Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    well being woken up at 8.30am on my day off, of which I don't get many, to sh*ite music & shouting into a microphone would p*ss a lot of people off, young or old! :mad:

8.30? My heart bleeds :-)

Don't ever have kids

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    8.30? My heart bleeds :-)

Don't ever have kids

I don't, and I am grateful for being able to sleep in once & a while when I am off work! but I'm sure if I do have kids I'll cope with no lie in's....just saying it was a bit early for that kind of noise on a weekend, no need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Anyone got a snickers? :):)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

its no wonder this board has got so quiet!

its no wonder this board has got so quiet!

I'll be up at 8.30 tomorrow morning with my drum kit......any requests?

Ps, I'm obviously not being serious....... I play violin :)

• Advertisement

anyone know what's going into the old Swamp unit on Castle Street? I noticed its being refurbished inside & painted black outside.

anyone know what's going into the old Swamp unit on Castle Street? I noticed its being refurbished inside & painted black outside.

Yeah, Ivan Maher is opening a new store "Official Denim" is the name over the door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I was looking on Daft earlier and it seemed like half the commercial units in Town were up for sale/rent including a lot of the pubs!

kn wrote: »
    I was looking on Daft earlier and it seemed like half the commercial units in Town were up for sale/rent including a lot of the pubs!

yeah, I noticed that even filled commercial units seem to be up for sale! There are a good few pubs for sale, including Benners hotel, Vals and the Stationhouse (can't think of more right now). I can't seem any of them going too soon, although I'd like to see Val's open again. I am sure someone told me recently that 'The Night Jar' is up for sale too??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

NAMA must be releasing property's on to the market so!

• Advertisement

yeah, I noticed that even filled commercial units seem to be up for sale! There are a good few pubs for sale, including Benners hotel, Vals and the Stationhouse (can't think of more right now). I can't seem any of them going too soon, although I'd like to see Val's open again. I am sure someone told me recently that 'The Night Jar' is up for sale too??

Yeah the Nightjar is on there along with the huddle, sportsfield bar, roundys, the one near the rock inn, nancy myles, the rose tavern, aine's cafe etc. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. In all there was 256 listings for Tralee! Going by Daft it seemed as if every office on Dennys and Ashe St is unoccupied!

it says on the Station house for sale ad 'Final Offers by Tuesday 4th March, 2014'....hmmm, not sure that happened!
    http://www.daft.ie/commercial/station-house-blennerville-tralee-kerry/120489/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Station house is completely gutted, so it seems a bit expensive considering how much would neef to be spent to get it open

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yeah, Ivan Maher is opening a new store "Official Denim" is the name over the door

While Swerve (which lasted no battle) and that other place D1 are closing down....

Anybody intending to go to Ballyseedy garden centre for the "Home to Rome" fun day? ....may have a go on the bouncy castle myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Looking for a bit of info please?
    Does any one in tralee sell MAC make up products please?

Cheers and thanks :)

Lisha wrote: »

unfortunately no :( I wish there was, but the closest place for us ladies (or men!!) to get Mac is Brown Thomas Cork or Limerick (Brown Thomas only place who do sell Mac in Ireland).

Thanks Ciarrai76

:( I'll try online so.
    Thinking about heading to castlegregory either Monday or Tuesday so would have been handy to kill 2 birds at once.

Am just hoping the rain stays inland!

Thanks Ciarrai76

:( I'll try online so.
    Thinking about heading to castlegregory either Monday or Tuesday so would have been handy to kill 2 birds at once.

Am just hoping the rain stays inland!

I don't think you can even buy Mac online, be wary cos there can be a lot of fake stuff as far as I know.

I don't think you can even buy Mac online, be wary cos there can be a lot of fake stuff as far as I know.

I'm trying the BT website it's impossible to navigate on the phone though :(
    Tbh I don't wear makeup too often so there is no immediate panic. I'll happily go about my normal day au naturel :)

Hopefully all I'll need tomorrow is sun factor

• Advertisement

I'm trying the BT website it's impossible to navigate on the phone though :(
    Tbh I don't wear makeup too often so there is no immediate panic. I'll happily go about my normal day au naturel :)

Hopefully all I'll need tomorrow is sun factor

I used to wear Mac, but I changed over to Bare Minerals, and you can get that up in Debenhams in Manor. I really like it, and I'm not into wearing much makeup so it suits me perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

lv heard of some beautcians around kerry, killorgan l think, that would often go to cork, take a list of mac products clients want and get it for them...

lv heard of some beautcians around kerry, killorgan l think, that would often go to cork, take a list of mac products clients want and get it for them...

I know that with Mac in Brown Thomas, Cork, you can ring them & order what you want and they will post it out to you. I was told this when I was there a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

It seems Tralee slept in another long weekend. With crowds heading for Listowel,Killorglin and Killarney I couldnt believe how quiet the Town was. When you see the amount of work going into the Brogue Inn it makes you wonder how big a risk it must be to take that place on when you cant fill any of the pubs up Town on one of the biggest weekends of the year.
    Going through Rock St earlier it was great to see a massive crowd outside the Castle bar,pints in hand and great craic going on. Then I realised they were waiting to get s bus to the Listowel races.
    Tralee needs to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sully34 wrote: »
    It seems Tralee slept in another long weekend. With crowds heading for Listowel,Killorglin and Killarney I couldnt believe how quiet the Town was. When you see the amount of work going into the Brogue Inn it makes you wonder how big a risk it must be to take that place on when you cant fill any of the pubs up Town on one of the biggest weekends of the year.
    Going through Rock St earlier it was great to see a massive crowd outside the Castle bar,pints in hand and great craic going on. Then I realised they were waiting to get s bus to the Listowel races.
    Tralee needs to wake up

Ya was in town for a few pints over the weekend,for a long weekend it was quiet enough around the place.

Perhaps a new bar should offer something different? Whatever street you walk along, the bars are mostly the same old, same old. Surely we don't all want a pub with old men drinking Guinness, hogging the tv to watch some 4 legged donkeys at towcester & toilets that stink of piss?
    Maybe a bar with some decent seating that encourages conversation, music that is complimentary & not intrusive or overloud. Ambient jazz or somesuch. Decent beers on tap, Budweiser, Heineken & the like are ok for some, but a wider variety of ipa's & local Irish brewery beers would encourage more to the pubs I think......

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Perhaps a new bar should offer something different? Whatever street you walk along, the bars are mostly the same old, same old. Surely we don't all want a pub with old men drinking Guinness, hogging the tv to watch some 4 legged donkeys at towcester & toilets that stink of piss?
    Maybe a bar with some decent seating that encourages conversation, music that is complimentary & not intrusive or overloud. Ambient jazz or somesuch. Decent beers on tap, Budweiser, Heineken & the like are ok for some, but a wider variety of ipa's & local Irish brewery beers would encourage more to the pubs I think......

Now heres one person with some new thinking -heres hoping at least some publicans read your post and copy your ideas

The problem is that 'the old men drinking Guinness' and watching the nags are the type of regular that is paying the rent and rates. Whereas the hipsters sitting around putting the world to rights while listening to 'ambient jazz or somesuch' probably have a naggin in the purse that they bought in the offie on the way into Town!

kn wrote: »
    The problem is that 'the old men drinking Guinness' and watching the nags are the type of regular that is paying the rent and rates. Whereas the hipsters sitting around putting the world to rights while listening to 'ambient jazz or somesuch' probably have a naggin in the purse that they bought in the offie on the way into Town!

Never been referred to as a hipster before, should I be offended?
    All I'm saying is there are enough bars in town catering for the old pint suppers & gee-gee brigade.
    You have a look in Cork or Dublin there are quite a few bars I refer too, they draw crowds of late 20's to mid 40's, and that's where the most disposable income is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Never been referred to as a hipster before, should I be offended?
    All I'm saying is there are enough bars in town catering for the old pint suppers & gee-gee brigade.
    You have a look in Cork or Dublin there are quite a few bars I refer too, they draw crowds of late 20's to mid 40's, and that's where the most disposable income is.

Roundys have a reasonable selection of Irish craft beers, well, 8 degrees and one or two others. All bottles though. Nothing on tap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement