Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

David O'Sullivan reopening Sugrue's butchers shop in Boherbee

that's good that there's a butchers re-opening in that area again.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

those were the days...

BwKQmB-IMAAAJA7.jpg:large

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was wondering where Ryle's Menswear were moving to, and saw on their facebook page its to Ashe Street. I am assuming its that old Celcius/D3 unit opposite Mozarts? I noticed work going on in there recently.

kingdumb wrote: »
    those were the days...

What year was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I'm guessing 1979?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Is that the guy that had the butchers on Rock St?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    What year was that?
    I'm guessing 1979?

Close, 1980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

kingdumb wrote: »
    those were the days...

Obligatory Paul Cleary clip.:)

The Blades had some fantastic tunes.

kn wrote: »
    Is that the guy that had the butchers on Rock St?

I'm not.so.sure, his van has castlegregory on the side

I'm not.so.sure, his van has castlegregory on the side

Cheers. Turns out it was another guy, David Healy, that I was thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Up the Kingdom!

That was some game.

Up the Kingdom!

That was some game.

it was unreal! I was there myself, first time in ages being at a Kerry game!
    I was just watching some youtube footage of the brawl towards the end, where the man came on the pitch & had to be dragged off! I couldn't see properly what was going on. I didn't even see that one of the Kerry players, Declan O'Sullivan I think, was getting very heated with the Mayo manager! it was so tense!!! My God we did it though, fair play to them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

it was unreal! I was there myself, first time in ages being at a Kerry game!
    I was just watching some youtube footage of the brawl towards the end, where the man came on the pitch & had to be dragged off! I couldn't see properly what was going on. I didn't even see that one of the Kerry players, Declan O'Sullivan I think, was getting very heated with the Mayo manager! it was so tense!!! My God we did it though, fair play to them!

It looked like there was a guard pushed over by a Mayo fan trying to attack the ref!

It looked like there was a guard pushed over by a Mayo fan trying to attack the ref!

that was a separate incident again!! lol

that place that is opening in the old Castle off licence unit on Castle street seems to be slow to open! I see they are doing work in there, but not sure yet what it is going in. Although someone mentioned it might be another take-away & I have a feeling based on the equipment I could see in there that it could well be.

I thought the council weren't allowing anymore take-aways to open on Castle street?

that place that is opening in the old Castle off licence unit on Castle street seems to be slow to open! I see they are doing work in there, but not sure yet what it is going in. Although someone mentioned it might be another take-away & I have a feeling based on the equipment I could see in there that it could well be.

I thought the council weren't allowing anymore take-aways to open on Castle street?

I haven't seen any planning permission signage, would they not have to apply for that as it's not a business that has existed on the premises before?

I haven't seen any planning permission signage, would they not have to apply for that as it's not a business that has existed on the premises before?

I would have thought so! I don't know what it was before the off-licence, but I think it was a pub at some point before that!

B Mobile are doing good prices on iphone & ipad screen repairs, see their FB page. There's also a competition for a free repair!
    https://www.facebook.com/bmobiletralee?fref=ts

I cannot recollect any planning permission for such a change of use!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That whole southern strip from Moyderwell corner down to Benners seems to be a collection of chippers and takeaways... surely that area is over supplied at this stage?

Funny, I'd never think of any of those food outlets up there when going for post pub grub even if I'm coming out of pubs in that vicinity...I always seem to venture down to Hillbillys/Abra/NewYorkers/that end of town.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    That whole southern strip from Moyderwell corner down to Benners seems to be a collection of chippers and takeaways... surely that area is over supplied at this stage?

Funny, I'd never think of any of those food outlets up there when going for post pub grub even if I'm coming out of pubs in that vicinity...I always seem to venture down to Hillbillys/Abra/NewYorkers/that end of town.

Kaleli & Raja's baby!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Nothing beats a Raja's Kebab after a few pints :)

The bookies Bet Pal has closed now too

That's closed since last week I believe, I think the ink cartridge refill place beside the Brogue is shut too

Is that the one in the old William Hill on Castle St?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

also another positive news story - will be nice for visitors to have a good visual first impression of Tralee...even if they are only bypassing it!!!:)

From Tralee Chamber Alliance's Facebook page:

Tralee Chamber Alliance, Tralee Hoteliers Alliance and Kerry County Council have joined forces in investing over €10,000 to transform the appearance of five roundabouts on the Tralee By-Pass & Ring-Road.

In-keeping with the overall long-term plan to foster pride in the town, TCA and eight hotels – Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Ballyseede Castle Hotel, Ballyroe Heights Hotel, Fels Point Hotel, Grand Hotel, Imperial Hotel, Manor West Hotel and Meadowlands Hotels - raised the money to landscape the five roundabouts along the new road.

John O’Connor of Acorn Landscaping planted 3,000 flowers and shrubs on the five roundabouts with a consistent theme of comprising Roses on the outer ring and Lavender & Portuguese Laurel on the inner ring.

The President of TCA, Padraig McGillicuddy, said: "Tralee is well on its way to once again becoming the leading town & capital of Kerry, we have so much to offer from a tourism, retail & business perspective.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Anyone know what sort of opening hours Dorringtons keep? Have called a few times with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

phormium wrote: »
    Anyone know what sort of opening hours Dorringtons keep? Have called a few times with no success.

I found it was just by pure stroke of luck you would find the place open :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Lots of guard activity at the forge cross roundabout tonight, 2 squad cars and a unmarked car, seemed to have pulled over a car full of young fellas, they were putting the driver into the squad car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement