Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I saw four guards but no protests outside the brogue last night. The mercy mount hawk parents council pub quiz was on. Some tricky questions like : what county is lough mcrory in and what age decade is Joan Burton in. The Tainste spoke briefly at the event and asked the first question. It is great to see the Brogue back in action again!

there were photo's up of a protest on facebook, they were outside the Brogue and a few other places at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    there were photo's up of a protest on facebook, they were outside the Brogue and a few other places at different times.
    Protest tourism? Is it the latest fad??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    Protest tourism? Is it the latest fad??

they protested outside a few different places in the town yesterday evening. The Pink ladies anti-water protest it was called.

http://traleetoday.ie/pink-ladies-get-anti-water-charges-message-across-tanaiste/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

They love an oul protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

The pink ladies....and not an apple in sight

• Advertisement

Charity event in Fels Point tonight, if anyone is interested or at a loose end! Mainly for the ladies, but I'm sure they will allow you fellas in :)

Dress Haven https://www.facebook.com/events/871393449577550/?sid_reminder=1995985930833362944

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good to see the darts league making a comeback,Tralee and the surrounding villages used all have darts competitions in the past,

http://traleetoday.ie/new-era-darts-tralee-town-league-returns-12-years/

Good to see the darts league making a comeback,Tralee and the surrounding villages used all have darts competitions in the past,

http://traleetoday.ie/new-era-darts-tralee-town-league-returns-12-years/

Yep, at it's height there were 3 divisions with about 26 teams.
    Don't think we'll see that amount again though

its very foggy in Tralee this evening! We had to drive to Listowel & it was very bad. Shocked at the amount of drivers with no lights on & tailgating in this weather! Amazes me how people get a driving licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Flight to Farranfore sent to Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Thanks for restoring that, no bother.
    Ruu wrote: »
    Sorry that was my mistake there, kingdumb. I had my mod hat on and mistakenly took it to be spam or spam like without looking into it more deeply like I should have. We all make mistakes and aren't robots (except I am a bot).

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

What Tralee could do with most of all is a small venue, Siamsa is a nice venue but it is only of any interest on the off season, and even at that it i pretty inflexible and out of the reach of many performers.
    A good multipurpose space half the size of Siamsa would be great in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

its very foggy in Tralee this evening! We had to drive to Listowel & it was very bad. Shocked at the amount of drivers with no lights on & tailgating in this weather! Amazes me how people get a driving licence!

Totally agree with you Ciarrai.
    Simply baffling how drivers can operate vehicles with faulty lights in this weather. Absolutely no excuse for such outrageous behaviour on our roads. It should be compulsory for car owners to carry an emergency pack of replacement bulbs and yellow vest for use in event of a breakdown/emergency. These items are legal requirements in other EU countries.

Simply baffling how drivers can operate vehicles with faulty lights in this weather. Absolutely no excuse for such outrageous behaviour on our roads. It should be compulsory for car owners to carry an emergency pack of replacement bulbs and yellow vest for use in event of a breakdown/emergency. These items are legal requirements in other EU countries.

there are taxi's driving around this town with lights not working on their car for a while now, and I've seen a couple of taxis driving around with ONE headlight working. Its disgraceful! There's no excuse for it, only laziness for not bothering to get it fixed.

there are taxi's driving around this town with lights not working on their car for a while now, and I've seen a couple of taxis driving around with ONE headlight working. Its disgraceful! There's no excuse for it, only laziness for not bothering to get it fixed.

Gosh, I expect higher standards from professional drivers . To be fair I have always found Tralee based taxi drivers to be extremely good at maintaining their vehicles to the highest standards. I would decline to take a cab displaying one headlight .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It should be compulsory for car owners to carry an emergency pack of replacement bulbs and yellow vest for use in event of a breakdown/emergency. These items are legal requirements in other EU countries.

Try replacing the bulb on a Honda accord, it's a garage job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Most people don't know how to change their own bulbs

Most people don't know how to change their own bulbs

Most people don't even know what the amber light means at a traffic lights....changing a bulb is the least of our worries

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Wang King wrote: »
    Most people don't even know what the amber light means at a traffic lights....changing a bulb is the least of our worries

It means go faster before they turn red, doesn't it? :P

The Spar shop in Oakpark seems to be just doing a new carpark in the area where they knocked that old bungalow. It will be good to have more parking there, but I thought they might have expanded the shop with the extra space.

• Advertisement

Wang King wrote: »

very true!! there are noticeably a lot more people who are jumping red lights these days. Its as if they don't know what the amber light means & keep going as fast as they can! Its scary at junctions with the amount of people still breaking a red light when its your green!!

very true!! there are noticeably a lot more people who are jumping red lights these days. Its as if they don't know what the amber light means & keep going as fast as they can! Its scary at junctions with the amount of people still breaking a red light when its your green!!

How can these motoring offences be dealt with?

It must be very frustrating for the Gardai ?

The Tralee Food Court, housing Burger King and Subway is for sale!!

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-food-court-sale-e1-6m-price-tag/

good to see a bit of good news for the town!

A sports shop is opening down in Ivy Terrace, Radar Sports.
    http://traleetoday.ie/homegrown-sports-company-set-open-first-store-tralee/

and Tralee will get an estimated €20m to build a new advanced manufacturing facility to attract industry! I hope this works out though, as it doesn't mean anything really until a company is attracted to it. Fingers crossed!
    http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-gets-major-multi-million-euro-boost-jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Tralee Food Court, housing Burger King and Subway is for sale!!

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-food-court-sale-e1-6m-price-tag/

No surprise there, awful location.

siblers wrote: »

yeah, its too far off the road and easily missed. I've never been in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NV011956

Hi all, anyone know a decent painter locally? Looking to paint the entire inside of my house.Thanks.

NV011956 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone know a decent painter locally? Looking to paint the entire inside of my house.Thanks.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Big weekend of sport coming up,with three clubs going for All Ireland glory

Best of luck to Ardfert and Brosna on Saturday evening in Croke Park and the Stacks in Portlaoise on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

siblers wrote: »

It says tenants unaffected so why would they remain trading if location is so awful? I imagine the developers are offloading it in the hope of making a profit. Despite the bypass, it's still the primary road into town so would be seen by most traffic as they enter/ exit Tralee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement