Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There's are better beers which are actually brewed a few miles beyond Dingle by Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne. I haven't seen it on sale anywhere in Tralee apart from the Castle off-license.

yeah, that's the only Tralee store selling it. They are a tiny tiny tiny brewery, literally a little shed! They can't keep up with demand at times!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Looks like Fels Point may be up for sale again!

http://traleetoday.ie/nama-may-sell-fels-point-hotel-going-concern/

Kerry County Council just tweeted this notice:

Roadworks taking place along by Ballymullen Army Barracks, Tralee tomorrow, Thursday from 7am to 6pm. Traffic Delays. Avoid if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just an observation but I was walking around Oakpark this morning for the first time in years (specifically I was walking from the college pedestrian access way to the Meadowlands Hotel). I managed to get lost on a couple of occasions on my way back so I went up a couple of dead ends as well. What struck me is how relatively run-down that part of Oakpark seems to be since I last walked that way a few years ago for an area that was not so many moons ago regarded as the premier middle-class area of Tralee it looked shabby in parts with clearly unoccupied/unkempt houses also a feature. It was generally run down from say a decade ago for sure. Is it full of rented accommodation these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I see that the rowing club are building a permanent clubhouse structure instead of the container which is great for them. They must be very annoyed at whoever is responsible for letting the canal silt up again. Whoever's in charge of it should be strung up in the square. It's worse now than when I was a kid 30 years ago, an absolute eyesore at low tide and smells foul. How they let one of the town's best features get like that is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I see that the rowing club are building a permanent clubhouse structure instead of the container which is great for them. They must be very annoyed at whoever is responsible for letting the canal silt up again. Whoever's in charge of it should be strung up in the square. It's worse now than when I was a kid 30 years ago, an absolute eyesore at low tide and smells foul. How they let one of the town's best features get like that is beyond me.

Not only that the lock gates are also broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Its been horrible for a while now too. I used to live on Strand street and even at that distance I could smell it most mornings. Its slowly returning back to the way it was years ago. Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Strange request- have a mountain of coins and am too lazy to count them so wondering if anyone knows if there's any coin counting machines in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Strange request- have a mountain of coins and am too lazy to count them so wondering if anyone knows if there's any coin counting machines in Tralee?

There was one in Garvey's Rock St,haven't been in there for a while but it's probably still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Those machines often take a very hefty commission just so you're aware.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I wouldn't use those coin machines, they'll charge you 10% of your savings. I'd get in contact with Brosnon Amusements, and see if they'd take it off you.

might just be better to count it yourself! Get some money bags from the bank & lodge it into your account directly. Just make sure the bags are filled to the amounts shown on the bags (eg €1 = €25, 1c = €1..) & no mixed coin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

The machine in Garveys is working, chuck the coins in h bring the ticket to the customer service desk, there is a 10% charge though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Thanks for all the advice, don't think I have the patience to count it so I'll take the 10% hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Thanks for all the advice, don't think I have the patience to count it so I'll take the 10% hit!
    Your local or even any shop would be delighted to take it off you, with the exception of the shrapnel, as banks charge them something like 6% for change.

So Garvey's actually end up getting a circa 16% benefit, less costs of the machine, if they had to go to their bank for the change.

kn wrote: »
    Your local or even any shop would be delighted to take it off you, with the exception of the shrapnel, as banks charge them something like 6% for change.

So Garvey's actually end up getting a circa 16% benefit, less costs of the machine, if they had to go to their bank for the change.

just to note, shops are under no obligation to take a lot of coin off you. Plus they may want to check its all right and not have time to count it, so don't get offended if a shop declines!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    just to note, shops are under no obligation to take a lot of coin off you. Plus they may want to check its all right and not have time to count it, so don't get offended if a shop declines!

Or plain and simple, tell you to piss off out the door ;)

"Give us 6 cans of Rosies Dew and take it out of my coffee cup full of coppers"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Nicholas Roche (cyclist who has just signed for the Sky team) is in Tralee tomorrow night. In the Carlton hotel at 7pm. 10 euro to go in. Q and A, autograph, pictures etc.

unkymo wrote: »
    Nicholas Roche (cyclist who has just signed for the Sky team) is in Tralee tomorrow night. In the Carlton hotel at 7pm. 10 euro to go in. Q and A, autograph, pictures etc.

A tenner to meet a glorified domestique? A bit saucy isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

And boring as hell to listen to aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

The money raised is going to the Donal Walsh foundation. He's just joined the biggest team in the cycling world a few days ago. What else would ye be doing on a Monday night in Tralee?

unkymo wrote: »
    The money raised is going to the Donal Walsh foundation. He's just joined the biggest team in the cycling world a few days ago. What else would ye be doing on a Monday night in Tralee?

Washing my hair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Because you could only learn from the top GC contenders? smile.png

A guy who can only come 5th in the Vuelta has nothing to offer you.

Because you could only learn from the top GC contenders? smile.png

A guy who can only come 5th in the Vuelta has nothing to offer you.

Ah, won't get into it as this belongs in a different forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

New Christmas shop opening up in the Horan centre

"Winters Display" its called,been managed by Orlagh Winters.

http://traleetoday.ie/winters-coming-orlagh-opens-christmas-display-company-horan-centre/

New Christmas shop opening up in the Horan centre

"Winters Display" its called,been managed by Orlagh Winters.

http://traleetoday.ie/winters-coming-orlagh-opens-christmas-display-company-horan-centre/

Yeah saw that she was opening it. She runs 'An Teach Beag' and her husband runs The Blasket. I have to pop in at some stage, although I'd leave it a while as I'm not a fan of seeing Christmas stock this early! It's not even Halloween yet!! :rolleyes:

So what's been happening in Tralee? I'm on me hols so just logging on by the pool to see how things are going! I hear the weather is fairly crap! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

KERRY to FARO Ryanair flights in 2015.

Next year are on Tuesdays and Saturdays (a change from Thurs & Mon.)

Later departures from Kerry at 17.15 will arrive at 19.55 into Faro.
    Afternoon departures from Faro at 14.10 will arrive back in Kerry at 16.50.

Your 4 night stay will now be mid-week as opposed to a long w/end stay.
    Saturday to Saturday stays may be busy.

Now taking bookings for June & July only.

Read about it in the Kerryman / Kerry's Eye shortly.

• Advertisement

town clubs coming together to voice their concerns on how few games are on in the Austin Stack Park. Thankfully there is one on tomorrow with the Stacks playing in the semi-final of the county championship!

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/tralee-losing-gaa-fixtures-to-killarney-30641343.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement