Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Danae1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

New ripoff rates by Higgins (domestic collection): €30 minimum in account at any time. New monthly €6 charge.

Pay by weight for everything....

Soooo.... my question is: is there currently ANY other option in Tralee??

I haven't heard anything about their new rates? how can someone have €30 minimum in their account? Not everyone uses their online system to pay. I only just started using them 2 months ago as we were with Dillons and had to move to Higgins as Dillons don't do domestic waste anymore.

edited to say I've gone onto their website and this is happening from next month! http://www.higginswaste.com/webclient/news/organic-waste-service
    I can't believe this to be honest, I really don't get why we will basically be paying €30 a month? why should we have €30 MINIMUM in our account or no collection??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

[/QUOTE]I can't believe this to be honest, I really don't get why we will basically be paying €30 a month? why should we have €30 MINIMUM in our account or no collection??[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! Well they will NOT be getting my business.... they can F**K off........I'd rather live in squalor first!! I guess Dillons/KWD/SWB will be getting a lot more walk-in business in the near future. This shower have been taking the p*** since they took over the council contract (which was up the end of January incidentally!), several price hikes, refusing to honour bin tags etc etc
    GGGGRRRRRRRRRR *excuse the rant, but a TEENY BIT TICKED OFF now!*

Oh, by the way the 'Dillons/KWD/SWB bit of my post = Dillons, KWD and South West bins.

These are the options I found by looking online today....there may be others if anyone can add to the list and enlighten us, I for one would be delighted to know about some real options out there......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

KWD bought out Southwest Bins so they are essentially the same (they also bought out the Kerry side of Mr Binmans business)... And i think if you ring them they will just refer you back to Higgins... KWD/SWB are the only ones who collect in Listowel. It's basically just allowing them put their prices up and up and up.

cyning wrote: »
    KWD bought out Southwest Bins so they are essentially the same (they also bought out the Kerry side of Mr Binmans business)... And i think if you ring them they will just refer you back to Higgins... KWD/SWB are the only ones who collect in Listowel. It's basically just allowing them put their prices up and up and up.

Hmmm always good to know who you're dealing with; they didnt mention any of that when I rang.. they didnt refer me back to Higgins - luckily, I would have been mid rant at that stage lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hmmm always good to know who you're dealing with; they didnt mention any of that when I rang.. they didnt refer me back to Higgins - luckily, I would have been mid rant at that stage lol

Does KWD do Tralee? anyone know what their prices are, i.e will they have this ridiculous standing charge & €30 credit? That's the bit I'm furious about, not that I have to pay per weight, that's fair enough, but them charging me €6 a month, & basically demanding we have €30 in our accounts or else!? seriously, who do they think they are? I'm pretty peeved too Danae!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Does KWD do Tralee? anyone know what their prices are, i.e will they have this ridiculous standing charge & €30 credit? That's the bit I'm furious about, not that I have to pay per weight, that's fair enough, but them charging me €6 a month, & basically demanding we have €30 in our accounts or else!? seriously, who do they think they are? I'm pretty peeved too Danae!:mad:

I'm pissed as well. The pay per lift was simple and easy to comprehend. And maybe it was too simple as it really encouraged minimising your waste. Whereas with a standard charge you just say to yourself well I am already paying a set minimum per month so I may as well use it!! Not exactly eco friendly.

Kerry Dunnes stores working are going on strike holy Thursday!

http://traleetoday.ie/kerry-dunnes-stores-workers-strike-holy-thursday/

At one stage, he lay on the floor to look under a shelf, she said. Garda Brosnan also said she “clearly saw” him masturbating in the children’s clothing section.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tesco-ban-for-lewd-acts-317374.html

Nice chap. Kiddie fiddler from Dublin no sooner than out of prison hightails it for Tralee to get his rocks off despite having engaged with 'treatment' in prison. I have a 'treatment' in mind for him that involves a knife and only a small amount of chloroform.

The childrens clothing of Tesco Manor does not amount to much so he is going to stand out a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

kn wrote: »
    I'm pissed as well. The pay per lift was simple and easy to comprehend. And maybe it was too simple as it really encouraged minimising your waste. Whereas with a standard charge you just say to yourself well I am already paying a set minimum per month so I may as well use it!! Not exactly eco friendly.
    So you pay 6 euro per week and have 30 in the account - is this on top of their 12.50 per lift?

• Advertisement

So you pay 6 euro per week and have 30 in the account - is this on top of their 12.50 per lift?

The 12.50 per lift is gone and is replaced with a pay per kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

The 12.50 per lift is gone and is replaced with a pay per kg.

I'm going to put rocks in danae's bin !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nice chap. Kiddie fiddler from Dublin no sooner than out of prison hightails it for Tralee to get his rocks off despite having engaged with 'treatment' in prison. I have a 'treatment' in mind for him that involves a knife and only a small amount of chloroform.

The childrens clothing of Tesco Manor does not amount to much so he is going to stand out a mile.

FFS the judiciary in this country are a ****in disgrace. This pervert should be in jail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

A short visit to Tralee today, town looked very well in the fabulous spring sunshine. What has happened Castle Street however?
    The street looks extremely tired, tacky signage, rather suspicious characters drinking cans and lighting up in doorways of empty shop units......
    It would be nice to see Castle Street getting a long overdue makeover. Perhaps Town Council can do something to improve the image ???

A short visit to Tralee today, town looked very well in the fabulous spring sunshine. What has happened Castle Street however?
    The street looks extremely tired, tacky signage, rather suspicious characters drinking cans and lighting up in doorways of empty shop units......
    It would be nice to see Castle Street getting a long overdue makeover. Perhaps Town Council can do something to improve the image ???

Benners will be open inside a month I think, that should help with the image.
    Slatterys furniture are taking a shop unit in Boherbee , the old Flahives garage.. (If you have to ask, you're too young to remember)

Wang King wrote: »
    Slatterys furniture are taking a shop unit in Boherbee , the old Flahives garage.. (If you have to ask, you're too young to remember)

I'm not even sure where that is!? Are Slattery's furniture the same as the guys in off John Joe Sheehy road that do flooring?

I'm going to put rocks in danae's bin !!

You have to find me first Wang K............. or do I already know where YOU live?? LOL

I'm not even sure where that is!? Are Slattery's furniture the same as the guys in off John Joe Sheehy road that do flooring?

That's them. They've taken the unit that was am Indian restaurant some years ago and most recently an Asian food store until it shut down, I think it was called Pak

You have to find me first Wang K............. or do I already know where YOU live?? LOL

Possibly do, I don't really hide where I live ;)

That's them. They've taken the unit that was am Indian restaurant some years ago and most recently an Asian food store until it shut down, I think it was called Pak

Ah yes I know the one. Will the keep their other unit or are they moving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That is positive news. Hopefully New Benners will raise the bar for Castle Street.I sincerely wish them every success. It should certainly encourage new businesses to fill the vacated units, preferably not more grotty takeaways and bars

Something needs to be done with the illegal parking and scumbags hanging around the street. The image of the street is very poor during daylight, cannot be pleasant for pedestrians at night.

As for Flahives Garage, never heard of them. !:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cooper had a win there on Don Poli. Local boy, many following him?

beertons wrote: »

well done to Bryan Cooper! Not really following Cheltenham, but I had just turned on the tv and saw him just after the race!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

well done to Bryan Cooper! Not really following Cheltenham, but I had just turned on the tv and saw him just after the race!

He looks about 12. God love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

beertons wrote: »

Had a small wager on him alright,winnings is noting that I can retire with
    though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

, the old Flahives garage)
    The only Flahives garage I know was at the top of oakpark! There are ghost apartments built on the site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

. Perhaps Town Council can do something to improve the image ???
    tralee town council was abolished in June 14.

The only Flahives garage I know was at the top of oakpark! There are ghost apartments built on the site now.

Flahives garage in Boherbee is gone over 30 years ;)

As for Ciarrai's question, I don't know if they are keeping the original site as well

those apartments were recently all sold, I wonder what will happen to them? would they be all knocked & rebuilt or finished? They look awful and seem to be really small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

those apartments were recently all sold, I wonder what will happen to them? would they be all knocked & rebuilt or finished? They look awful and seem to be really small.
    They might be intended for student housing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement