Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Anyone going clubbing this weekend!? The new nightclub 'Quarters' (formerly Fabric) are re-opening this weekend! Horan's is also on!

Hopefully its a busy weekend for the town. Great to see Quarters, Benners and The Ashe Hotel all reopened! Onwards & upwards for Tralee town :)

I may be wrong..... But if you still call it clubbing you're probably too old to be left out without your zimmerframe
    ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »
    I may be wrong..... But if you still call it clubbing you're probably too old to be left out without your zimmerframe
    ;)

shows how long its been since I've been to a nightclub if its not called clubbing anymore!

I keep calling the place Fabric, I wonder how long it will take for people to get used to saying 'Quarters'! I know for a fact I won't be going there....if ever! I hated it when it was Fabric and was probably there a total of 5 times while it was open! I overheard a guy in the bank yesterday saying its going to be €15 in...yikes, wouldn't want to be paying that much & still have to fork out for drinks! Although I know its €10 into Horans and pretty much always has been, but its hard to imagine how I used to afford nights out & still go to a club......damn recession! :rolleyes:

shows how long its been since I've been to a nightclub if its not called clubbing anymore!

I keep calling the place Fabric, I wonder how long it will take for people to get used to saying 'Quarters'! I know for a fact I won't be going there....if ever! I hated it when it was Fabric and was probably there a total of 5 times while it was open! I overheard a guy in the bank yesterday saying its going to be €15 in...yikes, wouldn't want to be paying that much & still have to fork out for drinks! Although I know its €10 into Horans and pretty much always has been, but its hard to imagine how I used to afford nights out & still go to a club......damn recession! :rolleyes:

I think the last time I was in Horans was back when they had the "old timers" waltz bar...we'd go in there for cheaper pints and then into the disco when we were suitably laden with Dutch courage to ask women if they'd like a drink...... And after we got shot down we'd spend the night moshing on the dance floor to Beatbox video's of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana..... Happier times :)

I did pop into Benners for the opening.... Very impressed , some nice changes inside and seemed to be a very exciting vibe inside, wish the O'Sullivan family all the best with this new venture

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »
    I think the last time I was in Horans was back when they had the "old timers" waltz bar...we'd go in there for cheaper pints and then into the disco when we were suitably laden with Dutch courage to ask women if they'd like a drink...... And after we got shot down we'd spend the night moshing on the dance floor to Beatbox video's of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana..... Happier times :)

I did pop into Benners for the opening.... Very impressed , some nice changes inside and seemed to be a very exciting vibe inside, wish the O'Sullivan family all the best with this new venture

I'd forgotten about the videos in Horan's! ah, those were the days! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay €15 in - thats 3 pints (in real currency terms as a Tralee person would express it :) ). As I said before Tralee people have gotten used to not paying for their late bars which in reality are no different than the nightclubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It is expensive even by Dublin standards these days as I've rarely paid more than a tenner to get into any club. However you'd be surprised how young ones prioritise their disposable incomes and may consider 15 worth it if that's where the action is at! If most of them are doing their drinking at home beforehand rather than the pubs, that's how they stretch their budget.

Anyone know which nights it operates and will the bar be open earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

New Benners looks class,big change from the last time it was open,its less dark anyway :)

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-new-look-benners-hotel-opens-its-doors/

Its been confirmed that the parents of the deceased former Washington Rose have purchased Fels Point and the festival will be building a permanent dome.

kn wrote: »
    Its been confirmed that the parents of the deceased former Washington Rose have purchased Fels Point and the festival will be building a permanent dome.

wow, that's fantastic! Fair play to them for doing that. It will be great to finally have a permanent events centre!

Heard on the radio they are hoping the event centre will be ready for the Rose Of Tralee 2017

• Advertisement

http://traleetoday.ie/confirmed-parents-of-late-rose-purchase-fels-point-hotel/

Pity that the plans for the barge out in Blennerville never worked out,it would have a been an interesting restaurant to dine in

http://traleetoday.ie/canal-barge-set-to-move-on-but-when/

Thought that was a good thing said by the manager of Quarters that the rest of the late night bars shouldn't worry about losing custom,if people have more a choice of places to go in Tralee then it should bring more people into town and that would be good business for all.

As Del Boy said

"Everyone is a winner" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FarmerSmith

Anyone know the best place in town to get a smashed iPhone screen replaced. Vodafone are €295 and phone depot in the mall are saying €225

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There's a place in the shopping arcade that does it (I think).

siblers wrote: »
    There's a place in the shopping arcade that does it (I think).

There isn't.
    Lionel Dorrington at the top of the lane between Heatons and Penny's or there is a Polish lad down by the Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Polish guy in the shop down Barrack lane, between Penney's and Heatons. Like €75 or something.

BMobile opposite Yummy Cafe do repairs too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Adiboo wrote: »
    Polish guy in the shop down Barrack lane, between Penney's and Heatons. Like €75 or something.

I can recommend this guy. He replaced my ipad screen and no issues since. He's located across the lane from D'Arcys restaurant

Apparently there was a great turn out to welcome the cyclists into Tralee for the Cycle for Suicide! I wasn't able to get up to Mounthawk due to work, but my parents were there and said it was fantastic. They are putting up three of the participants tonight in their house.
    https://www.facebook.com/CycleAgainstSuicide?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Fair play to them. That was a tough slog from Limerick in that wind.

Anyone try out Quarters at the weekend? Heard it was jointed

Anyone try out Quarters at the weekend? Heard it was jointed

nope, I wasn't there, but heard the queue was pretty long to get in! Seemed like a busy weekend around. Benners looked to be busy in the bar, Quarters re-opened. I think the NiteJar was due to re-open, but not sure if they did.

What was the cover charge over the weekend?

What was the cover charge over the weekend?

€10 I was told. They also had a live band playing

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

has anyone been watching 'Ireland's Paramedics' on TV3? just been watching a repeat of it on 3e & one of the paramedics is very familiar, I'm sure he is from Tralee! Does anyone know?

Yea- was he in the Gaelcholaiste in late 90's? I think he's a kerry man too :-)

koriko wrote: »
    Yea- was he in the Gaelcholaiste in late 90's? I think he's a kerry man too :-)

was he in Gaelcholaiste? so was I, well until 1995, but I still can't place him! I knew he was from Tralee anyway!

Was anyone in Benners at the weekend? it seemed to be busy in the bar when I passed by. Hopefully going out for a drink or two at weekend, so might head in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

What's the bar in the Ashe hotel like? Is it a bar you'd head to on a weekend night?

My sister was in Benners on Friday night and said it was lively.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement