Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think there's a guy who works part-time in the computer repair shop in the shopping centre who fixes them.

He'll be there on Saturdays,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

th283 wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone recommend any first aid courses in kerry? My occupational first aid cert is due for renewal. Thanks :)

I saw a similar question asked on 'Tralee do you know' facebook group, and a name mentioned was 'Acute Medical Training', they have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acute-Medical-Training/105603549476804

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Anyone know anyone that can fix my sons PS3?

Will play DVDs, but won't read the games anymore!

The Polish guy that fixes computers near the Castle St junction with Moyderwell also does them consoles I think.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Is it reopening as a nightclub? Do people even go to nightclubs anymore?

I was out and about in Killarney last Saturday night. First time I was there overnight for close to a year and it was good to be in a town with a decent nightlife for a change - sadly unlike Tralee! Stayed in cheap enough accomodation although I could have kipped down in a mates house but I liked the bit of comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    The Polish guy that fixes computers near the Castle St junction with Moyderwell also does them consoles I think.

Agree totally. He is a very pleasant guy and got me out of a jam on more than one occasion. Really knows computers

• Advertisement

I was out and about in Killarney last Saturday night. First time I was there overnight for close to a year and it was good to be in a town with a decent nightlife for a change - sadly unlike Tralee! Stayed in cheap enough accomodation although I could have kipped down in a mates house but I liked the bit of comfort.

Killarney is buzzing year round. I guess hospitality is their stock in trade. They certainly know how to look after the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Brought my ps3 in there about 18months ago and was very impolitely told to stop wasting his time, and that he was sick of people bringing in consoles to him, never again would I go in there.

Folski wrote: »
    Brought my ps3 in there about 18months ago and was very impolitely told to stop wasting his time, and that he was sick of people bringing in consoles to him, never again would I go in there.

Where did you get your PS3 fixed then ?

STATUS RED

Wind Warning for Exposed coastal and mountain areas of Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick and Kerry.

Wind gusts 130 to 150km/h possible.

High onshore seas also

Issued:Wednesday 14 January 2015 14:00
    Valid:Wednesday 14 January 2015 21:00 to Thursday 15 January 2015 12:00

Stay safe folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Where did you get your PS3 fixed then ?

Brought it down to the guy down barrack lane, and he opened it up but didn't fix it, I had the yellow light of death problem though. Don't know if yours is that bad.

• Advertisement

Front page of the Kerryman is all about the drunks and druggies down the Town Park which we have referred to on here over the last couple of years. Kerryman must have been stuck for a front page story.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Kerry County Council, An Garda Siochana and the HSE have jointly issued the following advice to the public as a result of the Code RED wind warning.For the duration of the Code RED, the agencies are advising:
    * That it would be prudent for the parents of school-going children NOT to take their children to school in the morning and to keep them at home.
    *The advice from all three agencies is that it would be prudent for all schools to close for the duration of the Code RED alert.
    * Road users are advised to avoid using the roads. Owners of high-sided vehicles are advised to take them off the road this afternoon and to park them in a secure location.
    * Those looking to travel to work in the morning are advised to exercise prudence when making a decision whether to travel to work and to take account of the weather conditions.
    * In the event of significant power cuts, householders are asked to ensure they have an adequate supply of drinking water.
    Kerry County Council’s advice to the public is NOT to venture outside and to take all reasonable precautions to secure their property. Additionally the public is asked to secure loose objects such as bins, gates, signage which could fly off in the wind and cause injury to others.
    All materials on building sites, farmyards etc should be tied down and shed doors locked firmly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

th283 wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone recommend any first aid courses in kerry? My occupational first aid cert is due for renewal. Thanks

There is a guy based in Castleisland (I think) goes by First Aid Kerry. Did a course with them a few years ago.

Front page of the Kerryman is all about the drunks and druggies down the Town Park which we have referred to on here over the last couple of years. Kerryman must have been stuck for a front page story.

Agree .:)

With this storm outside , I guess they should have plenty of material for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Just got a text message from Pres Secondary that the school will be closed tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I'll give him a try so.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Just got a text message from Pres Secondary that the school will be closed tomorrow.

The green and blenerville closed too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mounthawk closed too

Moyderwell too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

glad I don't buy that paper anymore, its awful! Still like the Kerry's Eye :)

• Advertisement

Moyderwell too

Gaelcholaiste Chiarrai are off too...my lucky nephew! Wish businesses & workers could to the same!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Gaelcholaiste Chiarrai are off too...my lucky nephew! Wish businesses & workers could to the same!

Its supposed to pass by morning, but I'd think it's to do with falling trees and debris on the roads in the morning, no point taking chances

Its supposed to pass by morning, but I'd think it's to do with falling trees and debris on the roads in the morning, no point taking chances

yeah guess so, they obviously need to take the warning seriously I suppose. Still wish I didn't have to go to work in the morning, but that's life!
    all I'm worried about tonight is my bins staying in the one place & my side fence staying up...other than that once I'm home after work tonight & cosy in bed I'll be happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hope the power stay ok for tonight. Have fire on at least and candles at the ready!

doovdela wrote: »
    Hope the power stay ok for tonight. Have fire on at least and candles at the ready!

Fck! Forgot the candles, I'm off to St John's to rob the gaff!!
    :)

Fck! Forgot the candles, I'm off to St John's to rob the gaff!!
    :)

Stay safe out there folks. This storm is a real howler !

Weather is quite strange this week, 16C on Monday, Freezing yesterday with snow, storm today and tomorrow.........................

Thankfully I am going back to Spain soon !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It's quite as church at the moment!
    Eye of the storm!?

It's quite as church at the moment!
    Eye of the storm!?

they are saying now it could be at its worst between midnight & 8am! hopefully not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like we didnt get the storm as bad as expected.

Another warning in place for today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

HIGH Tides are next week tbtf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement