Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kimbaines wrote: »
    I see a lot more Tourists around town at the moment, its a pity more shops don't open later into the evenings as is the case in Killarney. If Tralee is to be serious about Tourism they need to start catering for them in the town centre shopping. Of course Manor opens late.
    When will the Tourist kiosk be open again - That's a great facility bang in the centre of town run purely by Volunteers - Well done to them!

It would be nice to see more shops open in the evenings during the summer months, although they do on Friday evenings, just not very many. To be fair though, town is extremely quiet after 6pm during the week & it wouldn't pay a business to stay open at the moment. But with more tourists around it is hopefully something that will happen.

Does anyone know what the outcome of that shoppers meeting a month or two back? I heard very little about it since. It would be an interesting report to read.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Not sure why they need to do this!? Not that I'll be going anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Was in killarney last night. Place was absolutely bopping. 10 different pubs, all packed to the doors.

My friend was in the abbey in tralee. Said there was about 20 people there...

I don't know how they do it. But there is such a huge difference in nightlife

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Was in killarney last night. Place was absolutely bopping. 10 different pubs, all packed to the doors.

My friend was in the abbey in tralee. Said there was about 20 people there...

I don't know how they do it. But there is such a huge difference in nightlife

Because they put on events people want to see. Biker fest is on this weekend and it is packed there!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Was in town today and that tourist kiosk was open and manned.

The bikefest is in the Breton/glen eagle car park plus a tattoo convention in the glen eagle itself

K fest in killorglin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

bobdcow wrote: »
    Was in town today and that tourist kiosk was open and manned.

The bikefest is in the Breton/glen eagle car park plus a tattoo convention in the glen eagle itself

K fest in killorglin

And you have Horse Racing in Listowel, and Writers Week.

Tralee seems happy to have the pubs open, and hope the crowds will flock for that!

A bit of imagination need to be used by The Tralee business people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Because they put on events people want to see. Biker fest is on this weekend and it is packed there!

You could go to Killarney on a Saturday night in February and the place would still be fairly busy. There's just more variety there really and the way Killarney is laid out, all the busy premises are on the same street, Tralee is very staggered the way the pubs are spread out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Not sure why they need to do this!? Not that I'll be going anyway!

So they can charge in again?

So they can charge in again?

not sure they will, but who knows!

Has the Quarters Nightclub been busy since it opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

It sounds like the plan of stretching the rose of Tralee to a week long festival is Tralee's answer to it. Clutching at straws- I think that will be too long and will run the success it already is. Instead generate new ideas and a different festival at a different time of the year perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

siblers wrote: »
    Tralee is very staggered the way the pubs are spread out.

That's the effect of the demon drink for you!! :)

How about we introduce prohibition in Tralee just to be different, think of all the religious tourism we would get! The Saudis might even move their embassy down here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anywhere in tralee buy books? I have a good few I want to get rid of.

If not, charity gets them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Someone told me that charities won't take them but honestly don't believe that they don't. I'd say take them to a charity or sell them on yourself. There use to be a second hand shop in Tralee but seemed to have closed down. Other option if there is a car boot sale or local sale on like that. The ITT often have book sales on for charity I think sometimes so might be worth enquiring when they have that on usually early in the term or early in the new year. Selling online might be your best bet if you haven't many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

There's the Lesotho shop in the Tralee shopping center, they'll take books as will Sue Ryder's in Rock st

I don't know if anywhere actually buy them off you, I'm pretty sure the Lesotho shop in the shopping centre don't buy them as they are a charity run shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Library will also take books.

Does anybody know what time Tesco in Manor is open until tonight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

11pm according to the Manor West website.

siblers wrote: »
    11pm according to the Manor West website.
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Not much room there to throw a few shapes

• Advertisement

Not much room there to throw a few shapes

And acrowd of kids there from the looks of things- maybe that's just me feeling old when I see the young faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's a bit further afield, but 'The Dungeon" in Killarney buys second hand books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone know where I can pick up a tax/insurance disc holder for my car in Tralee? My old one has disintegrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can pick up a tax/insurance disc holder for my car in Tralee? My old one has disintegrated.

I got one recently in Halfords out in Manor, it was five or six quid I think, and they had them in white and black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Call into your insurance company and they will give you one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Call to Kingdom fast fit in boherbee...they will put it on the windscreen for u :-)

Call into your insurance company and they will give you one.

Yep that's what I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Hi everybody,

I hope you could help me out a bit. I'm moving out to Kerry for work. I was wondering if the area around Stacks Villas is ok for a family (dad + mom + a baby)? There are a few houses up on Daft in that area and nearby. I've never been to Tralee, so have no idea of which parts of town are full of students, families, etc. Thanks for any insight.

• Advertisement

Stacks Villas is a pretty old estate in town, no students living there. Be warned, there would be 2 large primary schools on your doorstep so traffic is absolutely manic in the mornings around there and there is little to no parking. What part of town will you be working in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement