Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Strong wind, high waves, the sun is shining ! :)

amadain wrote: »
    HIGH Tides are next week tbtf

Yes, thankfully no HIGH TIDES last night.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Yes, Bad day for WIGS

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Looks like we didnt get the storm as bad as expected.

Another warning in place for today

its been downgraded for here thankfully!

http://traleetoday.ie/storm-update-kerry-no-longer-red/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Discounted voucher for bowling up in Manor West - €7 for bowling for 2 people or €24 for 6 with a 12" pizza. Additional 10% off if you buy it by midnight tonight.

Coupon to be used during the month of March.

http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/bowling-buddies-57?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Does anyone know where you could do a an allergy test in Tralee or somewhere in Kerry?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

doovdela wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you could do a an allergy test in Tralee or somewhere in Kerry?

Dr. Buckley's in the Ashe Street clinic do them.

There is also a place in Oakpark who I think do them, Tralee Alternative Therapies, 48 Oakpark Demesne, (066)7180344

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Reading on FB that Benners (now to be run by Der Sullivan's family) will open on March 1st as a boutique hotel with revamped restaurant and bar and 50 new jobs created.

Great news for the town!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Reading on FB that Benners (now to be run by Der Sullivan's family) will open on March 1st as a boutique hotel with revamped restaurant and bar and 50 new jobs created.

Great news for the town!

They are going to have to do serious work to the rooms to get them up to a 'boutique hotel' standard. I would have classed them as 2* tourist class when they were open.

kn wrote: »
    They are going to have to do serious work to the rooms to get them up to a 'boutique hotel' standard. I would have classed them as 2* tourist class when they were open.

Spot on it certainly had the image of a 2* tourist hotel catering for hen & stag weekends.

The idea of a "boutique hotel" in Tralee is certainly a very attractive proposition. Congratulations to the new owners and may they have great success. Where is the car parking?

Is Castle Street the place for a boutique hotel ? It is the one street imho. which is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Fish and chip shops, takeaways, coupled with numerous grim looking shop fronts, bars, don't quite flow with the location of a boutique hotel. Perhaps there are plans to clean up the image of Castle Street?

Absolutely no doubt Tralee has come on in leaps and bounds during the last two years , full marks to all the of family or owner run businesses who gave the bigger brand name businesses a serious run for their money.

Best wishes

d.

• Advertisement

I think that really means for Kerry with Tralee Court being the location for Kerry cases and with Kerry among the larger counties it looks worse than it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Why is that not a surprise for you?

xxyyzz wrote: »

I don't suppose the TV licence inspector does Yacht calls!

kn wrote: »
    I don't suppose the TV licence inspector does Yacht calls!

Ha! Ha !.........................:D

There is an element of society who are simply free loaders.

Free water , free television..................the list is endless:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

But why are you not surprised that Tralee is among the worst offenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

But why are you not surprised that Tralee is among the worst offenders?

Tralee has a lot of free loaders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I love paying for crap I didn't ask for, don't want, and never use. I can't remember how many Saturday nights I've rushed home from work to catch the latest episode of winning streak or that new one with the blonde fella from that failed band, he makes Marty Whelan look like an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

To be fair to Westlife, they were one of the most commercially successful boy bands of all time. Although I'd have taught Nikki Byrne would have made his money by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

If they wanted to make the tv licences work properly, abolish it altogether.

Then place a €x tax on getting sky or UPC etc.

If yiu and to pay €5 a month extra on your sky subscription people would still get it and they would be getting their tv money also.

But going along with the same crap, paying lads to wander the country knocking on doors, not getting any money from free loaders, is typical of how backwards we are politically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If they wanted to make the tv licences work properly, abolish it altogether.

Then place a €x tax on getting sky or UPC etc.

If yiu and to pay €5 a month extra on your sky subscription people would still get it and they would be getting their tv money also.

But going along with the same crap, paying lads to wander the country knocking on doors, not getting any money from free loaders, is typical of how backwards we are politically.

Or maybe people don't want to pay for a licence that vastly overpays wages of the likes Joe Duffy and Marion finucane, both on over 200k a year.

Marion finucane broadcasts for 4 hours a week, yes 4 hours a week and takes home over 200k.

Also none of the money goes towards TV3.

I love paying for crap I didn't ask for, don't want, and never use. I can't remember how many Saturday nights I've rushed home from work to catch the latest episode of winning streak or that new one with the blonde fella from that failed band, he makes Marty Whelan look like an amateur.

That blonde fellow would be Bertie the liar aherns Son in law. Who when the band failed, landed a lovely job broadcasting on he's own show weekdays on 2fm. Even though he had no experience in the radio industry.

And for the last two weeks is also presenting he's own radio show on the weekends as well as winning streak!

Or how about Gerry Ryan's daughter Lottie, who was also given her own show, even though she can barely articulate a sentence without reading a script.

And how many more shows are they going to give Gay Byrne, just because he lost he's pension on property speculation?

Maybe that's why people don't want to pay for a licence!

Interesting thoughts folks.

Perhaps it should be called a Communications License, perhaps TV is a bit out-dated, as people watch TV on their computer.

Nonetheless the current legislation requires people to have a current TV licence.

It is equally required of car owners to display a current Insurance Disc, NCT Disc, and a current Tax Disc , whether they like it of not. It is concerning to see cars in Tralee with none or a combination of the aforementioned.

Like it or not there is legislation in place , whether people like it nor want to pay.

Tralee-based company Altobridge has been sold for €4m...

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-based-company-altobridge-sold-e4m/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Was coming back to my car one evening during the week, (it was dark) coming up from pizza time, pizza in hand when I saw a middle aged woman, very well dressed go to the public bin beside small tesco with a small bag of rubbish, take it out, pop it in the bin, what wouldn't fit she broke it up then she hopped back into her car and drove away. I had heard of people doing it but never saw it before.

A girl I worked with years ago told me her parents on their nightly walk, would go towards town and dump their daily rubbish into private and public bins along the route, they never had to put a bin out and pay for rubbish collection!!

bobdcow wrote: »
    Was coming back to my car one evening during the week, (it was dark) coming up from pizza time, pizza in hand when I saw a middle aged woman, very well dressed go to the public bin beside small tesco with a small bag of rubbish, take it out, pop it in the bin, what wouldn't fit she broke it up then she hopped back into her car and drove away. I had heard of people doing it but never saw it before.

A girl I worked with years ago told me her parents on their nightly walk, would go towards town and dump their daily rubbish into private and public bins along the route, they never had to put a bin out and pay for rubbish collection!!

You should have taken her reg reported her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Some people gather the rubbish that accumulates in their cars and dump it there, but yes, some people dump their household waste in these bins.
    I've seen quite a few people do it, and know some of them to be not very well off, so would rather they do this otherwise it could mean dumping in Garveys carpark etc

Wang King wrote: »
    Some people gather the rubbish that accumulates in their cars and dump it there, but yes, some people dump their household waste in these bins.
    I've seen quite a few people do it, and know some of them to be not very well off, so would rather they do this otherwise it could mean dumping in Garveys carpark etc

Welcome to Tralee Thread 😁🚤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

And there is also an obnoxious and arrogant element in society who think they are above everyone else and that any one beneath them are "freeloaders" ;) . BTW del water has never been "free". That tax disc you mention further down the thread has been paying for it all along ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement