Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone know of any sewing classes that might be starting??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone know of any sewing classes that might be starting??

Might be worth checking the Tralee Community College website to see what night classes they have coming up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

article on the Fabric sale

http://traleetoday.ie/fabric-building-princes-street-sold/

Also noticed that the unfinished townhouses site in Oakpark has a sold sign on it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Fabric sold to a Cork based Solicitor on behalf of a client.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/former-fabric-nightclub-is-sold/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Noticed some significant construction going ahead off the Mounthawk roundabout junction opposite O'Donnell's bar. More homes, I expect? Good to see movement and activity around the town after years of stagnation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »
    Noticed some significant construction going ahead off the Mounthawk roundabout junction opposite O'Donnell's bar. More homes, I expect? Good to see movement and activity around the town after years of stagnation.

I think they had been due to be built for a long time but some planning laws red tape put a halt to it until recently. New homes are very scarce in Tralee at the moment so this is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

What was happening at Forge cross at 5pm Thursday? Lots of blue flashing lights an Garda activity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

What was happening at Forge cross at 5pm Thursday? Lots of blue flashing lights an Garda activity.

this eve? no idea, haven't heard & I live up that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

That had me curious too, I saw the van there when I was leaving work at 5.30ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

There was an accident this evening. We had to go around the roundabout anti clockwise to the listowel from Tralee. Looked like a jeep came down the hill from the North Campus straight across the roundabout and landed nose down in a dyke on the other side. 3 squad cars, ambulance and rapid response unit. Looked like a singe car accident.

• Advertisement

ruffmut wrote: »
    There was an accident this evening. We had to go around the roundabout anti clockwise to the listowel from Tralee. Looked like a jeep came down the hill from the North Campus straight across the roundabout and landed nose down in a dyke on the other side. 3 squad cars, ambulance and rapid response unit. Looked like a singe car accident.

yikes, hope they weren't badly injured.

was walking down Castle Street yesterday and noticed on the building where Yusuf Spice is currently, that there is a sort of trophy right at the top, and just under it is a sort of crest on the front of the building. Anyone know what these represent? I'm sure they've been there for a long time, and I've probably noticed them before, but never thought to ask what they were for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

kn wrote: »
    Fabric sold to a Cork based Solicitor on behalf of a client.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/former-fabric-nightclub-is-sold/

Any truth to the whispers of it being bought by Whetherspoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I keep meaning to go there for a change, but wasn't sure was if it was more for kids! Saying that, I could just bring my nephew! :)

I go there a fair bit, if you go at night time it's usually quiet enough there. Always a fairly nice atmosphere in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

ruffmut wrote: »

Yeah I was going up by farmer's bridge when 2 ambulances came racing against me. Must have been pretty bad :(

chupacabra wrote: »

don't think so, I heard it was the Savoy in Cork, or another club in Cork, can't think of the name. I also heard it was the crowd who have the Old Oak, but not sure that one is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

None

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

None. :D

Best wishes to the new owners of Fabric.

Nice to see another business reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Is it reopening as a nightclub? Do people even go to nightclubs anymore?

• Advertisement

Je suis Charlie.

Kindest wishes to friends in French community, living in Tralee

Viva la liberte

Sincerely

D.:)

there were some idiots throwing rocks and glass onto passing cars last night from the railway bridge on the Tralee-Castleisland road! Scumbags!

http://traleetoday.ie/rocks-glass-thrown-cars-bridge-ballymacelligott/

there were some idiots throwing rocks and glass onto passing cars last night from the railway bridge on the Tralee-Castleisland road! Scumbags!

http://traleetoday.ie/rocks-glass-thrown-cars-bridge-ballymacelligott/

Shocking!

snow predicted for Tralee later today! Not a fan of snow anymore after the horrible weather we had in 2010, saw enough of it to last me a lifetime!

I really hope it doesn't stick, or last long! I have to go out in car this eve, and I am not looking forward to it now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

snow predicted for Tralee later today! Not a fan of snow anymore after the horrible weather we had in 2010, saw enough of it to last me a lifetime!

I really hope it doesn't stick, or last long! I have to go out in car this eve, and I am not looking forward to it now! :(

God I hope so, we haven't had a good coating in ages!!

murdig wrote: »
    God I hope so, we haven't had a good costing in ages

a good costing??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

a good costing??

Lol stupid autocorrect!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Hi guys, can anyone recommend any first aid courses in kerry? My occupational first aid cert is due for renewal. Thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone know anyone that can fix my sons PS3?

Will play DVDs, but won't read the games anymore!

• Advertisement

Anyone know anyone that can fix my sons PS3?

Will play DVDs, but won't read the games anymore!

I think there's a guy who works part-time in the computer repair shop in the shopping centre who fixes them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement