Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Theres still nowhere safe to park your bike though. I personally know of a guy who had his bike robbed from the bike shed near Tesco and that is supposed to be covered by CCTV. Bring back chaining them to the railings of the gard's station!

Thats an idea,if this everyone on bikes takes off

A secure place for people to leave their bikes while they are at work or shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Can anyone tell me what happened the reviews of the pubs and nightclubs of Tralee on this thread? It was from a few years ago, I searched for it recently and it appears to have disappeared. Maybe the Mods have access to it in the old Tralee thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Theres still nowhere safe to park your bike though. I personally know of a guy who had his bike robbed from the bike shed near Tesco and that is supposed to be covered by CCTV. Bring back chaining them to the railings of the gard's station!

The thieves?

Great idea!

Can anyone tell me what happened the reviews of the pubs and nightclubs of Tralee on this thread? It was from a few years ago, I searched for it recently and it appears to have disappeared. Maybe the Mods have access to it in the old Tralee thread?

There was pile of posts lost there a while back

Maybe its time for a new review?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There was pile of posts lost there a while back

Maybe its time for a new review?

I don't know where it is gone, but I'll Set up a new thread separate to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't know where it is gone, but I'll Set up a new thread separate to this one.

Isn't the old thread stored on the server somewhere?

I don't know sorry! I don't think I'd have access to it. I'll ask other mods but there's no harm setting up a new thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Similar story at Manor, Bike locked securely in bike park near Debenhams,Unable to rob bike so robbed front wheel instead,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

One of the mods said it was all lost when they were trying to clean it up.

• Advertisement

Just heard that there was a woman knocked down & killed up in manor shopping centre :(
    RIP to her, awful news

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Just heard that there was a woman knocked down & killed up in manor shopping centre :(
    RIP to her, awful news

I posted on here a month ago about an experience I had with one of my kids in Manor - if I didnt have my wits about me we could have been knocked down on 3 occasions in the space of 5 minutes on the pedestrian crossings.

Terrible, horrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

BPKS wrote: »
    I posted on here a month ago about an experience I had with one of my kids in Manor - if I didnt have my wits about me we could have been knocked down on 3 occasions in the space of 5 minutes on the pedestrian crossings.

Just hearing it on the 9 o'clock news now - how awful and RIP. I had to ring my mom and sisters to make sure they were ok as they are alway up there. Sends a chill down my spine!

Shocking news RIP

BPKS wrote: »

I remember you posting that. I just wish drivers would start to slow down, and have some patience!

We were driving to work this morning, a guy almost pulled out in front of us as he wasn't paying attention. He then was coming down behind us, and almost drove straight into the back of us when we were indicating to turn & slowing down. The guy just was not paying attention! I used to love driving, I would go out in the car for no reason! But in the past few years, I've become very intolerant of bad driving and I'm quite nervous behind the wheel....and as a pedestrian! A car went straight through the pedestrian crossing at AIB the other day, as I was about to step onto it to cross! There is a serious lack of concentration, patience and consideration in drivers these days!

I do feel sorry for the person who knocked this woman down as I'm sure they will be very upset & have to live with this :(

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Horrific news. I hope there's high quality CCTV footage of the incident to aid the Garda investigation.

On a more general note, the amount of people who drive through that car park at inappropriate speed is shocking. Too many people don't seem to get the concept that a car park is not a highway and pedestrians should be given an automatic right of way at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Was there this evening after the event, ambulance and gardaí on the scene.

Half the lights in the car park either not on, or not working. It can be quite dark there after sunset, can't help regarding safety.

RIP to the poor lady in question, very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Quackster wrote: »
    Horrific news. I hope there's high quality CCTV footage of the incident to aid the Garda investigation.

On a more general note, the amount of people who drive through that car park at inappropriate speed is shocking. Too many people don't seem to get the concept that a car park is not a highway and pedestrians should be given an automatic right of way at all times.

The problem is that those pedestrian crossings are only recent. Previously it was just raised pavement where road users had the right of way.

Rip to the person

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dreadful but not surprised.. I go to Manor West occasionally and that car park is a nightmare especially for the elderly and less mobile Poor lady and poor family..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

RIP.

That carpark is a nightmare. They also need to stop people parking on the yellow lines at the entrance to Tesco, there's a bloody carpark 20 feet away from them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Very sad. RIP

Quackster wrote: »

Its also used as a 'rat run' from the Killarney road to Killerisk to avoid traffic at the County buildings round about.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    RIP.

That carpark is a nightmare. They also need to stop people parking on the yellow lines at the entrance to Tesco, there's a bloody carpark 20 feet away from them!!!

Agreed. Yellow lines are not there just to annoy people, they exist to ensure sight lines aren't blocked for appropriate visibility for all road users and improved flows of traffic and safety. Perhaps clamping/tow away signs should be erected in those areas?

I know that main raised foot crossing from the Lifestyle exit of the SC across to Currys/Next is very confusing for both pedestrians and motorists. While most courteous drivers will yield as pedestrians attempt to cross, some won't as in fairness, it's not as far as I'm aware, marked as a recognised pedestrian crossing (flashing yellow lights and zebra crossing). I would stop for pedestrians but sometimes they stop for me so we end up all being confused!

Someone mentioned here recently that they noticed Suttons oil had closed. Well they were taken over by Corrib Oil and are now based in Dromtaker. We got a leaflet in the door today.

http://www.findajob.ie/jobs--Assistant-Manager-NEW-Fashion-Store-Tralee-Tralee-Fx2-Recruitment--1930196-inline.html

Anyone know which leading UK high street retailer, the above is referring to and where they'll be locating? Any jobs created will be welcome

ongarboy wrote: »
    http://www.findajob.ie/jobs--Assistant-Manager-NEW-Fashion-Store-Tralee-Tralee-Fx2-Recruitment--1930196-inline.html

Anyone know which leading UK high street retailer, the above is referring to and where they'll be locating? Any jobs created will be welcome

Hmmm wonder who that is!? River island was rumoured a few years back, as was New Look. I'll be happy with either! I still miss AWear :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hmmm wonder who that is!? River island was rumoured a few years back, as was New Look. I'll be happy with either! I still miss AWear :(

omg river island in tralee would be amazing :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

omg river island in tralee would be amazing :eek::eek::eek:

Totes amazeballs baby girl.:)

ongarboy wrote: »

Possibly Charlie Nelligans? BTW the pay is absolute crap. If the manager is on circa €400/week I'm betting the staff will be circa 3 part-timers on minimum wage.

• Advertisement

The Whitehouse (Dowdies) in Boherbee, is reopening this weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement