Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    And there is also an obnoxious and arrogant element in society who think they are above everyone else and that any one beneath them are "freeloaders" ;) . BTW del water has never been "free". That tax disc you mention further down the thread has been paying for it all along ;)

The Road Tax Disc has been paying for water ? Perhaps you could explain further? Do you have a link please?:confused:

Perhaps you are confusing Road Tax and VRT ?????

Perhaps MOD could clarify.????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    And there is also an obnoxious and arrogant element in society who think they are above everyone else and that any one beneath them are "freeloaders" ;) . BTW del water has never been "free". That tax disc you mention further down the thread has been paying for it all along ;)

Would these be the University educated guys and gals in the suits who bankrupt a country?

Shush now, we dont talk about that anymore, sure this all the fault off the people unfortunate enough to be on the dole!

Without wishing to sound arrogant or obnoxious John Boy has failed to elaborate on the issue of Road Tax.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnBoy26 View Post
    And there is also an obnoxious and arrogant element in society who think they are above everyone else and that any one beneath them are "freeloaders" . BTW del water has never been "free". That tax disc you mention further down the thread has been paying for it all along

The Road Tax Disc has been paying for water ? Perhaps you could explain further? Do you have a link please?

One can only suppose that he has the wrong end of the stick !:)

Go on Mc Gregor, what a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

No such thing as Road tax. It's motor tax.

I'm still wondering why you aren't surprised that tralee has the highest level of TV licence avoidance Del?

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    No such thing as Road tax. It's motor tax.

I'm still wondering why you aren't surprised that tralee has the highest level of TV licence avoidance Del?

Fair enough , Motor Tax.
    I believe it is the general apathy in certain sectors of the community towards paying for services and general free loading.

Would these be the University educated guys and gals in the suits who bankrupt a country?

Shush now, we dont talk about that anymore, sure this all the fault off the people unfortunate enough to be on the dole!

So anyone who went to University and or wore a suit is responsible for bankrupting the country?????? Perhaps someone could explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NV011956

Without wishing to sound arrogant or obnoxious John Boy has failed to elaborate on the issue of Road Tax.
    Quote:
    And there is also an obnoxious and arrogant element in society who think they are above everyone else and that any one beneath them are "freeloaders" . BTW del water has never been "free". That tax disc you mention further down the thread has been paying for it all along

The Road Tax Disc has been paying for water ? Perhaps you could explain further? Do you have a link please?

I may be wrong but I remember hearing somewhere during the whole water charges debate, that many moons ago, an addition was made to the motor tax rate to cover water charges. Probably never removed from the motor tax rate.
    I stand to be corrected on that mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

The Road Tax Disc has been paying for water ? Perhaps you could explain further? Do you have a link please?:confused:

As with most taxes in our country both Motor and VRT taxes go directly to central government funds (exception being LPT -some of which is retained locally) Government allocate funds to Local Authorities to provide services,one of which is water supply. Hence your Motor, VRT,VAT,Income and all other taxes pay for all services supplied in your local area

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quote:

I'm sure JohnBoy wasn't online all night, which is probably why he didn't reply to your post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So anyone who went to University and or wore a suit is responsible for bankrupting the country?????? Perhaps someone could explain.

the politicians & bankers I would assume this refers to....

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the politicians & bankers I would assume this refers to....

Dangerous go assume anything!

Dangerous go assume anything!

Really?

Why then are you assuming that certain sectors of society dont want to pay for anything, and are free loaders.

Careful your bubble doesn't burst, you may be exposed to the real world!

Really?

Why then are you assuming that certain sectors of society dont want to pay for anything, and are free loaders.

Careful your bubble doesn't burst, you may be exposed to the real world!

I haven't assumed anything.!

ASS U ME !!!

Calm Michael .Enjoy your afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Some positive news for Tralee. Tbh, I never heard of a channel called Irish TV before.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-tv-creates-20-jobs-at-new-munster-regional-office-658663.html

ongarboy wrote: »
    Some positive news for Tralee. Tbh, I never heard of a channel called Irish TV before.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-tv-creates-20-jobs-at-new-munster-regional-office-658663.html

Good news indeed. Every new job is always very welcome:)

Wonder will it be available to the TV spongers ?;)

Good news indeed. Every new job is always very welcome:)

Wonder will it be available to the TV spongers ?;)

ok, think that's enough of the sponger jibes!

ongarboy wrote: »

yeah its on the Sky channels, probably UPC too. I haven't watched it, but I know they feature various towns on it, and Tralee has been one. Good to see them expanding.

'Households in Ireland have access to Irish TV on Sky TV 191, Freesat 400, eircom eVision 191 and online at irishtv.com.'
    It doesn't mention if its available on Saorview, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Less of the personal digs, I'm better than you, sponger stuff etc please, it's very tiresome to read. Almost as bad as the Sully days.

Less of the personal digs, I'm better than you, sponger stuff etc please, it's very tiresome to read. Almost as bad as the Sully days.

Ok with me:)

Sully?? Did anyone find out whatever happened to him ??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Ok with me:)

Sully?? Did anyone find out whatever happened to him ??:confused:

I heard he was bundled on to a yacht and dumped at sea,but you know how this town is for rumours.

the small bungalow next to Spar in Oakpark was demolished today! I know the Byrnes who own this Spar shop bought it a few years back & had plans for it, but I thought they had been rejected by planning?

They must have submitted new plans! Wonder what they are doing with it? expanding the shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

yeah its on the Sky channels, probably UPC too. I haven't watched it, but I know they feature various towns on it, and Tralee has been one. Good to see them expanding.

'Households in Ireland have access to Irish TV on Sky TV 191, Freesat 400, eircom eVision 191 and online at irishtv.com.'
    It doesn't mention if its available on Saorview, probably not.

Its not on Saorview. Brian Hurley from Tralee is heavily involved here, presents some of the slots and is Munster regional manager for Irish tv

I heard he was bundled on to a yacht and dumped at sea,but you know how this town is for rumours.

Never ceases to amaze me !:)

the small bungalow next to Spar in Oakpark was demolished today! I know the Byrnes who own this Spar shop bought it a few years back & had plans for it, but I thought they had been rejected by planning?

They must have submitted new plans! Wonder what they are doing with it? expanding the shop?

It would be nice for them to expand their shop. Parking is an issue outside. Perhaps they can reorganise the layout and provide more parking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Tara house RIP.

Restoration work to Blennerville windmill will be completed by April! There was a lot of damage done to it in last years storms.

http://traleetoday.ie/blennerville-windmill-sails-return-april/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

See Killarney are having a new festival this year,a music and food festival

http://traleetoday.ie/incredible-line-music-acts-killarney-festival-music-food/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Sharleen Spiteri?! I'm there in a heartbeat!!

• Advertisement

See Killarney are having a new festival this year,a music and food festival

http://traleetoday.ie/incredible-line-music-acts-killarney-festival-music-food/

hint hint Rose of Tralee!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement