Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ongarboy wrote: »
    It says tenants unaffected so why would they remain trading if location is so awful? I imagine the developers are offloading it in the hope of making a profit. Despite the bypass, it's still the primary road into town so would be seen by most traffic as they enter/ exit Tralee.

I think the place is too hidden away,you would nearly forget it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

I think the place is too hidden away,you would nearly forget it was there.

Agreed. It almost ranks as a blind spot. Needs some serious signposting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Place needs a marijuana dealer, weed and the munchies, everybody's a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wang King wrote: »
    Place needs a marijuana dealer, weed and the munchies, everybody's a winner!

And a Hooters

Some of that funding from the goverment that was announced this week could be used to attract that top American Business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

And a Hooters

Some of that funding from the goverment that was announced this week could be used to attract that top American Business :D

Personally I always found Hooters overpriced myself.

• Advertisement

Personally I always found Hooters overpriced myself.

I like their buy 1 get 1 free deal

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

I like their buy 1 get 1 free deal
    Yeah, me too! I recently enjoyed a meal in one of their establishments and apparently if I was to order Rachel Mundwiller, I could have gotten Ashley Dill for free.
    But the wife doesn't like Dill and wasn't to impressed with Mundwiller either. Actually she wasn't impressed with the whole idea after all.

Such an exotic restaurant will catapult Tralee up there, on top of "What to visit while in Ireland". Imagine the potential...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'd like to see a super macs back in town, why did micko let it go?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    I'd like to see a super macs back in town, why did micko let it go?

I think it was the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

really? I always thought it was Micko wanted to go it alone and just used the supermacs brand and then went off after a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

best of luck to the Austin Stacks today!!
    and well done to Brosna and Ardfert yesterday!

well it wasn't to be! Hard luck to the Stacks, I for one am gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

In Tralee for the weekend and noticed that The Station House had been cleaned up. Any news on what is happening to it or has it just been tidied up for potential buyers

Read in the Kerry's eye that its being made into retail units & keeping the B&b upstairs. It will be leased as a retail opportunity & a B&b separately I think. So no more bar/restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Lots of work going on in fabric this week, does anyone know what's going in there? I had a look in when I was passing and is in remarkably good shape for a place that's been abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Lots of work going on in fabric this week, does anyone know what's going in there? I had a look in when I was passing and is in remarkably good shape for a place that's been abandoned

Reopening as a nightclub afik

I hear the Slieve Mish in Boherbee has a major chimney fire at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    So no more bar/restaurant.

:(:(:(

I hear the Slieve Mish in Boherbee has a major chimney fire at the moment?

nah, nothing major, was put out very quick! The fire brigade did turn up but I think it was already out at that stage.

g1983d wrote: »

I wonder how busy it will be, are people that into going to nightclubs anymore? Seems like late bars are more popular these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I wonder how busy it will be, are people that into going to nightclubs anymore? Seems like late bars are more popular these days.

Its going to be difficult to tell people in Tralee to pay a cover charge having gotten used to not paying for a while now for late bars.

kn wrote: »
    Its going to be difficult to tell people in Tralee to pay a cover charge having gotten used to not paying for a while now for late bars.

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think people will want to pay €6-€10 in. I'd say Horan's find it hard to fill the place these days and they only open during the college term, with the odd Saturday or Sunday night thrown in for long weekends etc. It doesn't the near the amount of people going there as it did. Big DJ names don't really attract crowds anymore, not like they used to.

I was always a big Horan's fan, always went there up until about 6 years ago, and I've probably only been there twice in the past 6 years! I was never a Fabric fan, nor Sprials back in the day. My friends and I were always in Horan's every weekend. Ah, those were the days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I'd say quiet at the beginning but if Tralee as a whole could offer something that would encourage all the locals and all the buses passing through to go out in Tralee rather than Killarney a night club would do well and all the other bars.

Killarney has 3 or 4 busy night clubs charging for entry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think people will want to pay €6-€10 in. I'd say Horan's find it hard to fill the place these days and they only open during the college term, with the odd Saturday or Sunday night thrown in for long weekends etc. It doesn't the near the amount of people going there as it did. Big DJ names don't really attract crowds anymore, not like they used to.

I was always a big Horan's fan, always went there up until about 6 years ago, and I've probably only been there twice in the past 6 years! I was never a Fabric fan, nor Sprials back in the day. My friends and I were always in Horan's every weekend. Ah, those were the days :(

Horans was jammed Saturday night. My mate said he hasn't seen a crowd like it there in ten years!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

g1983d wrote: »

Dance floor, gym and extra office space for dole next door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

amadain wrote: »
    Dance floor, gym and extra office space for dole next door

Yep, rumour has it there'll be a hatch beside the cloakroom to pick up your dole money before you get to the bar.

Horans was jammed Saturday night. My mate said he hasn't seen a crowd like it there in ten years!

that's good to hear! I know they had a few DJ's on Saturday night.
    Its RAG week this week too, so they should be busy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yep, rumour has it there'll be a hatch beside the cloakroom to pick up your dole money before you get to the bar.

That hatch is for the Children's Allowance money as well - they will be doing specials on babycham on the first Tuesday of the month! ;)

kn wrote: »
    That hatch is for the Children's Allowance money as well - they will be doing specials on babycham on the first Tuesday of the month! ;)

Hi! can you give me the money for me baby sham!

• Advertisement

Apparently Benners won't be opening until the end of March now, or early April. They only took possession of it officially this week.

Did anyone hear that Nancy Myles pub was bought & is to reopen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement