Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

Not too many working in the private sector earning 50K per annum in North Kerry

Oh for heaven sake don't turn this into another one of those public versus private sparring matches!

The fact is that there are people earning 50kish in both public and private in Kerry and elsewhere and there are plenty more with less than that in both public and private,again in Kerry and elsewhere. They are all workers. They've all been made to pay the lion's share of the recession and Labour has done nothing only aid and abet the blueshirts.

I find the begrudging snide remarks about relatively modest earnings very tiresome. And what Graham Spring earns as AJ's secretary is irrelevant. If people don't want him,they needn't vote for him. I didn't, but that doesn't stop me from recognising that he is decent and well meaning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

acequion wrote: »
    Oh for heaven sake don't turn this into another one of those public versus private sparring matches!

The fact is that there are people earning 50kish in both public and private in Kerry and elsewhere and there are plenty more with less than that in both public and private,again in Kerry and elsewhere. They are all workers. They've all been made to pay the lion's share of the recession and Labour has done nothing only aid and abet the blueshirts.

I find the begrudging snide remarks about relatively modest earnings very tiresome. And what Graham Spring earns as AJ's secretary is irrelevant. If people don't want him,they needn't vote for him. I didn't, but that doesn't stop me from recognising that he is decent and well meaning.

Buy its blatant nepotism that got him that secretary's job!

I'd love to know how I would go about finding out if it was advertised.

And before you say it happens all the time in the private sector. Well in them cases my taxes don't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

acequion wrote: »

Don't shoot the messenger. The Labour Party are about as much use to private sector PAYE worker as the hind mammary on a bull. That Party's bread is buttered courtesy of ASTI, TUI, IFUT, ICTU, SIPTU et al. We're not all fooled by the charade they have pulled off since being elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Buy its blatant nepotism that got him that secretary's job!

I'd love to know how I would go about finding out if it was advertised.

And before you say it happens all the time in the private sector. Well in them cases my taxes don't pay for it.

He is his Parliamentary Assistant not Secretary. The pay for the job is circa €45k. As a Councillor there is also an allowance of €17k/pa plus an expenses allowance depending on distance from Council.

Don't shoot the messenger. The Labour Party are about as much use to private sector PAYE worker as the hind mammary on a bull. That Party's bread is buttered courtesy of ASTI, TUI, IFUT, ICTU, SIPTU et al. We're not all fooled by the charade they have pulled off since being elected.

And those unions are nothing more than Government facilitators that scare their members into accepting whatever the Government wants. So believe me, the Labour Party is about the same use to public sector workers, ie no use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Lidl will close for 6 weeks between 26 June to 7 August to allow renovations and also the rumors are true that they are going to open a new shop on Edward Street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

snams wrote: »
    Lidl will close for 6 weeks between 26 June to 7 August to allow renovations and also the rumors are true that they are going to open a new shop on Edward Street.

6 weeks is a long time to be closed, and they won't have the new store open for a long time I'd say. I heard there were objections to them opening on Edward st, although that was probably just Aldi objecting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    6 weeks is a long time to be closed, and they won't have the new store open for a long time I'd say. I heard there were objections to them opening on Edward st, although that was probably just Aldi objecting!

Dunnes ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dunnes ;)

true enough, forgot them! The likes of Aldi & Lidl are hitting them hard enough as it is without them being on their doorstep!

So is it a fact that Lidl are opening in McCowens or is it just informed speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

true enough, forgot them! The likes of Aldi & Lidl are hitting them hard enough as it is without them being on their doorstep!

No harm. The likes of them and Garvey's were scalping us for long enough!

No harm. The likes of them and Garvey's were scalping us for long enough!

I personally always shop in Dunnes, I prefer it.

kn wrote: »
    So is it a fact that Lidl are opening in McCowens or is it just informed speculation?

its happening alright!

I personally always shop in Dunnes, I prefer it.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hey all

Is there a hostel in Tralee that provides free parking?
    On hostelworld I see Bibis, Finnegans and a few others but free parking is important.

Thanks

Hey all

On hostelworld I see Bibis, Finnegans and a few others but free parking is important.

Thanks

If Westward Court on Mary Street is still running it has its own car park out the rear and its right next to the town centre.

PS I see that it is called 'Tralee Holiday Lodge' these days. It is a very good standard of accommodation for a hostel.
    http://www.traleeholidaylodge.com

Hey all

Thanks

there is a lot of parking around Bibi's on Boherbee. It is mostly paid parking though. Finnegans is on Denny Street & there is parking, but again you need to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is there free parking at the back of super valu?

I need free parking as staying over the weekend.

no, there's no free parking in the town centre I'm afraid. Maybe ring Bibi's and ask if they can advise of any free parking around there. The only time its free parking is Sunday & bank holiday Monday.

The Tralee Holiday Lodge I referred to above has free parking out the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I think it should be noted that today is the last day of Tralee town council.
    The Tralee town flag will be lowered in a few minutes.
    End of a(very long) era.

I think it should be noted that today is the last day of Tralee town council.
    The Tralee town flag will be lowered in a few minutes.
    End of a(very long) era.

Sponsored by M&S........

Do we get to do a "nelson's column" on the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The square was over run by young ones all day! Place is a state right now.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The square was over run by young ones all day! Place is a state right now.

I noticed that alright! I know we all hung around town when we were that age, but were we all screaming & shouting & leaving the place in a tip after us?? doubt it to be honest, I don't remember the lack of respect being as bad as it is now (and no I'm not an auld one! lol):cool:

There was ridiculously loud music & MC/DJ'ing up in the ITT this morning for the 'Kingdom Alliance' cycling tour of Kerry. We were woken at 8.30AM by really loud music, we thought the neighbours were having a party! I then heard someone talking on a microphone really loudly, and heard him say it was this cycling race.

What was the need for that much noise at that time of the morning! I live about 1/2 a mile from the ITT, but I know someone who could hear it from Sunday's well! I was not impressed to be woken up on my morning off! :(

(and no I'm not an auld one! lol):cool:

What a difference a day makes! :)

What a difference a day makes! :)

well being woken up at 8.30am on my day off, of which I don't get many, to sh*ite music & shouting into a microphone would p*ss a lot of people off, young or old! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

They are at the IT again tomorrow and Monday!

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    They are at the IT again tomorrow and Monday!

great! earplugs to the ready!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement