Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It would be hard for a nightclub with a cover charge to open up in Tralee again with the likes of Hennessy's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    It would be hard for a nightclub with a cover charge to open up in Tralee again with the likes of Hennessy's free.

Ok. So that is where the "young crowd " hang out now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Tralee has got very quiet. Hennessy's and the Abbey are the only places I know that seem to be good spots to head out in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

doovdela wrote: »
    Tralee has got very quiet. Hennessy's and the Abbey are the only places I know that seem to be good spots to head out in Tralee.

Upstairs in the Blasket for the 80s chooooooooooooooooons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Upstairs in the Blasket for the 80s chooooooooooooooooons

Was in the blasket on a Saturday night 4 weeks ago for the first time since Jesus was a pup and upstairs was heaving! Plenty of room downstairs that night though

• Advertisement

Was in the blasket on a Saturday night 4 weeks ago for the first time since Jesus was a pup and upstairs was heaving! Plenty of room downstairs that night though

Haven't been in there for donkey's years myself. Since it was really popular in the 90's I guess. Must check it out for the 80's music that everyone is on about. I love 80/90's music. What nights have they that music on?

Haven't been in there for donkey's years myself. Since it was really popular in the 90's I guess. Must check it out for the 80's music that everyone is on about. I love 80/90's music. What nights have they that music on?

Saturday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Just saw a sold sign going up on fabric, wonder who the new owner is?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

g1983d wrote: »

really!? It will be interesting to see if they reopen as a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Can't see what else they would do with it

• Advertisement

Lee ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Lee ?????

Is he not bankrupt after his mother sued him or something

Lee ?????

Del and Lee ???? :D:D

Can't see what else they would do with it

An extension to social welfare possibly to bring all their services together in under one roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

An extension to social welfare possibly to bring all their services together in under one roof.

Bowling alley? Theatre? :)

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Bowling alley? Theatre? :)

Absolutely! Just think of the synergy of bringing people with nothing to do and all day to do with!! :)

On a serious note with the integration of social welfare and employment services bringing them all under one roof makes sense where possible. The social welfare office looks small for Tralee and they have the old ESB offices on Edward Street and the various employment services are all over the Town as well. Bringing it all into Princess St makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Just want to say well done Tralee on the great Fireworks display on in Manor on New Years Eve at a really good time of 7.30pm - Ideal for families with young kids. Also i heard that there was a good crowd in the town centre for the Countdown clock on the big screen.
    Tralee is getting very good for free events throughout the year, i am not sure who is paying for all this but it is excellent!

Rumour going around that Wetherspoon's have bought Fabric. No notion to whether there is any truth to it. Wethspoon's are doing pints from €2.50 in Ireland but its non premium brands such as Beamish and Amstel rather than Guinness and Heineken.

O Keeffe's Oil from Rathmore are apparently moving into Tralee,into the depot where Suttons used be next to the hospital,

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Kerry.aspx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Rumour going around that Wetherspoon's have bought Fabric. No notion to whether there is any truth to it. Wethspoon's are doing pints from €2.50 in Ireland but its non premium brands such as Beamish and Amstel rather than Guinness and Heineken.

I can't imagine its them, but you'd never know! They are looking to open all over the country and I've seen them open in smaller towns than this in the UK!

• Advertisement

This was taken from the Tralee Chamber Alliance fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/tralee.ie?fref=nf
    Tralee Red Cross seeks Unit Members.

Tralee Red Cross is actively seeking new unit members. If you are over 18 years of age and looking for a challenge then why not join our unit in Tralee.
    The Red Cross has been in Tralee for many years evolving and changing with the times.
    We offer free First Aid training progressing to Emergency Medical Technician over a period of time.
    Training is one evening a week at our HQ in Killlerisk. Duties can vary from attending football games, cycle events, festivals, e.g. Rose of Tralee and community events.
    The Tralee Brach were proud to host this year’s annual Irish Red Cross competitions on the 29th of April last. It was a huge success and was a great boost to the town.
    We recently took part in an inter agency major exercise. Our ambulance crews were called to a simulated plane and helicopter crash. The crews had to work as a team in a calm and organized manner.
    If you feel you can work as part of a team then this could be for you.

Please contact our Recruitment Officer Cillian Cusack on 0879738152 or Email cilliancu@gmail.com for further information.

Quite likely ! Wetherspoons have an expansion plan for Ireland. They are looking at sites outside the "M50". Still for the punter, Guinness or Beamish, they only care about the price.:D

Unlikely to be M&S..........they were chased out of town a few years ago by some Tralee wisemen.!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Actually, Wetherspoons would be a great choice for the Fabric building (formerly bowling alley and Siamsa Tire) as they often go for period or unusual/quirky buildings (former banks/theatres/churches etc).

I've been to the one in Blackrock in Dublin and it's doing a roaring trade. Another one is opening near me in Blanchardstown soon and I understand Cork is getting one in Paul Street.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Actually, Wetherspoons would be a great choice for the Fabric building (formerly bowling alley and Siamsa Tire) as they often go for period or unusual/quirky buildings (former banks/theatres/churches etc).

I've been to the one in Blackrock in Dublin and it's doing a roaring trade. Another one is opening near me in Blanchardstown soon and I understand Cork is getting one in Paul Street.

Just had a look online and it seems old cinemas are the kind of properties that they target! Out of the centre though but I guess they reckon the punters will come to them for the prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I was in Wexford town (similar sized to Tralee) during the summer and they had a great multi floor bar/restaurant/nightclub called the Stores just off the centre. By day or evening , it had trad or other music sessions (during the summer - outdoors), great food served inside or al fresco, proper old style pub for a casual or quite pint and then late bars and full on nightclub (several DJs/dancefloors) for the late night punters. This meant an income stream was coming all day and all night 7 days a week. Dinn Ri's in Carlow is another similar example. I think this is what Tralee needs and which Fabric could facilitate if redesigned as such.

Fabric and Horans have died because they were relying on a narrow window of custom (11:30pm to 2:30am a handful of nights a week).

Wetherspoons obviously doesn't fit the model I described above as it's more a family oriented pint and a meal custom and also famous for it's no music policy but it would still be better than just a nightclub only venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Quite likely ! Wetherspoons have an expansion plan for Ireland. They are looking at sites outside the "M50". Still for the punter, Guinness or Beamish, they only care about the price.:D

Unlikely to be M&S..........they were chased out of town a few years ago by some Tralee wisemen.!:D

And Women

Noticed an indoor Karting place up in Manor the other, next to BTS fitness. Is that open long?

I always forget there is a bowling alley up there too! has anyone been to it, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Noticed an indoor Karting place up in Manor the other, next to BTS fitness. Is that open long?

I always forget there is a bowling alley up there too! has anyone been to it, is it any good?

It's been open since the 26th of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Bowling Buddies is the name of the bowling alley, it's ok, they do kids bday parties upstairs, downstairs arcade games and a bucking bronco, plus bowling.
    Haven't been there in a while myself though

• Advertisement

Bowling Buddies is the name of the bowling alley, it's ok, they do kids bday parties upstairs, downstairs arcade games and a bucking bronco, plus bowling.
    Haven't been there in a while myself though

I keep meaning to go there for a change, but wasn't sure was if it was more for kids! Saying that, I could just bring my nephew! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement