Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

as far as i know, keep trying him after 6 in the evening when he's finished work and if that doesn't work, call in to the shop in oakpark i thinks it's oaklands and leave a message for there and he should get back to you, that's what he told me 2 years ago anyway, I don't have his number, but if you still need it I can ask my uncle he should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 halls

TigerTim wrote: »
    Can someone PM me a number for Mike O'Donnell, Chimney sweep in Tralee. Have a mobile no. but its ringing out.

Thanks,

T.

Mike O'Donnell Chimney Sweep number is 066 7126458 best time to ring him is after 6pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

halls wrote: »
    Mike O'Donnell Chimney Sweep number is 066 7126458 best time to ring him is after 6pm.

Thanks mike!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that one of those e-cig shops closed, the one next to the old Lee Records on Castle street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Kerryman building on Denny street sold for €960,000 by auction.

http://traleetoday.ie/kerrymanaib-building-denny-street-sells-e960000/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

does anybody know anybody who does santa for for kids partys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheesh wrote: »
    does anybody know anybody who does santa for for kids partys ?

Prob be cheaper/easier just to get a santa outfit and get someone you know to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Indeed it is.

Best Chinese I've ever been to.

Crispy chicken pineapple is amazing. It's actually decent chicken Maryland, not chicken balls.

Im sorry but I have to disagree! The Chineese restaruants in Tralee are of a very poor standard. Some are a little bit better than others and some are better some days when presumably there are different staff on.

The sunshine palace is probably the best of them but last week the cantonese duck (take away)I got was a blue-green coulour, had obviously been re heated as it had pieces of tin foil embedded in it.

The Rose is consistently bad and the Pagoda is bad as well. I have a soft spot for HOKEES as it was the first Chineese in Tralee and the standard was good many years ago but Im afraid the standard has dropped in recent years.

RevBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What did you order in pagoda that wasn't nice?

Everything I get there is excellent.

Even the chips are class!

Try crispy chicken pineapple next time. It's unreal

What did you order in pagoda that wasn't nice?

Everything I get there is excellent.

Even the chips are class!

Try crispy chicken pineapple next time. It's unreal

Chicken curry (sit down) the last time. Normally we get take aways - poor quality, cold and slow delivery.

Ive tried explaining in a nice way to the owners/managers what the problem is but they dont seem to understand (or care?).

• Advertisement

Chicken curry (sit down) the last time. Normally we get take aways - poor quality, cold and slow delivery.

Ive tried explaining in a nice way to the owners/managers what the problem is but they dont seem to understand (or care?).

I have to say I've never had an issue with their food. Its always been lovely. I personally wouldn't go to Sunshine Palace, what I got from there the one time I did get a takeaway was awful! Its years since I got anything in Hokee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

If ever you're on Parnell st in Dublin take a walk into the Chinese restaurants there, no msg laden mush, just proper Cantonese cooking.

The difference between that and what we get here in Tralee is world's apart .....you may have to ask your waiter for help, all menus are in their native tongue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

any of you know John Truba? He's a local man who fixes hifi stuff,amps, i've been led to believe, looking for a email etc if he's still working.

Thanks

tinner777 wrote: »
    any of you know John Truba? He's a local man who fixes hifi stuff,amps, i've been led to believe, looking for a email etc if he's still working.

Thanks
    John Truba
    JayTee Services
    The Olde Schoolhouse
    Conor Pass Rd.
    Cloghane
    Castlegregory
    066-7138215

If ever you're on Parnell st in Dublin take a walk into the Chinese restaurants there, no msg laden mush, just proper Cantonese cooking.

The difference between that and what we get here in Tralee is world's apart .....you may have to ask your waiter for help, all menus are in their native tongue :)

sounds great, must keep that in mind next time I'm in Dublin. I have been in two really nice Chinese restaurants in Dublin actually, one was/is in Ranelagh, Wongs I think its called...soooo nice and the other was around Rathfarnham I think. So much nicer than anything I've had here.

Then you go to Thailand and have PROPER Thai food and you never want to eat any Asian food here again! oh to be there again!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    sounds great, must keep that in mind next time I'm in Dublin. I have been in two really nice Chinese restaurants in Dublin actually, one was/is in Ranelagh, Wongs I think its called...soooo nice and the other was around Rathfarnham I think. So much nicer than anything I've had here.

Then you go to Thailand and have PROPER Thai food and you never want to eat any Asian food here again! oh to be there again!!:rolleyes:

Try aroi in Limerick or cork. Unreal is an understatement!

John Truba
    JayTee Services
    The Olde Schoolhouse
    Conor Pass Rd.
    Cloghane
    Castlegregory
    066-7138215

I think I know who you are talking about.
    By chance I say him recently in Castlegregory and he stil ha a sign on his van. he servicesed my electric guitar a number of years ago he seems to still be on the go. look for jaytronics

siblers wrote: »
    Prob be cheaper/easier just to get a santa outfit and get someone you know to do it.

I know but they want me to do it! :eek:

They have the suit just need someone to do it for an hour please help me tralee thread on boards your my only hope!

I think I know who you are talking about.
    By chance I say him recently in Castlegregory and he stil ha a sign on his van. he servicesed my electric guitar a number of years ago he seems to still be on the go. look for jaytronics

That's him, does guitar services and sales, but he's probably the only person in Munster doing valve amp repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I know but they want me to do it! :eek:

They have the suit just need someone to do it for an hour please help me tralee thread on boards your my only hope!

Why not get in contact with one of the shops around town that have a Santa they might be able to get their Santa to do it.

Its Xmas they will surely be glad to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Wongs burned down there last year or the year before. They seem to be doing work on it at the moment but it's a long time closed at this stage. It was very nice alright but on the expensive side IIRC.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Wongs burned down there last year or the year before. They seem to be doing work on it at the moment but it's a long time closed at this stage. It was very nice alright but on the expensive side IIRC.

oh yeah I remember hearing that, I didn't realise it hadn't reopened. And yes, pretty expensive, but so nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

According to the Kerryman the Christmas lights in Tralee cost nearly 100k, thats an awful lot of money on lights. Whilst i agree they are very nice - Does it offer value for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I could never figure out why they take them down after the festival, then a few weeks later start putting up Christmas lights ones.Surely they could just change the centre pieces and save a fortune in labour.

Former Amann site in Clash sold to a Tralee company

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/former-amann-site-sold-to-tralee-company/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I could never figure out why they take them down after the festival, then a few weeks later start putting up Christmas lights ones.Surely they could just change the centre pieces and save a fortune in labour.

Ah stop.

You expect the council to come up with reasonable, money saving ideas like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Observation I made on Wednesday, petrol and diesel is 7c dearer in Killarney than in Tralee. Topaz garage in Manor vs Topaz in the Park Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

BPKS wrote: »
    Observation I made on Wednesday, petrol and diesel is 7c dearer in Killarney than in Tralee. Topaz garage in Manor vs Topaz in the Park Rd.

Everything is dearer in Killarney-eg pubs,groceries,clothes etc

BPKS wrote: »
    This has been the case for the last 3-4 years but before that when Tesco first opened Killarney was cheaper for a few years for petrol and diesel. Fuel prices dropping quickly over the last few days! Diesel accross from Lidl Castlemaine Rd was 130.9/litre today down 3c on yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Feliz Navidad! Happy Hannukah ! Happy Holidays !

Warmest greetings from Spain.

Wishing you all compliments of the season and happy & healthy 2015 !

Stay warm & safe .

Very sincerely

Delthedriver:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement