Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

kingdumb wrote: »
    Dont' hold your breath.

A while back I was coming out of a shop with lots of cars parked outside on double yellows, footpath and within 15 meters of a pedestrian crossing, when a garda car pulled up to join them. When the garda got out I pleasantly asked if there was anything they could do about the cars, pointing to those to both sides of the garda car. I was asked what did I mean, when I pointed out the 3 road traffic offences they launched into a spiel about how they would love to be able to do something about it but due to lack of manpower etc... totally oblivious to the fact they they were also commuting 3 traffic offences !

Is that outside Dunnes' front entrance?
    By the way, up in Oakpark I'm witnessing a real show: THICK SNOW!!! Yahoooo!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

snams wrote: »
    By the way, up in Oakpark I'm witnessing a real show: THICK SNOW!!! Yahoooo!!!

and its raining again! Apparently the county bounds are very snowy, so take care anyone driving in to Cork etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Spot on, you're not a cop are you :)
    snams wrote: »

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that the NightJar in the Square is closed for refurbishment! Apparently not due to reopen until Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see that the NightJar in the Square is closed for refurbishment! Apparently not due to reopen until Easter!

You beat me to it,they also have furniture up for sale on Done Deal

Maybe it would do better if they just had the ground floor bar open.

• Advertisement

You beat me to it,they also have furniture up for sale on Done Deal

Maybe it would do better if they just had the ground floor bar open.

have they! that's interesting, so they are doing a total refurb in there!

I was speaking to the manager, Aileen recently & she said they are looking to concentrate more on the food in there, so they need a better layout.

just read this very sad news :( RIP to Darren

http://traleetoday.ie/darren-mullery-loses-battle-cancer/

did anyone hear about this, some idiots threw sandbags off the overpass on the Tralee/KIllarney road last night & it hit the Miah Lynch delivery van....scumbags

http://traleetoday.ie/two-lucky-alive-scumbags-throw-sandbags-overpass/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

did anyone hear about this, some idiots threw sandbags off the overpass on the Tralee/KIllarney road last night & it hit the Miah Lynch delivery van....scumbags

http://traleetoday.ie/two-lucky-alive-scumbags-throw-sandbags-overpass/

The youth of today are gone to fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You just wonder how they consider this entertainment! Obviously they are so intellectually challenged that they have no comprehension how lethal such actions are.

I just hope they get caught and dealt with!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

This should be dealt with the same as attempted murder as it is premediated, the consequences of such could leave to a huge traffic collision. A car easily loose control with a young family into an on coming lorry etc, the possibilities are endless and scary.

Duran Duran to headline in Killarney this summer!! :O really want to go to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Duran Duran to headline in Killarney this summer!! :O really want to go to that!

You'd have been in your early 20's when they made it big?

Wang King wrote: »
    You'd have been in your early 20's when they made it big?

ha! no not quite! I wasn't even a fan when they were first on the scene! I started listening to their music in my 20's....YEARS later!
    Not sure I want to go after seeing the ticket price though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

This should be dealt with the same as attempted murder as it is premediated, the consequences of such could leave to a huge traffic collision. A car easily loose control with a young family into an on coming lorry etc, the possibilities are endless and scary.

The parents of these little thugs don't give a toss! Where do they think these little brats are at night.???

Bring back the birch !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The parents of these little thugs don't give a toss! Where do they think these little brats are at night.???

Bring back the birch !!!!!
    Those fine lads in ISIS are on your wavelength!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2951016/Child-receives-60-lashes-town-square-referring-ISIS-hated-Daesh-term-Iraq.html

Did anyone watch the programme on Showcase last night called 'Ghostcircle' about the haunted Ballyseedy Castle? spooky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

kingdumb wrote: »

That's pretty cool. Didn't realise that it was a University of British Columbia project. Wonder if a fella could get a spin home on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Did anyone watch the programme on Showcase last night called 'Ghostcircle' about the haunted Ballyseedy Castle? spooky!!

I would love to have seen that! Was it on RTE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Did ye see this article about a new comedy club and the proceeds go to a good cause - the soup kitchen.

http://traleetoday.ie/new-comedy-club-night-starts-tralee-next-month/

kaiser31 wrote: »

No, it was on showcase, it was an hour long programme that I watched on fast forward..... Still 6 minutes of my life I could have better spent...

kaiser31 wrote: »

no it was on a channel called Showcase. Don't know the channel number off the top of my head. It was just ok actually, I thought it would be a bit better than it was.

Cheltenham this week 3 :D

Bryan Cooper 7/1 to be top jockey

Does anyone know of any other haunted places in Tralee or surrounding areas? I hadn't heard that Ballyseedy was haunted until about a year ago!

Does anyone know of any other haunted places in Tralee or surrounding areas? I hadn't heard that Ballyseedy was haunted until about a year ago!

If you walk up Rackett lane at the stroke of midnight, you can hear the screeching of 10,000 murdered little piggies

The Abbey Inn is haunted by the faint sound of Maniac 2000

What the heck lets go mad

The Abbey Inn is haunted by the faint sound of Maniac 2000

What the heck lets go mad

that reminds me more of Spirals than the Abbey!
    Did I hear that song is back in the No.1 spot again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

that reminds me more of Spirals than the Abbey!
    Did I hear that song is back in the No.1 spot again?

Ya. They re released it again. Mark Mc cabe is a producer with RTE so there really pushing it. I heard it played four times yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

At least that means the Abbey will stop playing it...they only play songs that are not in vogue!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement