Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The Whitehouse (Dowdies) in Boherbee, is reopening this weekend!

On the topic of pubs in Tralee pub spy in the Sunday World was in Tralee and visited Turners, the Rovers Return and An Teach Beag. Turners was the headline review got panned for the state of the toilets, €2.60 for a mineral, and they got just 3 pints. An Teach Beag got an overall better review but were criticised about the distance to the toilets and 3 pints as well. They said that Rovers was clearly the 'old man's pub' in Tralee, complained about the slow service and that their pint glasses were sticky and gave it just 2 pints. What would they have made of the Osborne if they walked across the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

They weren't exactly full of praise alright. Pub owner I used to work for told me you have to pay for a good review from pub spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What id like to know is how does one get on the Pub Spy team? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Not even if it was free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

My ears hurt :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

The more pressing question is how did the limo go from castle street to San Francisco so fast!

The more pressing question is how did the limo go from castle street to San Francisco so fast!

Mark's magic sunglasses?
    Autotune must have been overdrive :)

what-has-been-heard-cannot-be-unheard-thumb.jpg

I've got the remix already!!
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3povMgGZ3Ng

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ye are some spiteful bunch !

You silly billy, you seem to have posted the incorrect link, that is a video clip of a goat.

Here is the correct link to the remix.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Tune is alright, nice vocal, but the video is naff.

Mark sings the song and ends up as the chauffeur.

kingdumb wrote: »
    Ye are some spiteful bunch !

You silly billy, you seem to have posted the incorrect link, that is a video clip of a goat.

Here is the correct link to the remix.

I watched the original.... I'm not putting myself thru the torture of that remix, I'll stick with the goat tyvm!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Stacks are getting more coverage, ahead of their match on Sunday :)

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/austin-stacks-fans-1798286-Nov2014/

If anyone is heading to the game on Sunday, please note there has now been a change of venue!

"THE Munster Club final between Austin Stacks and The Nire has been switched to Pairc Ui Chaoimh, it has been announced on the Munster GAA Website.

The game was originally scheduled to take place at Pairc Ui Rinn. This should not upset travel arrangements all too much as the ground’s are close to each other in Cork City.

The date and throw in time remain the same, this Sunday, 2pm."
    http://traleetoday.ie/change-venue-austin-stacks-munster-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I viewed an apartment to rent today in town and it doesn't come with a parking space. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a resident's parking permit and Tralee and how much for same? Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Caros wrote: »
    I viewed an apartment to rent today in town and it doesn't come with a parking space. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a resident's parking permit and Tralee and how much for same? Thanks!

Yes, there's a resident's parking permit for on Street parking. Just contact the council down in Prince's Quay (down near Brandon Hotel) and they will sort you out. They aren't expensive for the year. You do need to provide proof of lease, utility bills etc to get one.

Some of you probably already know, but just in case you don't, there will be FREE on street and council car parks in Tralee town (excluding multi-stories) from December 1st, after 1pm every day until 1st January 2015.

The Rose of Tralee, Maria Walsh, will be switching on the Christmas lights in Tralee on Saturday coming, 29th November. There will also be the annual CH Chemist Christmas parade from 2pm, also on Saturday!

for more info, see https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasSpraoiInTralee?fref=ts
    http://traleetoday.ie/preparations-place-perfect-parade-saturday/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

kingdumb wrote: »

This was 'premiered' at the troubadour club event in Fels point last Friday night.
    It wasn't exactly in keeping with the rest of the event, and I thought poor ol Gary Keane wanted to jump off the stage as it was being introduced( he was setting up for his set)

This was 'premiered' at the troubadour club event in Fels point last Friday night.
    It wasn't exactly in keeping with the rest of the event, and I thought poor ol Gary Keane wanted to jump off the stage as it was being introduced( he was setting up for his set)

How was that event? Was there a good crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Fair enough crowd, excellent music. The Victor McCullogh/John Buggy and friends gig on Thursday night in the Abbey was superb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I thought the Friday night of this event was superb. I don't think the video section worked that well as people were there to listen to live music.
    I think overall this is a great event, 10 bands of the highest quality all playing for free, where else would you get it. In reality there should be thousands at a gig like this but of course Apathy reigns once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Very disappointed at the comments on here aimed at Mark Leen. The guy has gone to so much trouble to produce a new song and video. If you don't like it that is fine but no need to be spiteful and hurtful. I have no doubt he is far more talented than the posters on here belittling his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Jaysus,
    It's just a bit of Tralee banter,Mark of all people would be used to that.I don't the think there was anything said there in spite.

PS, my ears are still hurting though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Mark Leen is one of our own stock. A gentleman that loves the bones of this town and everybody that walks it. So it must have broke his heart to take down his video. To have your own stock mock and ridicule you must truly hurt. Begrudgery at its finest.
    May as well go finish the job and cut the head off the Christie Hennesey memorial because thats what it would have felt like to Mark.

Sully34 wrote: »
    Mark Leen is one of our own stock. A gentleman that loves the bones of this town and everybody that walks it. So it must have broke his heart to take down his video. To have your own stock mock and ridicule you must truly hurt. Begrudgery at its finest.
    May as well go finish the job and cut the head off the Christie Hennesey memorial because thats what it would have felt like to Mark.

Mark Leen has a neck like a jockeys bollix, broken hearted indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Mark Leen has a neck like a jockeys bollix, broken hearted indeed

"Neck" is just a word used by begrudgers for someone that has drive and ambition

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    "Neck" is just a word used by begrudgers for someone that has drive and ambition

Mark had a successful career as an Elvis impersonator. He saw a market and drove on with the idea. He then had the Tralee Advertiser and did very well out of that too.

I'm not begrudging him his success, in fact there is a lot to admire about the man. He'll tell you himself that school was never his forte, but he's made a nice career for himself and he would be the first person to tell you he has a neck like a jockeys bollix......and that song is awful, but I'm sure he'll make a few quid from it and not care what us poor peasants think of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement