Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    why didn't anyone organise it?? They organised it for an Ireland soccer match a couple of years ago, so why not an All-Ireland!?? :confused:

Because it was an almighty flop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Because it was an almighty flop

might have been a better turn out for this though! I know where I'd rather be though, Croker! sickened I'm not up at it! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Come on the Kingdom!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Come on the Kingdom!!!!

wohooooo!!!! Ciarrai Abu!!!

Delighted!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yeah - great win - record 37th!!

I read that the Odeon cinema chain were showing the All Ireland at their cinemas nationwide (after the success of doing the same with the hurling a couple of weeks ago). That would have been a good idea for Omniplex to do also as not everyone might be fans of bars and they still would be able to soak up a crowd atmosphere. Maybe for the 38th win next year!! :D

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Yeah - great win - record 37th!!

I read that the Odeon cinema chain were showing the All Ireland at their cinemas nationwide (after the success of doing the same with the hurling a couple of weeks ago). That would have been a good idea for Omniplex to do also as not everyone might be fans of bars and they still would be able to soak up a crowd atmosphere. Maybe for the 38th win next year!! :D

Cinema is closed at the moment, don't think they would enjoy having grown men bouncing up & down on their seats:
    :)

yeah the cinema is closed for a week for some upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What time are the teams due in Tralee?

not sure, sometime after 6, but it could be nearer 7pm, just depends on them being delayed in Rathmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

not sure, sometime after 6, but it could be nearer 7pm, just depends on them being delayed in Rathmore.

Was checking the TV earlier that Irish TV channel on Sky has a programme on at 9,Mad For Sam,must be showing a bit of the homecoming

Channel number is 191

• Advertisement

Denny street is closed to traffic to make preparations for the teams homecoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Train due in at 6.10pm, down in Denny St for 6.30pm via Austin Stack Park and Boherbee

they were late getting into the station, so it was about 7pm before they made their way down the town. I was only in Boherbee, but I heard there was a great crowd in Denny Street. Great atmosphere I'd say, wish I could have gone down but I had to work :(

does anyone know where I can get a power washer hose repaired? I was using my dad's one at the weekend and the hose split and burst open (soaking me in the process! lol). Just wondering where might repair them or replace the actual hose?

was trying to get our driveway etc all power washed before the water meters kick in & start charging us for the privilege! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

does anyone know where I can get a power washer hose repaired? I was using my dad's one at the weekend and the hose split and burst open (soaking me in the process! lol). Just wondering where might repair them or replace the actual hose?

was trying to get our driveway etc all power washed before the water meters kick in & start charging us for the privilege! lol

Agri Auto Parts do hydronic hoses anyway so they may do pressure washer hoses too? Worth a ring anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Kingdom motor factors do industrial supplies as well. Might be worth a shot.

Cheers for that! I hope it's not expensive!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Damokc wrote: »
    Agri Auto Parts do hydronic hoses anyway so they may do pressure washer hoses too? Worth a ring anyway.

At the top of the rock near Cremur is where we got it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

KK Hydraulics at Connolly Park entrance do all hoses

KK Hydraulics at Connolly Park entrance do all hoses

great, thanks!

• Advertisement

that shop on Castle street (old off-licence unit) has its sign up and called it 'Kerry Spice' :)

that shop on Castle street (old off-licence unit) has its sign up and called it 'Kerry Spice' :)

Yeah, it's a Bangladeshi shop, so maybe a little different to what's already on castle st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Do you have a meter installed already? None up my area. They were installing close to me about a year ago then they seemed to have disappeared down some blackhole or something.....

kn wrote: »
    Do you have a meter installed already? None up my area. They were installing close to me about a year ago then they seemed to have disappeared down some blackhole or something.....

Yeah, mine was installed in October last year. But I know they ran into a lot of problems in some estates, with badly laid pipes & ESB lines. They had to abandon some jobs, but they are coming back to those. They were back in our estate a couple of weeks ago doing some more meters, and I noticed they still have a few more to do. Our particular property caused them loads of problems. The guy I spoke to at the time said the estates that were built during the early 2000's in the 'boom' seem to be the worst. Just thrown up and pipes not dug deep enough etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Any asian food stores around town? Want to get some coconut oil and its usually a hell of a lot cheaper in these shops.

mullyboyee wrote: »
    Any asian food stores around town? Want to get some coconut oil and its usually a hell of a lot cheaper in these shops.

In Castle street, there are now 3 shops! A1 Superstore (just on the junction of Moyderwell/Castle St. Kerry Spice, which is just opened, and is opposite Hennessy's bar in Castle Street. And Yusof Spice, which is down towards town centre, sort of opposite Permanent TSB (blue shopfront).

A nice new shop has opened in the Square, next to Benneton, called 'Inspired'. It appears to be a sort of handbags/accessories & gifts shop. Best of luck to them :)

A nice new shop has opened in the Square, next to Benneton, called 'Inspired'. It appears to be a sort of handbags/accessories & gifts shop. Best of luck to them :)

Yep, wish Sinéad all the best & much success fir the future

did anyone notice one of the traffic lights at the junction between Killeen road & Oakpark (near the spar shop). It looks like someone must have smashed straight into it during the week! The pole is bent & the actual traffic lights are gone off it! That junction is lethal lately. I'm not surprised if there was an accident as I've seen at least 3 different cars drive straight through their red light in the past couple of weeks! Scary stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

did anyone notice one of the traffic lights at the junction between Killeen road & Oakpark (near the spar shop). It looks like someone must have smashed straight into it during the week! The pole is bent & the actual traffic lights are gone off it! That junction is lethal lately. I'm not surprised if there was an accident as I've seen at least 3 different cars drive straight through their red light in the past couple of weeks! Scary stuff!

Someone drove straight over one of the roundabouts on the bypass last week aswell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement