Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

ls there a homeless centre in tralee you can voluteer for? or anywhere in kerry...

The only one i know of is Arlington Lodge in Tralee, not sure what their policy is regarding volunteers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ls there a homeless centre in tralee you can voluteer for? or anywhere in kerry...

Why not try the soup kitchen? I think its near St Johns Church

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Actually ya thats what l meant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Only operates on Saturdays from what I remember when they started a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Soup Kitchen Story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'd just like to commend Sean Murphy and his lads for another great looking set of Christmas lights in the town. The twinkly bulbs look excellent.

They were complaining on Radio Kerry yesterday morning about the loudest of the music in the centre of town. Anyone find the same?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    They were complaining on Radio Kerry yesterday morning about the loudest of the music in the centre of town. Anyone find the same?

its a little loud! its just playing Christmas music, which already seems pretty repetitive!

The lights are really nice though. The little area by the Pikeman with the Christmas trees is lovely when lit up. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I believe its the Council and Tralee Chamber Alliance that pay for the lights and they have improved them again this year. The music in the town centre is a welcome addition i think it adds to the atmosphere. I heard Mark Leen's Christmas song on it the other day which is very good. No doubt some on here will disagree.
    I think the town looks well and seems to be a nice atmosphere around, all in all i think Tralee is steadily improving. No doubt due to everyone working together.

kimbaines wrote: »
    I believe its the Council and Tralee Chamber Alliance that pay for the lights and they have improved them again this year. The music in the town centre is a welcome addition i think it adds to the atmosphere. I heard Mark Leen's Christmas song on it the other day which is very good. No doubt some on here will disagree.
    I think the town looks well and seems to be a nice atmosphere around, all in all i think Tralee is steadily improving. No doubt due to everyone working together.

Ive heard Marks song as well and have to agree that it is good,a kind of jazzy Christmas song,this is what Mark Leen is good at,singing these kind of tunes,

Short clip of the song below

• Advertisement

I see that the Motor Tax office will have a new home from next Monday down at the Old Town Council buildings,at least there will be more room for parking down there,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that the Motor Tax office will have a new home from next Monday down at the Old Town Council buildings,at least there will be more room for parking down there,

it will be easier to walk to etc too if you are just in town with work or the like. People can pop in on lunch breaks etc.
    Hopefully it will be a good set up & no delays!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    it will be easier to walk to etc too if you are just in town with work or the like. People can pop in on lunch breaks etc.
    Hopefully it will be a good set up & no delays!!

Their efficiency will go through the roof.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Every time I have to sit in the motor tax office a little bit of me dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Their efficiency will go through the roof.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Every time I have to sit in the motor tax office a little bit of me dies.

You can renew on line in a matter of minutes. It must be 10 years since I physically called into a motor tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

ongarboy wrote: »
    You can renew on line in a matter of minutes. It must be 10 years since I physically called into a motor tax office.

True, but that would involve using a computer or something that talks to the inter web. Who's got the money for one of those doo-hickeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

TigerTim wrote: »
    Can someone PM me a number for Mike O'Donnell, Chimney sweep in Tralee. Have a mobile no. but its ringing out.

Thanks,

T.

Anyone?

I don't think you can for commercial vehicles though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ah I know. I just remember back in the day when you did have to go in there.

They seem to be refitting out the Horan's filling station and shop. Anyone know who the new operator is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

kn wrote: »
    They seem to be refitting out the Horan's filling station and shop. Anyone know who the new operator is going to be?

I don't know her name, but she has the car valeting shop in Clash Industrial estate near Boyle brothers place

• Advertisement

TigerTim wrote: »
    Anyone?

Pm sent

Jackie Healy Rae has passed away

Jackie Healy Rae has passed away

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't think you can for commercial vehicles though

You can now!! So long as the doe is up to date you can apply for a pin online using the reg details!!!! Did it for work wan recently.

Clab mor wrote: »
    You can now!! So long as the doe is up to date you can apply for a pin online using the reg details!!!! Did it for work wan recently.

that's good to know, thanks!! is the DOE the commercial nct test?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Teileen

Used to really like the Chinese takeaway in Ashe St...seems to be gone...
    Anybody know anything about that??

Teileen wrote: »

Across from Hennebry's? That one shut down a while ago, at one point it was owned by Peter Ho, he still has the takeaway in Castle St

Teileen wrote: »

Pagoda in Manor next to Seamus O'Sullivan's butchers is a really good Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Indeed it is.

Best Chinese I've ever been to.

Crispy chicken pineapple is amazing. It's actually decent chicken Maryland, not chicken balls.

• Advertisement

Indeed it is.

Best Chinese I've ever been to.

Crispy chicken pineapple is amazing. It's actually decent chicken Maryland, not chicken balls.

they do really good value set meals too! The set meal for 2 is only around €25 and has so much food! It was plenty for 3!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement