Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

kn wrote: »
    It would seem that the aircraft pilots flying over Tralee forgot to release their Chemtrails with all the craziness that went on in Tralee last Tuesday. The Guards must have not known where to turn.

Probably turned to drink I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I know,more info here on the latest attempt

Warning!!!

Includes a map of the lay out

http://traleetoday.ie/shape-things-come-tralee/

Looking at the map, it looks like it runs straight down the Oakpark road. That road is busy & narrow enough between Meadowlands & Oaklands shop & also pretty busy around Spar shop & McElligotts. Not sure how they're going to fit a cycleway. If its just a painted line on the road, residents will just park in it. Am I missing something on the map?.

T.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

TigerTim wrote: »
    Looking at the map, it looks like it runs straight down the Oakpark road. That road is busy & narrow enough between Meadowlands & Oaklands shop & also pretty busy around Spar shop & McElligotts. Not sure how they're going to fit a cycleway. If its just a painted line on the road, residents will just park in it. Am I missing something on the map?.

T.

that's true, how are they going to have a cycle lane when all the cars are parked along that road for the terrace houses? People in this town just park on existing cycle lanes as it is! (as well as double yellows, yellow boxes etc etc! lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

T.

I know ya,the lad on the radio said the cycle lanes would be kept clear,

Maybe thay will get everyone to park their cars and they will paint the line around the cars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah,we're nearly an island,things like that are allowed :)

• Advertisement

Anyone else see the list of monies received by TD's from expenses claimed?
    .http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/sinn-fein-td-claims-highest-amount-of-expenses-allowance-payments-in-kerry-since-2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

Repair cafe Tralee: Saturday 29th November 11am to 2pm at The Allotments, Deans Lane, Moyderwell, Tralee

What is a repair cafe?
    Repair Cafes are free community events where people are invited to bring down things they have that are broken to be repaired, alongside expert volunteers, in a cafe environment. The Cafes aim to encourage people to think about their relationship with the items they own and to empower people to repair things themselves.

Can't post a link, apparently I'm a new user.

You need to have in excess of 50 posts, otherwise you are classed as a new user...no matter how long you've been here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Send me a PM (private message) with the link. I will post it for you IF your not able.

here, for anyone that wants some info
    http://www.repaircafe.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Another win for the Stacks today! through to the Munster club final :) go on the Rockies!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Another win for the Stacks today! through to the Munster club final :) go on the Rockies!!

Wasn't it a draw?

Wasn't it a draw?

it went to extra time! its just finished, they won by 3 points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

it went to extra time! its just finished, they won by 3 points

Ah b***x. Only watched the first 60 mins. Thought it was going to a replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Lying on the canal bank...

In addition to the other 4 gates from when the lock was restored in the '80s !
    Quackster wrote: »
    The outer gates, jammed open since the winter storms, have indeed been repaired and are now able to open and close again.

The inner gates, which suffered the more severe damage and one of which remains removed and lying on the canal bank, have not and will not be repaired as there's no economic case for doing so in the absence of any traffic entering and leaving the canal.

The one set of gates is all that's needed to maintain the level of water in the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ya it looks like it is going to be a painted line and not a cycleway, there is more details on the funding application

There is a couple of options in the document but which ever way some residents are not going to be happy.
    People in this town just park on existing cycle lanes as it is!

To be fair at least they are being realistic with the 'artists impression' of the new lanes, all the car showing are liable to penalty points :)

TRALEE-cycle-lanes-640x382.jpg

I know ya,the lad on the radio said the cycle lanes would be kept clear,

I presume he was referring to the current cycle tracks, and not just this new one

kingdumb wrote: »
    Ya it looks like it is going to be a painted line and not a cycleway, there is more details on the funding application

There is a couple of options in the document but which ever way some residents are not going to be happy.

To be fair at least they are being realistic with the 'artists impression' of the new lanes, all the car showing are liable to penalty points :)

TRALEE-cycle-lanes-640x382.jpg

I presume he was referring to the current cycle tracks, and not just this new one

there are going to be very few parking spaces in Denny Street, wonder how that will affect people wanting to come into town? I know they can use the multi-story etc, but many like to street park, so it might put people off? not sure, but cutting so many spaces may not be a good thing. I know people who work in offices on Denny St are kinda peeved. Plus the likes of the Grand & the Imperial hotel who don't have their own car parks, will find it a loss for their guests.
    It does make sense to have Denny street back to two way traffic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Parking on Denny st is ridiculous most of the time anyway.
    It would be no harm to do away with it totally.

I was in Ballyseedy Garden centre today for the first time in a couple of months and saw that Seancara are gone from there! They have now extended the cafe seating over to where Seancara used to be.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Parking on Denny st is ridiculous most of the time anyway.
    It would be no harm to do away with it totally.

Agreed, if those that work on Denny St think they have some justifiable right to street parking outside, they're in need of a massive reality check. The massively underused Parklands underground car park is only a short walk away and they offer an all-day parking rate. It should be the default car park for workers in the town centre.

The areas outside the Grand and Imperial should be reserved as set-down space for guests to give them a chance to unload before going to find parking elsewhere.

• Advertisement

good to see the old Lee Records unit getting a facelift! There's a new shop front gone in over the weekend. They have gutted the inside of it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I was in Ballyseedy Garden centre today for the first time in a couple of months and saw that Seancara are gone from there! They have now extended the cafe seating over to where Seancara used to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cafe was their biggest revenue earner as it always seems busy so it probably makes sense to expand that even if it means sacrificing a lesser earning section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

According to Radio Kerry a barman in Hennessy's was assaulted last Tuesday morning as well. What was in the air last Tuesday FFS!!

According to Radio Kerry a barman in Hennessy's was assaulted last Tuesday morning as well. What was in the air last Tuesday FFS!!

It was actually the owner who was assaulted.

and I think that happened a couple of weeks ago, not last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

I heard that the owner of the Ballymac bar was assaulted by the same man on the same night, apparently the man had been barred from both pubs ( and if he wasn't, he is now )

tfer wrote: »
    I heard that the owner of the Ballymac bar was assaulted by the same man on the same night, apparently the man had been barred from both pubs ( and if he wasn't, he is now )

that's exactly what I heard too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Apart from the garish red stripes, that is a really impressive picture of Denny Street. It really is Tralee's finest street.

Regarding cycling in general, there is definitely a cultural change towards cycling. Living in Dublin, the Dublin bikes scheme and the 100s of kms of new cycle tracks has transformed people's attitude to cycling. At evening rush hour it's sometimes like Amsterdam trying to navigate the streets with so many cycling commuters. Build it and they will come! I think people who previously wouldn't consider cycling in Tralee may come round once this new infrastructure is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tony or Ger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

ongarboy wrote: »
    Apart from the garish red stripes, that is a really impressive picture of Denny Street. It really is Tralee's finest street.

Regarding cycling in general, there is definitely a cultural change towards cycling. Living in Dublin, the Dublin bikes scheme and the 100s of kms of new cycle tracks has transformed people's attitude to cycling. At evening rush hour it's sometimes like Amsterdam trying to navigate the streets with so many cycling commuters. Build it and they will come! I think people who previously wouldn't consider cycling in Tralee may come round once this new infrastructure is in place.

Theres still nowhere safe to park your bike though. I personally know of a guy who had his bike robbed from the bike shed near Tesco and that is supposed to be covered by CCTV. Bring back chaining them to the railings of the gard's station!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement