Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

Wang King wrote: »
    Fastways prepaid business tickets mean that this can't be done. Actually had this discussion with their driver before, even offered to send my tickets to the collection point and he said no, that the tickets are for the business that buys them only (possibly because its a franchise) the parcel post section may be the ones responsible for what you are suggesting

Ok then I must be going mad and the 10/15 collections I get every week aren't really coming back to me!
    Of course your right,what was I thinking!
    I have a prepaid collection booklet. Manifest with the collection stickers attached to it.Give manifest with stickers to the driver when he's taking the deliveries or dropping back the collections. It's always been the way,long before I arrived and will be long after.
    So in short you are wrong,it can be done!
    The only unknown is whether it's an option for private customers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Maybe someone can get onto Fastways & find out for sure, rather than this back & forth & getting nowhere posts? not really anything to do with the thread so lets leave it at that for now. If Siobhan needs more info she can either contact Fastways herself or another company. Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    Ok then I must be going mad and the 10/15 collections I get every week aren't really coming back to me!
    Of course your right,what was I thinking!
    I have a prepaid collection booklet. Manifest with the collection stickers attached to it.Give manifest with stickers to the driver when he's taking the deliveries or dropping back the collections. It's always been the way,long before I arrived and will be long after.
    So in short you are wrong,it can be done!
    The only unknown is whether it's an option for private customers.

Can only tell you what the driver told me and why he couldn't do a pick up. I'm in business too and use other more accommodating couriers for my needs.
    Anyway, I'm out of this as its not going anywhere, wish you the best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

To be fair I wouldn't have offered Fastway as a solution to the ladies problem if I didn't know they offered the service for certain.
    Argument was not started by me.
    Last time I'll try and be helpful on this thread.
    Over and out!

Not arguing with you, you'll only drag me down to your level and beat me with experience
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

To be fair I wouldn't have offered Fastway as a solution to the ladies problem if I didn't know they offered the service for certain.
    Argument was not started by me.
    Over and out!

no one said you weren't being helpful and it wasn't an argument! lets not get all over dramatic about it all or who was right & who is wrong!
    Lets leave it at that now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

Probably Parcel connect,
    Any shop has prepaid labels, they can only be attached to goods going out, there is no allowance for pickups in other locations as you cannot attach your tag to the goods
    Yeah, that's why they can't do a collection. Its completely sender based
    Fastways prepaid business tickets mean that this can't be done. Actually had this discussion with their driver before, even offered to send my tickets to the collection point and he said no, that the tickets are for the business that buys them only (possibly because its a franchise) the parcel post section may be the ones responsible for what you are suggesting

Wrong on all three statements there, you haven't a clue.

Flood wrote: »
    Wrong on all three statements there, you haven't a clue.

Can we drop this subject now, as requested twice already!? Thanks! MOD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

Over and out!

Me too.

If I have offended anyone's delicate sensibilities, I apologise from the bottom of my heart,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1TzLR2tYc

• Advertisement

seriously....grow up lads, its getting really boring now!

good to see that the KDYS is getting funding for some repair & upgrade works
    http://traleetoday.ie/over-e47000-allocated-for-kdys-youth-centre-in-denny-street/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I remember fttc took about 5 years to get to Kerry, the install jobs going to the house is going to be huge

Exactly, and that's why fibre to the building will be limited to urban streets and estates with the required density to make it economical. If you live in a one-off house on the outskirts of town/village, you can forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I think the ESB/Vodafone 100mb offer is coming to town soon and as its coming over the ESB line your not going to need a landline to avail of it.

kn wrote: »
    I think the ESB/Vodafone 100mb offer is coming to town soon and as its coming over the ESB line your not going to need a landline to avail of it.

Yeah, we should see both Eircom and ESB/Vodafone rolling out 1Gb fibre here before the end of the year. The ESB/Vodafone plan is to run the fibre along ESB poles and ducting but there'll still be a fair amount of work involved.

Both have indicated that they won't run fibre along any individual street until a certain minimum proportion of premises have signed up so there's no guarantee anyone will be able to avail of it unless you have equally enthusiastic neighbours!

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, we should see both Eircom and ESB/Vodafone rolling out 1Gb fibre here before the end of the year. The ESB/Vodafone plan is to run the fibre along ESB poles and ducting but there'll still be a fair amount of work involved.

Both have indicated that they won't run fibre along any individual street until a certain minimum proportion of premises have signed up so there's no guarantee anyone will be able to avail of it unless you have equally enthusiastic neighbours!

We might be waiting then because how many people are going to sign up to a maybe we'll install it, or maybe not?

I read in an Irish Indo article suggesting that the price for SIRO could be anywhere between €40-90/month. They are not going to get many residential customers at that price. Anyone willing to pay that kind of would get their internet as part of a tv/phone package.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/woman-robbed-after-being-followed-from-atm-in-tralee-town-centre/

This one is interesting. The only shops with elevators that I can think of off hand are Penney's (most likely considering its location) and Guiney's.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/woman-robbed-after-being-followed-from-atm-in-tralee-town-centre/

This one is interesting. The only shops with elevators that I can think of off hand are Penney's (most likely considering its location) and Guiney's.

Shaws have one also as do CH & Heatons

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Although not in the town center-
    Manor shopping center has one :-)

no offence to the poor woman, but why would she leave her purse in the buggy knowing its got that much money in it and worried someone was watching her!? I'd be keeping it safer than that!

• Advertisement

We might be waiting then because how many people are going to sign up to a maybe we'll install it, or maybe not?

I read in an Irish Indo article suggesting that the price for SIRO could be anywhere between €40-90/month. They are not going to get many residential customers at that price. Anyone willing to pay that kind of would get their internet as part of a tv/phone package.

It might be useful for people considering the possibility of installing fibre to register their interest with Siro here: http://siro.ie/towns/tralee-fibre-to-the-building/

I would expect that there will be some pricing premium for this over-and-above the standard VDSL product we have now (Eircom's so-called eFibre) but at the same time they have to make it attractive to sign-up sufficient numbers and Vodafone will want to move their own customers off Eircom's network and onto theirs.

In reality what you will be getting is a complete package as it will include some sort of telephony service (depending on what provider you purchase it from) and also TV service (Vodafone has indicated an intention to follow Eircom's lead with eVision and launch their own subscription TV service).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anybody tell me what game is on in the stadium today?

Decent crowd heading in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anybody tell me what game is on in the stadium today?

Decent crowd heading in there now

Senior Club Championship Semi Finals

Dr Crokes V Rathmore

Austin Stacks V Dingle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Does anybody know if BioAtlantis have moved out of the technology park and into the old Amann building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Does anybody know if BioAtlantis have moved out of the technology park and into the old Amann building?

They have

I just saw a job advert on FB for bar & waiting staff for a 'new' bar opening in the Square, to be named 'No.4 on the Square Bar & Bistro'.....where is this?? could it be The Nightjar changing names...again?

http://ie.indeed.com/cmp/No.-4-On-The-Square-Bar-&-Bistro/jobs/Experienced-Bar-Waiting-Staff-3bbf68206ce3ce36

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Hey, does anyone know if the multi story car park near the small tescos be busy in the mornings? need to find a place to park all day around there.

Thanks.

Hey, does anyone know if the multi story car park near the small tescos be busy in the mornings? need to find a place to park all day around there.

Thanks.

Brandon car park would be much cheaper.

Brandon car park would be much cheaper.

Parklands multi-story, beside Tesco, is €4 per day. Is the Brandon daily rate €3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Can confirm, the Brandon was €3. Thanks for the advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement