Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Was coming home from listowel about an hour ago, and there was a very serious accident just at the turn off for Mountcoal.

The roads seem to be very dangerous in the last week!

Was talking to a fella last night who said he met a car coming against him the wrong way down the bypass at the Clash exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I've seen that too, It was either a red 4x4 or a van, unfortunately I was walking so couldn't get a reg. I use that exit a lot and it must be pants soiling to find a car coming against you when you don't expect it

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Lads where would be thebest place for some traditional Irish music in Tralee tonight?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I was waiting at the lights at the bus station in the right hand lane to go up the oakpark road we were on the red - stopped. Once the lights turned green two cars from the Sean Mhuillean side one in the correct lane, the other in the lane to go to the post office both came down against us, the young fella in the wrong lane tearing off towards Aldi

then the lights turned red, que the green arrow which comes on (to go up the oakpark road) - we begin to move when breaking the red light from the post office side come an old lady and turns right nearly going into a van that was taking the green arrow right turn. The van managed to stop in time and the old lady causally as you like drives on down the road.

Add that to what happened with the car going up the wall at McDonalds yesterday.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lads where would be thebest place for some traditional Irish music in Tralee tonight?
    Thanks

Try Sean Ogs, always music in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    I was waiting at the lights at the bus station in the right hand lane to go up the oakpark road we were on the red - stopped. Once the lights turned green two cars from the Sean Mhuillean side one in the correct lane, the other in the lane to go to the post office both came down against us, the young fella in the wrong lane tearing off towards Aldi

then the lights turned red, que the green arrow which comes on (to go up the oakpark road) - we begin to move when breaking the red light from the post office side come an old lady and turns right nearly going into a van that was taking the green arrow right turn. The van managed to stop in time and the old lady causally as you like drives on down the road.

Add that to what happened with the car going up the wall at McDonalds yesterday.......

That junction is becoming lethal. The amount of idiots who will continue to drive despite the red lights is insane! If there was ever a need for a camera there to catch these guys it's now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Another example of a certain sector of our community thinking that laws don't apply to them

Wang King wrote: »
    Another example of a certain sector of our community thinking that laws don't apply to them

saw that earlier too!! thought the very same thing. No concept of how to park, blocking the entire footpath for everyone, especially those with wheelchairs or buggys. The way people park up in this town is becoming a joke lately! Literally no thought for others, apart from them only caring about how far they would have to walk! Ignorant beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Does anyone here have Kerry Broadband? More importantly does anyone here know the guy and if he's actually still operating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Damokc wrote: »
    Does anyone here have Kerry Broadband? More importantly does anyone here know the guy and if he's actually still operating?

I know someone who recently got them after leaving permanent and they are happy with them, I'll see if I can their number tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

I've rang the number a good few times but no answer. For my area they look like the best option, it's just trying to contact them for a date for install.

I've rang the number a good few times but no answer. For my area they look like the best option, it's just trying to contact them for a date for install.

He's woeful to try and contact. Imagine what happens if you have issues down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

At the very least you should obscure the van reg number. Casual racism aside Identifying any ones vehicle on boards is surely a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Lisha wrote: »
    At the very least you should obscure the van reg number. Casual racism aside Identifying any ones vehicle on boards is surely a bad idea.

:confused: What is wrong with Commercial Vehicle Drivers ?;)

If the mods wish to delete my post they may, but I stand over my comment

There's a thread about them in the main Kerry section
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057283923&page=3

looks like they are pretty hard to get hold of, and slow to get connected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

They shouldn't block the footpath while parking on double yellows on a public street then should they!

And why is it considered racist to call them out on it?

Really I just think they the reg number should not be visible on a public site. but that's just my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Really I just think they the reg number should not be visible on a public site. but that's just my opinion.

It was on a public street!

Maybe shaming them will stop them in future!

• Advertisement

They shouldn't block the footpath while parking on double yellows on a public street then should they!

And why is it considered racist to call them out on it?

Agree with you Sir !

I do not believe there was any issue of racism here, perhaps Lisha could expand her thought.

Having looked at the photo again all I see is a blue Ford Transit parked outside a chinese restaurant ( which may or may not belong to Wang King) parked on double yellow lines.

I don't understand the suggestion of racism.Perhaps someone could enlighten me please.

I see no reason to have your post deleted. :confused:to say the least , I do not understand the suggestion of racism :confused:

I am sure Lisha is not a racist ???:confused:

Perhaps, though I don't understand why you thought there was evidence of a racism issue.:confused:

The vehicle was displaying a County Limerick reg plate ???:confused: So Lisha what are you suggesting??.:confused:

The OP was merely pointing out an issue concerning the blocking of footpaths and parking on double yellow lines which is an ongoing issue in Tralee Town Centre which causes problems for pedestrians and other road users.

Sorry I cannot see why you thought the OP was being racist:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Perhaps, though I don't understand why you thought there was evidence of a racism issue.:confused:

The vehicle was displaying a County Limerick reg plate ???:confused: So Lisha what are you suggesting??.:confused:

The OP was merely pointing out an issue concerning the blocking of footpaths and parking on double yellow lines which is an ongoing issue in Tralee Town Centre which causes problems for pedestrians and other road users.

Sorry I cannot see why you thought the OP was being racist:confused:
    Calm yourself Del and have a read of the post. I believe Lisha took issue with the line "a certain sector of our community thinking that laws don't apply to them"

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Calm yourself Del and have a read of the post. I believe Lisha took issue with the line "a certain sector of our community thinking that laws don't apply to them"

Yes it was, thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The van could just as easily be delivering to Sweeney's for all we know.

Have checked with my solicitor, he has informed me that while a parking violation is in progress, I am free to identify the vehicles licence plate, but not to publish an image of the driver

kn wrote: »
    The van could just as easily be delivering to Sweeney's for all we know.

on a Sunday? unlikely!

Have checked with my solicitor, he has informed me that while a parking violation is in progress, I am free to identify the vehicles licence plate, but not to publish an image of the driver

I just passed a taxi parked up on footpath, on double yellows outside Cash encounters on Castle street!

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I just passed a taxi parked up on footpath, on double yellows outside Cash encounters on Castle street!

That whole section of castle st is used as a parking bay, and it's not on. I see the same people reoffending constantly outside takeaways and shops, it's beyond a joke now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement