Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adverts has gone down hill in the last two years. Anytime I put anything on there recently all I've gotten is A) dreamers offering 50-60% of the asking price B) fellas trying to swap stuff they've had listed for months{despite the ad saying NO SWAPS} or C) thread spoilers who will agree a price and then disappear.

Iphone 4 new 8 gig would easily fetch 200

agree about Adverts, very annoying trying to sell on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

you can set a minimum price on adverts now I see.

at least there's no annoying paypal involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

A bit of a longshot.....does anyone know an independent garage/mechanic that would have the software to bleed the brakes in a Mercedes E200 Kompressor......Private message me details please
    Its a sad thing that you need software to bleed brakes now. Oh for the days of the 10 spanner, a bottle of brake fluid and a size 9 boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Its a sad thing that you need software to bleed brakes now. Oh for the days of the 10 spanner, a bottle of brake fluid and a size 9 boot!

Don't forget the mug of hot tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Its very easy to take the back off, you can see videos on youtube, it'll take you 2 mins.

Where did you get it for that price :eek:?

A student who needed a few quid. A bit of ascratch on the back, but its perfect otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Be careful buying iPhones on the cheap.

The latest scam is selling the iphone, then reporting it stolen or lost a week later. The person who bought the phone has a great phone for a week, until the phone company blacklist it. You have no come back with it. And the seller then goes on to claim he's new phone from his insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Does anyone know who owns or operates the Pladium over in Manor, the old Toby's World?

bobdcow wrote: »
    Does anyone know who owns or operates the Pladium over in Manor, the old Toby's World?

I believe it's Peter McDermott, he was general manager in the Carlton most recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Has it reopened as a soft play centre?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Lisha wrote: »
    Has it reopened as a soft play centre?
    Thanks

Yes its the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Was over there just after it re opened. Was same alright. Had a mug of coffee. Yyyyyyuck . They need to sort that out . Don't worry about what kids want... I need a nice coffee while my kids play .

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Was over there just after it re opened. Was same alright. Had a mug of coffee. Yyyyyyuck . They need to sort that out . Don't worry about what kids want... I need a nice coffee while my kids play .

we're hoping to go over there in the next few weeks, we havent told our oldest it's open again :) she's happy having a game of bowling now and playgrounds. It is lovely to sit back and watch them play, pity about the coffee though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

so it doesn't look like Xtra Vision in Tralee is closing!

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/xtra-vision-closures-job-losses-899472-May2013/

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/xtra-vision-closures-job-losses-899472-May2013/

All the closures bar one will be in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

All the closures bar one will be in Dublin!
    That certainly is interesting. They closed a few in Dublin already prior to the receivership.

kn wrote: »
    That certainly is interesting. They closed a few in Dublin already prior to the receivership.

I'd say there business plan will be to hit areas where broadband is poor ( no Netflix or downloading). It seems to be the only way they will survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Guess it makes sense, Netflix or its equivalent is not really an option in Tralee a Broadband service is crap.:)

kn wrote: »

Broadband in Dublin is far superior to living in the sticks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Guess it makes sense, Netflix or its equivalent is not really an option in Tralee a Broadband service is crap.:)

Netflix and downloading works perfect for me.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Netflix and downloading works perfect for me.

What broadband service are you with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Eircom are about to roll out fibre optic broadband in town later this month.

Presently with Eircom, service was chronic over the weekend out of action for 12 hours, later out of action for almost 20 hours, made several attempts to contact their technical support, having held the line, listened to crap music on a premium call , I finally gave up . There must have been a Bank holiday in India or wherever Eircom have their call centre.
    It would have been tolerable except I had some important work to attend to. Sod's Law I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Netflix have brilliant servers, so even if you have a crappy 1mb connection like me it still works a treat. Xtravision is gone to the dogs anyway, the one by the small tescos is complete rubbish and the one in Kilarney isn't much better.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Vodafone.

Interesting, a friend in Tralee cancelled his Vodafone service, the broadband speed was too slow.
    Has anyone heard of Kerry Broadband? Any positive feedback would be appreciated. Does anyone know whether it is via satellite or landline?
    I am seriously thinking of changing provider, just I don't want to stumble from one lame duck to another. Eircom appear to have a monopoly?
    As a country our Broadband service must be the worst in Europe. The Government really need to act quickly to help the State out of recession and attract investment and creation of jobs.
    Thanks

Eircom are about to roll out fibre optic broadband in town later this month.

Could this be the reason why the existing system has gone to pot?

What will fibre optic do that the present system can't do? Sorry I am not a techi!

Will it be faster than the existing system, if so it may be worthwhile persevering and turning the air blue for another few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I was in Iceland last year, speed tester nearly went into meltdown at the hotel I was at.
    Amazing too the difference in battery consumption when you have a good signal.

I was in Iceland last year, speed tester nearly went into meltdown at the hotel I was at.
    Amazing too the difference in battery consumption when you have a good signal.

Any wealthy babes in Iceland?

I don't believe it! The flipping Broadband is back to crawling pace again, nearly chucked my computer into the sea.

Think I'll p... off to Iceland:)

Any wealthy babes in Iceland?

I don't believe it! The flipping Broadband is back to crawling pace again, nearly chucked my computer into the sea.

Think I'll p... off to Iceland:)

You might pick up a nice MILF in Iceland, I always hear mums go to Iceland.......ah I tried, give me some credit at least! ;)

• Advertisement

Interesting, a friend in Tralee cancelled his Vodafone service, the broadband speed was too slow.
    Has anyone heard of Kerry Broadband? Any positive feedback would be appreciated. Does anyone know whether it is via satellite or landline?
    I am seriously thinking of changing provider, just I don't want to stumble from one lame duck to another. Eircom appear to have a monopoly?
    As a country our Broadband service must be the worst in Europe. The Government really need to act quickly to help the State out of recession and attract investment and creation of jobs.
    Thanks
    Kerry broadband is satellite provided. Alright for sending e mails and browsing a few documents. But if your doing any browsing or streaming movies or music, your talking serious €€€€ every month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement