Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So does it mean the regionals are basically being moved from Portlaoise to Tralee & they will do that here in the one week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Billy and I have the same views on the extension of the Rose festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    So does it mean the regionals are basically being moved from Portlaoise to Tralee & they will do that here in the one week?

I think they mean eliminating qualifiers and all 70 centres get a place in the finals over 3 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

kn wrote: »
    I think they mean eliminating qualifiers and all 70 centres get a place in the finals over 3 nights.

Qualifiers still exist, they are just removing the final qualifier from Portlaoise...I wonder how many will be shown on tv, it says 70 but I imagine a good share of them will be "eliminated" before it gets to the final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

With the extended festival it will be interesting to see what entertainment they would have on

Nathan Carter 7 nights of the week in the new Fels Point Events Centre :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

siblers wrote: »
    Qualifiers still exist, they are just removing the final qualifier from Portlaoise...I wonder how many will be shown on tv, it says 70 but I imagine a good share of them will be "eliminated" before it gets to the final round.

yeah sorry I meant the final qualifier, not the ones to pick each rose!
    Which by the way, the Kerry rose was picked on Saturday night. http://traleetoday.ie/tough-12-months-but-now-rose-julett-looks-to-the-future/

With the extended festival it will be interesting to see what entertainment they would have on

Nathan Carter 7 nights of the week in the new Fels Point Events Centre :D

If they ever make me a mod.... Im coming for you!
    :)

Wang King wrote: »
    If they ever make me a mod.... Im coming for you!
    :)

He would be singing Wagon Wheel backwards by the end of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

heya Im hoping someone from Tralee might be able to help me,
    do ye know of anyone going to Galway that might collect a sports bag for me I left it after me in the Maldron in Oranmore when I stayed there at the weekend,I thought one of the kids had brought it but not Im afraid,I rang the hotel and they said it would be v expensive to post it,expensive or too much trouble im not sure which! but if any of ye could help me out Iwould be really grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

Fastway will collect it for e5-e8 and drop it direct to you.

• Advertisement

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    Fastway will collect it for e5-e8 and drop it direct to you.

Fastway don't collect, tried it before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

do ye know of anyone going to Galway that might collect a sports bag for me I left it after me in the Maldron in Oranmore when I stayed there at the weekend,I thought one of the kids had brought it but not Im afraid,I rang the hotel and they said it would be v expensive to post it,expensive or too much trouble im not sure which! but if any of ye could help me out Iwould be really grateful

Would they put it in a parcel motel for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There are quite a few couriers who will collect it from the hotel
    http://www.kerry-couriers.ie/
    http://www.citypostparcel.ie/
    http://www.dhl.ie/en/express/shipping/collection.html

You could also try NUIG or GMIT forum in the Education section, must be some Kerry students who will be coming down sometime soon

Have you asked the hotel if they will organise a courier to pick it up? They would most likely have dealings with couriers, so they could organise from their side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

Fastway don't collect, tried it before

not true

Flood wrote: »
    not true

According to them it is. Their book of tickets is for the sender only, that's what they told me when I tried to get something picked up from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Something for the ladies on here.............and girly men as well of couse........ :)

http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/classic-hair-and-nails-studio

not true

Could you perhaps add to that & let us know how it works with Fastways?

I dont use Fastways website, I deal direct with a driver. If that person that left the bag in Galway cannot get anyone I can get it picked up and sent. Needn't pay till you get it. €10 would be what they charge.

I dont use Fastways website, I deal direct with a driver. If that person that left the bag in Galway cannot get anyone I can get it picked up and sent. Needn't pay till you get it. €10 would be what they charge.

So it's not a Fastway pick up, its the driver doing a nixer

• Advertisement

So it's not a Fastway pick up, its the driver doing a nixer

No it goes through the fastway system.

If Siobhan hasn't got sorted yet, maybe she could PM you for contact details?

If Siobhan hasn't got sorted yet, maybe she could PM you for contact details?

No problem, be happy to help.

Probably Parcel connect,
    Any shop has prepaid labels, they can only be attached to goods going out, there is no allowance for pickups in other locations as you cannot attach your tag to the goods

Probably Parcel connect,
    Any shop has prepaid labels, they can only be attached to goods going out, there is no allowance for pickups in other locations as you cannot attach your tag to the goods

I noticed Parcel connect on their website, so maybe that's it. We have to buy a prepaid labels booklet in our business.

I noticed Parcel connect on their website, so maybe that's it. We have to buy a prepaid labels booklet in our business.

Yeah, that's why they can't do a collection. Its completely sender based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

I have Fastway collect all over the country for the company I work for every day Mon-Friday so I'm afraid you are incorrect Wang King.
    Maybe they don't offer that service to general public.... But can't the hotel organise it for the lady and pay them the cost by card over the phone if she wishes.

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    I have Fastway collect all over the country for the company I work for every day Mon-Friday so I'm afraid you are incorrect Wang King.
    Maybe they don't offer that service to general public.... But can't the hotel organise it for the lady and pay them the cost by card over the phone if she wishes.

Fastways prepaid business tickets mean that this can't be done. Actually had this discussion with their driver before, even offered to send my tickets to the collection point and he said no, that the tickets are for the business that buys them only (possibly because its a franchise) the parcel post section may be the ones responsible for what you are suggesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

That's possibly the first article on that website that's isn't text interspersed in a load of ads.

I remember fttc took about 5 years to get to Kerry, the install jobs going to the house is going to be huge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement