Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

unkymo wrote: »
    If your an Arsenal supporter ( or any other Premier League team) then be in the Greyhound Bar tomorrow evening at 7. The FA Cup is in town!!
    Had my picture taken this morning with the fake trofee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

If your an Arsenal supporter ( or any other Premier League team) then be in the Greyhound Bar tomorrow evening at 7. The FA Cup is in town!!

I went down last night. There was a BBQ, music, a few pints and got a pic with the FA Cup!

Great night down there. A friend of mine said its in the Bons today, his sister works there and told him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

I went down last night. There was a BBQ, music, a few pints and got a pic with the FA Cup!

Great night down there. A friend of mine said its in the Bons today, his sister works there and told him.

It's been in metal urges, ch chemist & a few more places today.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yeah, Manna are organic fruit & veg, and well established at this stage. They were originally based opposite the Garda station for many years, so they have a regular customer base now and they home deliver. This new place is just fruit & veg & apparently its all come in from Italy! I don't think Horan's fruit & veg have much to worry about!

Before I went in there today I would have agreed with you, but I'm glad I did, the man in there is very nice and had free samples of the fruits to try, the melon was amazing and prices are reasonable.
    I asked where the produce comes from and indeed it is all from Italy but to be fair everything seems to be very fresh and picked when ripe and not weeks before and travelling all over (Apparently he says only a few days from plant to shop, I hope its true, All produce in shop is also only in season so that's another +1 for me, he he had a great range of tomatoes, different shapes and sizes/varieties and all seemed properly ripe and had good texture/flavour.
    Next week he's getting in cheese/oils.

I'm definitely going to pop back again :)
    I don't drive so its handier for me to walk there then down to Horans near Argos or the one near the Big Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Has anyone seen the music line up for this years festival? It has to be the poorest line-up in years! Union J for the teeny boppers, I don't think I have ever even heard one of their songs. Then the only kind of decent one is Walking on Cars (band from Dingle) & even they played the Sunday last year (they are good though). There's Nathan Carter, again & some others I've never heard of. It really is a poor attempt! Last year was a lot better!

A present, I think music in Ireland is going nowhere. The main reason is that many of the managers, promoters, those in the media in charge of it, etc. all basically have a poor knowledge of music and also lack no invention. The whole thing seems to be boybands, boyband-styled country and irish, etc. No much else.

There's lots of good music acts out there in all genres in Ireland don't get me wrong. But they just never get the chance because of the stranglehold of certain individuals have of the industry here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Do ye remember the music festival Killarney used to have about 10 years ago, Summerfest?? The one time I went I saw Damien Dempsey and David Grey, I think Pink was there the year after, that seems to have died a death. It would be great to have something like that up and running again...racecourse in Tralee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    Do ye remember the music festival Killarney used to have about 10 years ago, Summerfest?? The one time I went I saw Damien Dempsey and David Grey, I think Pink was there the year after, that seems to have died a death. It would be great to have something like that up and running again...racecourse in Tralee?

A concert of sorts would be a great idea in the racecourse! Wonder why its not been done! I went to David Gray in Killarney about 6 years ago, really good gig.

I am so disappointed with the line-up for the Rose this year, its such a poor attempt. Even last year, with the Stunning playing, the crowd was tiny, mainly because people didn't want to pay €10 to get beyond the barriers/trucks on Denny St. I paid it, because I really wanted to see the Stunning again, and Ryan Sheridan was brilliant, as were Walking on Cars, who I hadn't seen before, and liked a lot. I know its a lot to do with money etc, but they do get a lot from the businesses in town, so why can't they provide a better line-up of bands. There are so many good band around. I personally have zero interest in going to see Union J & can't imagine they have a very big following? I might go see Walking on Cars again, but if its not a free gig, and there's nothing else on in Denny St, then not sure I can be bothered paying just to see one band!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Hi!
    Moving down to Tralee in a few days to work in the hospital. Can anyone tell me is there any nice gyms close to the hospital, within walking distance that wouldnt be crazy expensive? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

FIFA2004 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Moving down to Tralee in a few days to work in the hospital. Can anyone tell me is there any nice gyms close to the hospital, within walking distance that wouldnt be crazy expensive? Thanks!

Manor Wesr Hotel is the only one within handy walking distance circa 5 minutes. But it also in the direction out of the Town centre so unless you are also going to be living in the Killerisk area of the Town its going to increase your journey home.

http://www.manorwesthotel.ie/leisure_club.htm

Ring of Kerry cycle tomorrow....anybody here going to be doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Start of my 2 week holiday in Camp tomorrow. Was down last week doing the 10 mile trail run, and bought all the non perishables. Went up shearing sheep with the brother in law after. We were moving some from a field to the pen, they took one look at me, and ran at me, onto the dingle road. In front of a recovery truck coming down the hill. I dunno how he missed them. I retreated to the field, and the sheep dogs got them back to the pen. If ever a lad felt useless...

beertons wrote: »
    Start of my 2 week holiday in Camp tomorrow. Was down last week doing the 10 mile trail run, and bought all the non perishables. Went up shearing sheep with the brother in law after. We were moving some from a field to the pen, they took one look at me, and ran at me, onto the dingle road. In front of a recovery truck on the Annascaul road. I dunno how he missed them. I retreated to the field, and the sheep dogs got them back to the pen. If ever a lad felt useless...

Maybe they just thought you were cute? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

beertons wrote: »
    Start of my 2 week holiday in Camp tomorrow. Was down last week doing the 10 mile trail run, and bought all the non perishables. Went up shearing sheep with the brother in law after. We were moving some from a field to the pen, they took one look at me, and ran at me, onto the dingle road. In front of a recovery truck on the Annascaul road. I dunno how he missed them. I retreated to the field, and the sheep dogs got them back to the pen. If ever a lad felt useless...

Sheep are funny like that. My own often drive me mental trying to give them fresh grass, the silly buggers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

5live wrote: »
    Sheep are funny like that. My own often drive me mental trying to give them fresh grass, the silly buggers.

I wasn't laughing, nearly 8 casualties. And me in a pair of flip flops. Feck sake. Don't let the city slicker near the place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Midnight Cafe are playing for the re-opening of the Brogue on Friday 25th July!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/928672327158654/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

A[t] present, I think music in Ireland is going nowhere. The main reason is that many of the managers, promoters, those in the media in charge of it, etc. all basically have a poor knowledge of music and also lack no invention.
    Midnight Cafe are playing for the re-opening of the Brogue on Friday 25th July!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/928672327158654/?fref=ts

Q. E. D.

So it seems one of the heading acts at this years Rose of Tralee is a Garth Brooks cover act ! Surely if a few of residents in Dublin can stop 5 gigs for the real Garth Brooks gig, a few of us can get 1 tribute act gig cancelled down here.

Who is with me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Beware the powerful militant lobby that is The Mall Residents Association!! :)

ongarboy wrote: »

I hear ISIS modelled their military strategy from them!!

Word on the street is that they have joined forces with the 'Save the Green' activists. Line dancing that close to the green could be detrimental to the rose beds.
    ongarboy wrote: »

• Advertisement

that fruit & veg shop have changed their name (already) to 'Taste of Italy'!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was reading the Kerry's Eye there,see that Fenit Lighthouse that attacked by vandals,some parts of the lighthouse are dated back to the 1800's and are now destroyed

And then the story about the 80 year old blind man back in Castlegregory that got robbed his in own house while he lay on his bed,

There is some sad sad little pricks going around the place these days.

I seemed to be picking up free Bitzbuzz wifi on my iphone today while walking through the square, its the first time that's happened. I am registered with Bitzbuzz anyway and its up in Manor and in Costa, but never noticed it in the town centre. I know they were hoping to have free wifi in the town, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Maybe it was just picking up the signal from somewhere nearby, but it seemed to be in the Square/Abbey court area.

I seemed to be picking up free Bitzbuzz wifi on my iphone today while walking through the square, its the first time that's happened. I am registered with Bitzbuzz anyway and its up in Manor and in Costa, but never noticed it in the town centre. I know they were hoping to have free wifi in the town, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Maybe it was just picking up the signal from somewhere nearby, but it seemed to be in the Square/Abbey court area.

Think it's been available to 3 & O2 users for a while now?

Think it's been available to 3 & O2 users for a while now?

I enquired with Tralee Chamber Alliance & they said free wifi is now available in the town centre with Bitzbuzz, but not officially as it has a few teething problems to fix first! I managed to connect today anyway :)

I enquired with Tralee Chamber Alliance & they said free wifi is now available in the town centre with Bitzbuzz, but not officially as it has a few teething problems to fix first! I managed to connect today anyway :)

Checked my phone & I hadn't been connected to bitbuzz, had been on boots & Tesco's WiFi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm after moving to Tralee (for my sins). Who is the most reasonable company here for weekly refuse collection (I'm up by oakpark area).

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

oeb wrote: »
    I'm after moving to Tralee (for my sins). Who is the most reasonable company here for weekly refuse collection (I'm up by oakpark area).

So you're after moving to Tralee only for your sins.

oeb wrote: »

€290 for an annual service from Higgins (or €12.50 per pick up if using tags for an occasional service) https://www.higginswaste.com/webclient/splashpage
    Dillon Recycling but no prices listed online.
    http://www.dillonrecycling.ie/webclient/splashpage

• Advertisement

I spotted in Ger Carmody's window that the Tralee Central hotel (formerly the Abbeygate) has a 'sale agreed' on it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement