, could anyone suggest anywhere that would take them.

• Advertisement

Ashill5 wrote: »
    We have a load of old secondary schoolbooks in good condition that are no longer being used. The bookshops won't take them and other than putting them into recycling, could anyone suggest anywhere that would take them.

What about SVP or other charity shops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Give them to a school. Could give them to kids who are in need

Just heard from the horses mouth. Papers signed today to open up the Brogue Inn again

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Sully34 wrote: »
    Just heard from the horses mouth. Papers signed today to open up the Brogue Inn again

a kirby?

numorouno wrote: »
    a kirby?

Kind of!! Dont think they were going to let it go anywhere else

Thats good to hear,would be a shame if it was left go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There is an exhibition of Royal Munster Fusiliers Memorabilia in the Library this Friday and Saturday if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Sully34 wrote: »

Yep. Middle of July is the aimed for target date

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

that's good news! I heard there was a bit of work to be done in there though. Was there some sort of leak in a roof or something? might have been said here before, can't remember now! It will be good to see it back open though.

• Advertisement

Well knowing you know who he wants to open this saturday so I would stay away from the draft folks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement