Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

They don't have much of a leg to stand on
    it's run down, parking is diabolical, and it holds less than half of the capacity of Fitzgerald Stadium.
    There isnt any room for development as such, can't see the GAA pumping too much money into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

They don't have much of a leg to stand on
    it's run down, parking is diabolical, and it holds less than half of the capacity of Fitzgerald Stadium.
    There isnt any room for development as such, can't see the GAA pumping too much money into it

Of course it was left to rack and ruin for year's in advance of the proposed move to Ballybeggan that never came off. There is literally no prospect of that development ever coming off in our lifetime's as Tralee has a massive excess of retail space with no need for a new shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

It is time Austin Stack Park got a bit of a face lift it was 1991 when it was last done up and the press box was added after,its getting very rough looking,

The floodlights are very poor quality and can see why the Kerry team dont play too many night games during the national league.

Tralee needs games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Stacks are through to the county championship final!! They will play mid-Kerry in 2 weeks, venue TBC. Wonder where it will be!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It is time Austin Stack Park got a bit of a face lift it was 1991 when it was last done up and the press box was added after,its getting very rough looking,

The floodlights are very poor quality and can see why the Kerry team dont play too many night games during the national league.

Tralee needs games.

It is a waste just being let run down.

What is happening with the bit of land next to Aldi, it was part of the Mitchell's pitch, but has just been left idle. Will they expand their car park or could the stacks park expand into it? Just wondering as it's been like that since Aldi opened last year.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It is a waste just being let run down.

What is happening with the bit of land next to Aldi, it was part of the Mitchell's pitch, but has just been left idle. Will they expand their car park or could the stacks park expand into it? Just wondering as it's been like that since Aldi opened last year.

Ya thats been left idle and is all over grown now and looks hopeless with the damaged site fencing,god only knows how that is staying up.

Aldi own it and have no plans to develop it as if yet

Watch out the Rockies are on the march

Watch out the Rockies are on the march

oh 2 oh 2 be oh 2 be a Rocky!! ;)

looking forward to the final :)

I hope its on in Tralee there would be a good buzz around town after the game if the Stacks win it.

• Advertisement

I hope its on in Tralee there would be a good buzz around town after the game if the Stacks win it.

fingers crossed! I'd say the clubhouse is buzzing tonight too! :)

fingers crossed! I'd say the clubhouse is buzzing tonight too! :)

Probably is,could be a few sore heads around tomorrow.

The stacks have been trying to win this now for a while,just been unlucky that the Crokes have been outstanding,they have kept at it though,

I suppose if you keep knocking on the door,that door will open at some stage

Could be the Stacks year.

Probably is,could be a few sore heads around tomorrow.

The stacks have been trying to win this now for a while,just been unlucky that the Crokes have been outstanding,they have kept at it though,

I suppose if you keep knocking on the door,that door will open at some stage

Could be the Stacks year.

I hope so!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

I'd love to see the Stacks win too,but I really hope the game is played in Fitzgerald Stadium and not that dump Stacks Park! Today was a disaster there. You couldn't go through the stiles as usual but had to first queue up for at least 20 mins to buy your ticket from a van and then queue again to go through the stiles. The two vans were parked side by side and the queues were really crazy with loads of people hopping mad.The whole thing delayed the throw in of the first match. If they must have tickets,why not sell them in advance! Fitzgerald stadium is a much more professional set up and that's where a final deserves to be played.

acequion wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Stacks win too,but I really hope the game is played in Fitzgerald Stadium and not that dump Stacks Park! Today was a disaster there. You couldn't go through the stiles as usual but had to first queue up for at least 20 mins to buy your ticket from a van and then queue again to go through the stiles. The two vans were parked side by side and the queues were really crazy with loads of people hopping mad.The whole thing delayed the throw in of the first match. If they must have tickets,why not sell them in advance! Fitzgerald stadium is a much more professional set up and that's where a final deserves to be played.

I didn't go to the match but I did hear it was delayed because of the crowd congestion with the ticket sales!

I didn't go to the match...because Stacks were playing :)

I didn't go to the match...because Stacks were playing :)

I didn't go because I just got back from my hols! ;) will be at the final though...go on the Rock!!

I didn't go because I just got back from my hols! ;) will be at the final though...go on the Rock!!

Del give you a spin on his boat?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

A word of warning to anybody (especially with kids) shopping in Manor West. And its not Manor West's fault before I start, just the utter incompetence and lack of knowledge a lot of drivers display in this county.

3 times in the space of 10 minutes last Thursday evening I was in the process of crossing two different pedestrian crossings (one on the road near the Lifestyle entrance, the other in the car park area) and cars (and a van) drove straight through. I had my young daughter with me and just as well I was holding her hand. And its not as if the road markings are faded - they were recently re-painted - and it was a lovely evening so visibility was not an issue.

So watch out using these crossings because a lot of drivers obviously don't know what they are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

oh 2 oh 2 be oh 2 be a Rocky!! ;)

looking forward to the final :)

It was very funny to see most of the Stacks "fans" on the terrace leave as soon as the first game was finished. Definitely Rent-A-Crowd, not football supporters anyway if they couldn't even be bothered watching a county semi final:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    A word of warning to anybody (especially with kids) shopping in Manor West. And its not Manor West's fault before I start, just the utter incompetence and lack of knowledge a lot of drivers display in this county.

3 times in the space of 10 minutes last Thursday evening I was in the process of crossing two different pedestrian crossings (one on the road near the Lifestyle entrance, the other in the car park area) and cars (and a van) drove straight through. I had my young daughter with me and just as well I was holding her hand. And its not as if the road markings are faded - they were recently re-painted - and it was a lovely evening so visibility was not an issue.

So watch out using these crossings because a lot of drivers obviously don't know what they are there for.

I noticed this, no one seems to realise you need to slow down in Manor west or that they are even pedestrian crossing! That and the constant double parking along the outside of the shopping centre! Makes coming out of each carpark kind of tricky at times....well when driving a van it does!

BPKS wrote: »
    It was very funny to see most of the Stacks "fans" on the terrace leave as soon as the first game was finished. Definitely Rent-A-Crowd, not football supporters anyway if they couldn't even be bothered watching a county semi final:rolleyes:

I know a lot of people who stayed on, my father stayed too. I guess the pub was calling for many of them! lol
    I suppose if your team isn't playing, many don't see the point in staying around for another match!?

Can anyone recommend a web developer in Tralee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Hi I'm thinking of heading down before christmas. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice, probably a hotel, near the bus station? . And is there much to do there at this time of year?. Any nice Galleries or museums?

Thanks

Sarah :)

County Final confirmed for Tralee,looking forward to it,

There wont be a cat or a dog fed in Connolly Park for a week if the Stacks win :D

County Final confirmed for Tralee,looking forward to it,

There wont be a cat or a dog fed in Connolly Park for a week if the Stacks win :D

Great news!!! there will be a great atmosphere! bring on the parade through town! ;)

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of heading down before christmas. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice, probably a hotel, near the bus station? . And is there much to do there at this time of year?. Any nice Galleries or museums?

Thanks

Hi Sarah,
    I moved this into the Tralee thread where you will get lots of advice! MOD

Spirogyra wrote: »

Thanks

The bus station isn't too far from the town centre, so you are within walking distance. The nearest hotels would be in Denny street, which is right in the town centre. They are The Grand Hotel or the Imperial Hotel. You could walk to them in about 5 minutes! There is also a B&B on Denny Street, I can't think of the name at the moment though!
    There is also the Brandon Hotel, which is a bit further up the road from Denny Street, but not far!

There is a museum on Denny Street too, which is really good! Plenty to do in Tralee, you won't be bored :)

Don't forget Siamsa Tire near the County Museum, there are plays and Art exhibitions on there

http://www.siamsatire.com/

Also have the Tralee Wetlands,

http://www.traleebaywetlands.org/

Then you a wide choice of coffee shops and places to eat around the town centre

Few good choices of pubs as well that at the weekends will have live music on.

• Advertisement

Kerry county museum are transforming the medieval experience into a haunted hall for the next few weeks!
    http://traleetoday.ie/frights-store-kids-haunted-hall/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement