Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Lelantos wrote: »
    Its supposed to be Dealz, but I've heard that it may have fallen thru within the last few weeks. No solid info, but the lack of follow up by Dealz on recruitment is a little worrying

Even looks big enough for an M&S......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    Even looks big enough for an M&S......

can you imagine! :) I'd prefer M&S to Dealz any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    can you imagine! :) I'd prefer M&S to Dealz any day!
    Same as that - costs a fortune to travel and shop there. But worth every penny. Meet many Tralee person back there. We can only hope that they will come here eventually.
    Shame about the Brogue - need to look for another place for breakfast now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

murphy05 wrote: »
    Same as that - costs a fortune to travel and shop there. But worth every penny. Meet many Tralee person back there. We can only hope that they will come here eventually.
    Shame about the Brogue - need to look for another place for breakfast now.

the M&S butter muffins are amazing, I stock up on them when I'm in Killarney lol So I'd be over the moon if they open here, just for the muffins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

We can only dream....
    Wonder what will go into Abbeycourt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Lelantos wrote: »
    Its supposed to be Dealz, but I've heard that it may have fallen thru within the last few weeks. No solid info, but the lack of follow up by Dealz on recruitment is a little worrying

Dealz appear to be opening everywhere. Recently en route through Shannon I noticed that Dealz had replaced Tesco in Shannon Town Centre.

It would certainly be nice if M&S open in Tralee town:)

Not only would M&S attract more shoppers to town ,in addition they would attract other businesses and ultimately more employment.

the M&S butter muffins are amazing, I stock up on them when I'm in Killarney lol So I'd be over the moon if they open here, just for the muffins lol

Folks, tea party in Ciarrai's house this weekend!:)

Folks, tea party in Ciarrai's house this weekend!:)

sorry, all out of muffins! lol need to head to Killarney again soon for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I see Lee Records has been cleared out, it's very empty in there now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

Another Tralee landmark closing it's doors ... ?

6zrpkj.jpg

Leithman wrote: »
    Another Tralee landmark closing it's doors ... ?

6zrpkj.jpg

It closed on Thursday, unfortunately.

is the Stationhouse back open? someone told me today it is!?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

is the Stationhouse back open? someone told me today it is!?

Passed it tonight at 9pm - it was in darkeness with no sign of life.

Passed it tonight at 9pm - it was in darkeness with no sign of life.

I didn't think so! I hadn't heard it was re-opening, so maybe they just saw work going on & assumed it was open again.

sorry, all out of muffins! lol need to head to Killarney again soon for more!

Pity, we were looking forward to afternoon tea on Sunday.:)

The Abbey inn was charging the €5 entry at 11.50 last night, all the advertisements say its €5 after 12, the bouncer got thick then when I questioned it.
    Bad buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The Abbey inn was charging the €5 entry at 11.50 last night, all the advertisements say its €5 after 12, the bouncer got thick then when I questioned it.
    Bad buzz!

I suppose with Kirbys shut its one less late bar for them to contend with in the area. They believe they can squeeze the consumer a little harder because of that.
    Could backfire on them big-time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bad buzz!

The bouncers in there are on an ego trip tbh.

I know its only €5 cover charge but I still cant see how they can justify this,Its not like they have live bands playing there.

Any word on Hennessy's opening their new place?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Bad buzz!

Experienced this also not so long ago. Me and few friends came dashing up for about 11.50 to avoid the charge and were told we'd have to pay to get in. I also questioned it and was given a lame made up excuse from one of the bouncers that "oh we charge from 11 since last week". Some serious complaint has to be made to The Abbey for this to stop it going on, wouldn't be surprised if it happened to many others too who just accept it and go in. Who knows if management are even aware of it or if they are its blatant false advertising!

• Advertisement

Seems quite a few people are miffed at this. Bit of a stir on Facebook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I avoid the Abbey on Friday and Saturday nights. Its ok on Sunday nights and its free.

Plenty of other places to go that have a late bar on a Saturday night and don't charge anything to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

The Abbey's a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I find the staff in the Abbey to be a <> pretty ignorant lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Riasao

Im surprised to hear that abot the Abbey. Wouldnt normally go there but was out last Friday night with a gang from work and because there was 12 of us we got in without a charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Within the last two months there has been an awfull change in the abbey, the whole charging before 12 business has been going on for the last two months, when questioned its the normal broken english response.

Then you have the influx of nothing but kids in there, I mean literally kids 17 and under.

Now when you pair these together bam you know that the abbey is dieing a slow death and struggling to make a profit so charging before 12 and leavimg kids in is a sign of desperation.

Digging a hole for themselves, the abbey could very well be the next bar we talk about closing, lets hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

The bouncers in there are on an ego trip tbh.

I know its only €5 cover charge but I still cant see how they can justify this,Its not like they have live bands playing there.

Any word on Hennessy's opening their new place?
    In Dublin the weekend and it was free into all the late bars in Wexford street harcourt st and temple bar no charge so how can u justify paying a fiver in to a pu....I'll stick to the blasket and hennessys no charge nice bouncers in both and decent bar staff with no toddlers running around ....I passed hennessys new place lat Monday and the door was open and saw the furniture so it can't be too long I heard its gonna be over 21 or over 23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can't believe the Brog inn is closed, lovely building!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

geewhizz wrote: »
    In Dublin the weekend and it was free into all the late bars in Wexford street harcourt st and temple bar no charge so how can u justify paying a fiver in to a pu....I'll stick to the blasket and hennessys no charge nice bouncers in both and decent bar staff with no toddlers running around ....I passed hennessys new place lat Monday and the door was open and saw the furniture so it can't be too long I heard its gonna be over 21 or over 23

An over 23 bar is definitely something the town needs.The over 25's was very handy in Fabric when it was open.At least there'll be more choice instead of heading to the same spots on weekends.I'd be surprised if the Abbey have the audacity to keep on charging a fiver when Hennessy opens.

• Advertisement

I find the staff in the Abbey to be a <> pretty ignorant lot.

The Abbey have some of the most rude & ignorant door staff. I haven't been there since November & won't be back anytime soon due to them ruining my birthday night out & even after a complaint to them from me by email through their FB page (which I saw a read receipt with the time & date), they never replied. I've heard so many stories of how they treat customers, and none are good. They would want to start copping on a lot! I think they forget that its the customers who are keeping them open!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement