Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Sully34 wrote: »
    Well knowing you know who he wants to open this saturday so I would stay away from the draft folks

Is this a code for something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Re the Brogue:
    I saw a well known builder from town sizing up the brogue about 3 weeks ago so guessed something was in the pipe line with it. It will be Good to see it opening again - who ever runs it ..

On a side note (this already may be mentioned in earlier pages of this thread) anyone know what's happening in lidl ?
    I heard a rumour it may be closing to do some refurb works...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Is this a code for something?

No its braille

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Re the Brogue:
    I saw a well known builder from town sizing up the brogue about 3 weeks ago so guessed something was in the pipe line with it. It will be Good to see it opening again - who ever runs it ..

On a side note (this already may be mentioned in earlier pages of this thread) anyone know what's happening in lidl ?

Lidl are planning to increase the size of their Tralee store by about 50%. They've submitted a planning application to the council. Not sure if it will remain open during construction or if they'll trade out of a temporary premises for the duration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Re the Brogue:

Lidl are looking to move into the old McCowans yard in Edward st. Not happening anytime soon, but it's almost a done deal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Lidl are planning to increase the size of their Tralee store by about 50%. They've submitted a planning application to the council. Not sure if it will remain open during construction or if they'll trade out of a temporary premises for the duration.

they have already started work on it, I was in there on Wednesday & there was works going on around the storeroom side of the building.

What has gone into the old Reens cars building next to Lidl? It seems to be some sort of offices, but I can't remember the name on it.

Lidl are looking to move into the old McCowans yard in Edward st. Not happening anytime soon, but it's almost a done deal

Rent to kill wouldnt have enough ammunition for that place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Aspen Grove, they were up in the technology park I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Post in Tralee Chamber Alliance FB page saying Cotter Catering have taken over Brogue Inn and will open this summer. Directors in this company include wife, Fiona Kirby and her brother, Fergal Kirby so the family connection remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

phormium wrote: »
    Aspen Grove, they were up in the technology park I think.

Yeah, tech company have moved from the technology park and taken over Reens due to lack of space in the tech park. It's a huge move for them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Cotter catering have bought the brogue.
    Same crew that run MJs.

Cotter catering have bought the brogue.
    Same crew that run MJs.

Breaking news eh

Early days yet, but of the 51 boxes in the tralee electoral area 19 are open & the tally has Ferris on 26% Foley on 11% McCarthy on 10% "Young" Tommy Mac on 8.6% Daly on 7% Terry O'Brien on 7.7%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Early days yet, but of the 51 boxes in the tralee electoral area 19 are open & the tally has Ferris on 26% Foley on 11% McCarthy on 10% "Young" Tommy Mac on 8.6% Daly on 7% Terry O'Brien on 7.7%.

Why would anyone vote for Mc ellistrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

'because they always voted for them and sure didn't they vote for his father before him'

also

Sure we always voted fianna fail

Toireasa Ferris top of the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Toireasa Ferris top of the poll.

Major feck up by SF they have 3 quotas but only 2 candidates. They are going to leave a seat after them.

kn wrote: »
    Major feck up by SF they have 3 quotas but only 2 candidates. They are going to leave a seat after them.

That's what happens when you dump a sitting town councillor I suppose

Im sorry to see Anne McEllistrim doing so badly in Killarney/Castleisland but im not sorry about her gom of a brother in the Tralee area.

SF have 2 young & vibrant candidates in town. FF stuck with a man in his 60's, and 2 children of past TD's. Now they may keep their seats, but going forward there is no hope of a dáil seat amongst the lot of them.
    They need some new, invigorating people to come onboard pdq

• Advertisement

Good to see Toireasa topping the poll. Pa Daly doing excellent for he's first time running!

I do hope Sam Locke keeps a seat, a man that actually works for his community, bit of a long shot though with the tallys putting him in 10th

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Good to see Toireasa topping the poll. Pa Daly doing excellent for he's first time running!

delighted for them both!! They are both really nice people & hard working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I do hope Sam Locke keeps a seat, a man that actually works for his community, bit of a long shot though with the tallys putting him in 10th

How many seats are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

SF have 2 young & vibrant candidates in town. FF stuck with a man in his 60's, and 2 children of past TD's. Now they may keep their seats, but going forward there is no hope of a dáil seat amongst the lot of them.
    They need some new, invigorating people to come onboard pdq

With Kerry becoming a 5 seater next time there is a FF or exFF seat in kerry but not both I think.

A FG, Labour and SF there too.

So the last seat will be a toss-up I reckon.

5live wrote: »
    With Kerry becoming a 5 seater next time there is a FF or exFF seat in kerry but not both I think.

A FG, Labour and SF there too.

So the last seat will be a toss-up I reckon.

Is there two SF seats in Kerry? Father and Daughter perhaps?

Is it time to declare North Kerry (Tralee and Listowel) a HR free zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

ongarboy wrote: »
    Post in Tralee Chamber Alliance FB page saying Cotter Catering have taken over Brogue Inn and will open this summer. Directors in this company include wife, Fiona Kirby and her brother, Fergal Kirby so the family connection remains.

Delighted for them.

Is there two SF seats in Kerry? Father and Daughter perhaps?

Is it time to declare North Kerry (Tralee and Listowel) a HR free zone?

I dont think Martin will run next election!

• Advertisement

Martin Ferris has already stated that he won't run in the next election. Sonn Fein don't have the tactical nous to win 2 seats in this constituency, unless they get a Kerry footballer or somesuch to attract the non traditional SF vote

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement