Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Oh I am not worked up at all Michael !

I have no difficulty with people exercising their democratic rights whatsoever.

Indeed I have no issue with paying for water either. Very simple , pay for the services .

If people don't want to pay for services, they need not avail of them. People have a choice !!!

I understood that we paid our taxes(too many to mention)to fund the essential services of the state.If provision of water is not an essential service then what is ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Not any more, and you know that ;)

no I don't know that!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ahem ! I think you are splitting hairs now.

As a business person you know if your customers don't pay , they don't get any goods.

If people don't pay for water now, they can expect to go thirsty!!!:)

right I'm putting a stop to this now as its just going nowhere. Please drop this discussion as its nothing to do with this forum. MOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I understood that we paid our taxes(too many to mention)to fund the essential services of the state.If provision of water is not an essential service then what is ?

Electricity is an essential utility also and we pay for it!

What is needed is a change of mindset . Utilities have to be paid for.

There are people with mobile phones and Sky TV , yet they will have an issue over paying for water ????

How much will water cost the average household per annum. ???

Electricity is an essential utility also and we pay for it!

What is needed is a change of mindset . Utilities have to be paid for.

There are people with mobile phones and Sky TV , yet they will have an issue over paying for water ????

How much will water cost the average household per annum. ???

Can you please stop this discussion now. I have already said that I merely notified people of a protest march & now it has gone into a discussion which belongs in a different forum. Please do not comment on it any further. MOD

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    right I'm putting a stop to this now as its just going nowhere. Please drop this discussion as its nothing to do with this forum. MOD

MOD, you are correct. I suggested we move on already this pm.

The subject should never have been in the Tralee thread !!!!

MOD, you are correct. I suggested we move on already this pm.

The subject should never have been in the Tralee thread !!!!

nothing wrong with mentioning protest marches, anyone could have done the same.

nothing wrong with mentioning protest marches, anyone could have done the same.

We shall agree to disagree .

Were you at the match this pm.?

Where & when is the replay ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Look at you Del mixing it up reminds me of your old adversary😀

Lisha wrote: »
    I was only half watching so I can't be sure but full time seemed to be called exactly on the button? I thought there was a few more mins in it. (Its a pity my Irish isn't goid enough for me to have the volume turned up!)

Yeah a few around me were saying the whistle was blown before extra time was finished! Stacks missed a vital point just before the whistle too! we have to go again next Sunday! The stress levels can't take it LOL

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    Look at you Del mixing it up reminds me of your old adversary😀

Eh ???????

Delighted to report that ground works are rapidly advancing.

Perhaps we will be watching cricket in Spa next summer. :)

Yeah a few around me were saying the whistle was blown before extra time was finished! Stacks missed a vital point just before the whistle too! we have to go again next Sunday! The stress levels can't take it LOL

A draw was a fair result. Plenty of excitement again next Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My husband reckoned it was just short of full time too . Best of luck in the replay :)

Eh ???????

Sorry Del, punctuation was sadly lacking.
    The debate last night reminded me of an old antagonist of yours, Mr. 34, and his contrarian nature.

Lisha wrote: »
    My husband reckoned it was just short of full time too . Best of luck in the replay :)

My father was not happy!! his blood pressure was through the roof as it was LOL :D

Hopefully its on in Tralee again on Sunday, we will find out tonight after the county board meeting.

Sorry Del, punctuation was sadly lacking.
    The debate last night reminded me of an old antagonist of yours, Mr. 34, and his contrarian nature.

LOL .......... are you suggesting that I am becoming contrary in my old age ?:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

3 or 4 times the crowd for the protest the day previous......

:)

LOL .......... are you suggesting that I am becoming contrary in my old age ?:D:D

Quite the contrary.

• Advertisement

So, I went to the museum in Ashe street today, they've turned the Geraldine experience into a Halloween haunted walk, lots of dark lighting, ghosts, ghoul's and clowns.... It did this old mans heart good to see so many boys and girls come out crying and screaming in terror
    :);)

Stack's V Mid Kerry county championship final replay will be in Killarney next Sunday at 2.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Stack's V Mid Kerry county championship final replay will be in Killarney next Sunday at 2.45pm

Booooooo to that,should be on in Tralee.

Booooooo to that,should be on in Tralee.

Yeah I think so too! I don't think they will fill Fitzgerald stadium. I thought €15 for a ticket in yesterday was a bit pricey, is it always that much? will it be the same price in Killarney?

Yeah I think so too! I don't think they will fill Fitzgerald stadium. I thought €15 for a ticket in yesterday was a bit pricey, is it always that much? will it be the same price in Killarney?

€ 15 seems pretty standard these days, imho. However Killarney will probably charge €20;) Only joking !

I guess the crowd capacity in Fitzgerald Stadium is considerably greater and as it is a County final replay perhaps many neutrals will wish to see the game .It is perhaps fair to give Killarney a turn too. :)

Quite the contrary.

Phew ! Thank you :):)

3 or 4 times the crowd for the protest the day previous......

:)

True indeed !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

€ 15 seems pretty standard these days, imho. However Killarney will probably charge €20;) Only joking !

I guess the crowd capacity in Fitzgerald Stadium is considerably greater and as it is a County final replay perhaps many neutrals will wish to see the game .It is perhaps fair to give Killarney a turn too. :)
    Phew ! Thank you :):)
    True indeed !;)

There is such a thing as multi-quoting you know.

Adiboo wrote: »

Sir, you are quite correct !:)

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »

But it's soooo passé dontcha know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement