Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Feliz Navidad! Happy Hannukah ! Happy Holidays !

Warmest greetings from Spain.

Wishing you all compliments of the season and happy & healthy 2015 !

Stay warm & safe .

Very sincerely

Delthedriver:)

International Man of Mystery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

International Man of Mystery :)

He's probably in knocknagoshel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

xxyyzz wrote: »
    He's probably in knocknagoshel.

At a water protest!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Free Christmas Parking is certainly a boon to the Town Centre but some people are under the impression that it is now a free for all and can park anywhere. The amount of cars parked on double yellow lines etc is unbelievable. Its idiots like this who abuse the system that could lead to incentives like this being withdrawn in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kimbaines wrote: »
    Free Christmas Parking is certainly a boon to the Town Centre but some people are under the impression that it is now a free for all and can park anywhere. The amount of cars parked on double yellow lines etc is unbelievable. Its idiots like this who abuse the system that could lead to incentives like this being withdrawn in the future.

The parking enforcer seemed to be busy yesterday so they are getting their pound of flesh off those parking recklessly irrespective of the free parking initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Fatal traffic accident in Lixnaw this morning, female driver killed and her 2 teen daughters hurt, 1 seriously I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Fatal traffic accident in Lixnaw this morning, female driver killed and her 2 teen daughters hurt, 1 seriously I believe.

Very sad news.

Condolences to the family and speedy recovery to those hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Teacher in Presentation I heard and that one of the teenagers is critical.

kn wrote: »

That's correct, fingers crossed for both of the girls

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

oh no that's awful, that's the second teacher from Presentation to have died in an accident in such a short time frame. Very sad news. Condolences to all the family & friends :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

kimbaines wrote: »
    Never a truer word spoken!
    Morons everywhere!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Never a truer word spoken!
    Morons everywhere!

saw 5 cars all parked up on double lines/on footpath all along Castle street yesterday outside the banks....this is getting ridiculous lately. Its holding up traffic & people just don't see to care! No one wants to walk to get anywhere, everything has to be right outside the door!

The no right turn into St. John's isn't really working either, people still doing it, despite there being 2 signs on the way up to the lights. There needs to be another one on the opposite side at Benners so it can be seen when you are sitting at the lights.

Has anyone seen the new neon sign at Costello's Pharmacy?
    It wouldn't look out of place in a Las Vegas drive thru wedding chapel.

Has anyone seen the new neon sign at Costello's Pharmacy?
    It wouldn't look out of place in a Las Vegas drive thru wedding chapel.

whereabouts is that?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    whereabouts is that?

On rock street, beside Dish

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Speaking of signs, what about Kellihers garage in Rathass, at night their sign is blinding.
    Don't know how they are allowed dazzle drivers like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

g1983d wrote: »
    Speaking of signs, what about Kellihers garage in Rathass, at night their sign is blinding.

Apart from that its hideous. How the hell did they get planning for that monstrosity!

You wouldn't see it in Killarney!

g1983d wrote: »

Iv mentioned this before. It sort of flashes before the ad comes up to make it even more distracting.

We got our Christmas tree in Woodies this afternoon. We had looked in Belfield next to Nolans garage, but their selection wasn't great and pretty expensive. We got very lucky in Woodies and they were reduced too. The artificial trees are also reduced. Now have the task of putting it up alone....hubby off to work. Its ok cos I recorded my favourite Christmas movie from my childhood, 'Santa Claus: The Movie'...can't believe its from 1985 :(

We got our Christmas tree in Woodies this afternoon. We had looked in Belfield next to Nolans garage, but their selection wasn't great and pretty expensive. We got very lucky in Woodies and they were reduced too. The artificial trees are also reduced. Now have the task of putting it up alone....hubby off to work. Its ok cos I recorded my favourite Christmas movie from my childhood, 'Santa Claus: The Movie'...can't believe its from 1985 :(

You would have been about 20 then?
    :);):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Iv mentioned this before. It sort of flashes before the ad comes up to make it even more distracting.

Think they have stopped it flashing between ads but it still too bright

You would have been about 20 then?
    :);):)

HAha! no thankfully not :) more like 7 or 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Saw ticket warden writing ticket for offender parking in disabled space yesterday afternoon outside Caballs toy shop too. At least action is being taken. It was my first visit to town this Christmas. Have to say the atmosphere was very festive and bustling and every place looked well!

Without sounding like a stalker ur vehicle was parked right behind mine at the side of the shop, bonnet decal gave it away. Traffic was nuts around there!!

Without sounding like a stalker ur vehicle was parked right behind mine at the side of the shop, bonnet decal gave it away. Traffic was nuts around there!!

No, I believe the stalker position is already filled by me :);):)

I wish we had a normal unbranded car!! lol (no really I do!)

traffic wasn't as bad as I expected, I thought it would be a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

You wouldn't see it in Killarney!
    Indeed, but you can almost see the sign from killarney! If it's a road safety issue you can report it to the NRA .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Where is the new pharmacy in Ballinorig? I would have thought Ballinorig is a bit out of the way for a chemist shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement