Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Where is the new pharmacy in Ballinorig? I would have thought Ballinorig is a bit out of the way for a chemist shop.

It's where the old South Doc was.(Kerry Fashions)
    There's a doctors surgery there as well so that will get them some business and being just across from the hospital entrance won't hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

Hi,

I'm really hoping for some help. I'm heading to Tralee with 9 friends later this month and I was wondering where is best to go out? We would all be late 20's and are just looking for somewhere that'd be good fun with fun music. Even if there was somewhere with 80's or 90's music? Somewhere good to dance? Is there anywhere you can reserve an area?

Any help at all would be really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

NiamhOFla wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm really hoping for some help. I'm heading to Tralee with 9 friends later this month and I was wondering where is best to go out? We would all be late 20's and are just looking for somewhere that'd be good fun with fun music. Even if there was somewhere with 80's or 90's music? Somewhere good to dance? Is there anywhere you can reserve an area?

Dont know about reserving an area,most of younger crowd go to Hennesseys now and the older groups tend to be in The Blasket,upstairs in the Blasket,small nightclub and does play a mix of music 80's music as well,these two would probably be the busiest bars in Tralee at the weekends,everyone ends up in either of these places.

If your looking for live music then a good few pubs have live music at the weekends,Sean Ogs,Paddy Macs,The Blasket,The Brogue Inn,Baileys Corner and An Teach Beag.

Few of them pubs have either websites/facebook/twitter so check them out as well,

Enjoy the weekend in Tralee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hi,

Hennessy's is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Anyone know where I can buy nice dairy free buns/cake in town?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cyning wrote: »

Try Christys in the shopping centre, or maybe Seancara, they might have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

Thanks very much Kerrydude1981 and kn!

Thanks very much Kerrydude1981 and kn!

'The Barge', which is an adjunct part of Hennessy's, also caters for a crowd of your age group with 80's music etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

cyning wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gluten-Free-Kitchen-Company/180170145421230?sk=timeline

Also supervalu have a pretty big gluten free selection of cakes etc but they wouldn't really be fresh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Brilliant :)

Still better than Privacy

I see that The Gem newsagents has moved premises just opposite the Garda station (next to the back of Sean Ogs).

The filling station at the Horan Centre is a 'Top Oil' station. It has a convenience shop inside with papers etc and a deli with seating in the glass area facing out onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It's not the first petrol station to be there, I wonder will this crowd do a better job?? Any time I've passed over the last few days I've seen no cars in there but you'd see cars in Joe O'Connors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

bobdcow wrote: »
    It's not the first petrol station to be there, I wonder will this crowd do a better job?? Any time I've passed over the last few days I've seen no cars in there but you'd see cars in Joe O'Connors.

People are slow to go for the unbranded stations. Too many scare stories of dodgy fuel around the country.

People are slow to go for the unbranded stations. Too many scare stories of dodgy fuel around the country.

The problem fuel wise is with stand alone cash only pumps. Whereas this has a shop/deli and I assume takes credit cards as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

B5NlmmnCYAAf6nK.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Maybe the fella responsible was here for a visit a while back and got stung for a cover charge?? This is his revenge :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I see that The Gem newsagents has moved premises just opposite the Garda station (next to the back of Sean Ogs).

Is that the Gem or the Original Gem? :)

same thing I thought! in any case, its moved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I can't believe its not the Gem

bobdcow wrote: »
    Maybe the fella responsible was here for a visit a while back and got stung for a cover charge?? This is his revenge :-)

They will probably bring back the cover charge now to pay for the website to be fixed :D

Hamas thought it was a legitimate target, what with Danny being so frugal with money, they incorrectly assumed he was Jewish and hit the website.
    Happy Hanukkah to one and all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Lads anyone know where you can bring in change to get notes. The loose change machine in Supervalu is broken atm

adam88 wrote: »
    Lads anyone know where you can bring in change to get notes. The loose change machine in Supervalu is broken atm

Pubs are generally happy to take change off you (it saves them circa 6% in bank charges).

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

There was a news agents here for over 60 years, some time in the 90's the Gem closed temporally and the shop next door Started calling itself the Gem. When the Gem reopened it was called the Original Gem.

We always got our papers in the casket on Ashe st causing much mirth to our American cousins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I lived off that shop when I still lived in Tralee. The owner is a great lad who makes mighty sandwiches.

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be any let up in this horrible weather. Luckily just got in before it turned real bad. Shops must be taking a hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement