Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Can confirm, the Brandon was €3. Thanks for the advice.

Seems to be really cheap for all day parking all of a large blanket from the Town Centre.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    Seems to be really cheap for all day parking all of a large blanket from the Town Centre.

It only applies to the southern half of the car park away from the town centre. The other half of the car park has an hourly rate of 60c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Does the car park at Buy Lo close at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Does the car park at Buy Lo close at night?

Doesn't seem to as I've past through there in the evenings. However its probably not the most secure of locations although its OK by daytime I'd imagine. Parking by Aldi might be another alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Need to get two front tyres, anyone recommend a place in town that won't try fleece me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

stuba wrote: »
    Need to get two front tyres, anyone recommend a place in town that won't try fleece me?

Tyrestop in the mart

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

stuba wrote: »

+1 would recommend Tyrestop up by the Mart too

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Cheers lads, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Just saw the most wonderful bearded fella in town about an hour ago, beardage that had to be applauded and given a massive thumbs up

ps, vote yes tomorrow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Please make sure to VOTE today...whichever way you choose to vote, just do it! Polling stations are open until 10pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Please make sure to VOTE today...whichever way you choose to vote, just do it! Polling stations are open until 10pm!

Jesus if I hear this again today:mad:

Should people not always vote anyway, without having to be told?

When the country was on the brink in 2011, I cant remember loads of people saying "make sure you vote, no matter which way" during the general election. It is because this is a "cool" referendum I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

BPKS wrote: »
    Jesus if I hear this again today:mad:

Should people not always vote anyway, without having to be told?

When the country was on the brink in 2011, I cant remember loads of people saying "make sure you vote, no matter which way" during the general election. It is because this is a "cool" referendum I wonder?
    People should always vote of course. Referendums are usually not as well turned out as general/ local elections but I think this particular referendum is very applicable to a lot of people. So it's even more important to get up off our bums and make our vote count. Instead of liking and sharing opinions on Facebook I think Ciarrai76 means people should vote aswel! Got lazy myself but I still went out to show my support to the Yes to equality side!! Dunno if I would've been so dedicated if it was a local election..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'm delighted this referendum is over now - was getting well sick of being told to vote and to vote yes - I am confused though how does this make everyone equal? there is inequality in a lot of places if you look hard enough - I really don't think if (and it looks like) the Yes side win that the lads who like to punch and make fun of gay people will stop because of this vote and everyone is equal. I think it's going to take a fair bit of education and probably a few generations before being gay is readily accepted.

and just to keep it in the Tralee topic - I saw a few kids from moyderwell primary school coming home from school yesterday - must have been a tough day for them :-) I'd day most of the primary schools were off yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

bobdcow wrote: »
    and just to keep it in the Tralee topic - I saw a few kids from moyderwell primary school coming home from school yesterday - must have been a tough day for them :-) I'd day most of the primary schools were off yesterday?

I'm sure the teachers took it easy in them!

will the secondary schools will be finishing up this week? Exam time the week after...which can only mean one thing....SUNSHINE!! ;)

Tralee today had the grad pics from gaelcholaiste on the site today so if they are not finished now must be in the coming days, is there usually a week or so break before the exams start?

bobdcow wrote: »
    Tralee today had the grad pics from gaelcholaiste on the site today so if they are not finished now must be in the coming days, is there usually a week or so break before the exams start?

not sure, I must ask my sister as my nephew is in Gaelcholaiste, just finishing 1st year!! I feel so old :( I still forget I finished school 20 years ago...certainly doesn't feel that long ago! Insane!

looked up the examinations website it says Written Exams are starting on the 3rd of June which is a Wednesday (think it was always a Wednesday!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I have a bunch of old video tapes at home, anyone know where l can dispose them somewhere or if someone would want/need them??

I have a bunch of old video tapes at home, anyone know where l can dispose them somewhere or if someone would want/need them??

Are they originals? If so a charity shop would take them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

No ones used to tape corrie etc for the parents :/

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

No ones used to tape corrie etc for the parents :/

Throw them up on Adverts in the free section, someone might take them.

anyone know what's going into the 'Lee Strand' Centre Point Building across from Train station? There seems to be a lot of work going on in the ground floor and 1st floor the past few weeks and they were still in there working at 10.30pm tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

anyone know what's going into the 'Lee Strand' Centre Point Building across from Train station? There seems to be a lot of work going on in the ground floor and 1st floor the past few weeks and they were still in there working at 10.30pm tonight!

About time something was done to the place, its a bloody eyesore!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Maybe another restaurant??

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Apparently its Kerry ETB Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I see a lot more Tourists around town at the moment, its a pity more shops don't open later into the evenings as is the case in Killarney. If Tralee is to be serious about Tourism they need to start catering for them in the town centre shopping. Of course Manor opens late.
    When will the Tourist kiosk be open again - That's a great facility bang in the centre of town run purely by Volunteers - Well done to them!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement