Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Thanks for the info, so off-street parking would be necessary... Actually I'll be working in Killarney, but I really need a house w/ yard (we have a dog and cat), and there just isn't anything in or around Killarney that is pets allowed and not beyond our budget. The wife doesn't drive, so we also want to be in town or within walking distance of a village or town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Thanks for the info, so off-street parking would be necessary... Actually I'll be working in Killarney, but I really need a house w/ yard (we have a dog and cat), and there just isn't anything in or around Killarney that is pets allowed and not beyond our budget. The wife doesn't drive, so we also want to be in town or within walking distance of a village or town centre.

I don't know what your budget is but Oakview village is a good option for young families. A lot of young professionals work there and there's a creche in the estate that's highly regarded. About 5 minutes walk from town. Most of the houses are average sized 3 bedroom houses.

From what I see on Daft, Oakview Village is a bit more than what I'd want to spend - seems that's more 700-800, where I'm looking really 650 max hopefully. There's this nearby http://www.daft.ie/lettings/meadowlands-estate-meadowlands-tralee-kerry/1488964/ and there's also this http://www.daft.ie/lettings/oakview-tralee-kerry/1558123/ . Both a bit Spartan in terms of furnishing and neither mentions pets, but still seem good enough and suitable for us. Are those areas ok?

From what I see on Daft, Oakview Village is a bit more than what I'd want to spend - seems that's more 700-800, where I'm looking really 650 max hopefully. There's this nearby http://www.daft.ie/lettings/meadowlands-estate-meadowlands-tralee-kerry/1488964/ and there's also this http://www.daft.ie/lettings/oakview-tralee-kerry/1558123/ . Both a bit Spartan in terms of furnishing and neither mentions pets, but still seem good enough and suitable for us. Are those areas ok?
    To the best of my knowledge they are both grand areas. You'll have to leave early to get to the killarney Road in the mornings, Tralee is gridlocked from 8.30 am onwards on school mornings

Thanks a million xxyyzz for the quick responses. Luckily I work from home in the mornings, so should be able to skip the school rush most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks a million xxyyzz for the quick responses. Luckily I work from home in the mornings, so should be able to skip the school rush most of the time.

It can be a bit daunting looking online & not knowing the areas etc. It would be a good idea to get in touch with local estate agents in Tralee, or even in Killarney and see what they have on their books in your price range. They can also advise you on the area etc.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It can be a bit daunting looking online & not knowing the areas etc. It would be a good idea to get in touch with local estate agents in Tralee, or even in Killarney and see what they have on their books in your price range. They can also advise you on the area etc.

Have spoken with a few over the phone, but most are generally not terribly helpful... Lots of "I'll check with the landlord", "I'll have the agent call you when he gets in", "let me take your details and I'll give you a ring later" and never hear back. Sigh...

I'll try a few agencies in person next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Have spoken with a few over the phone, but most are generally not terribly helpful... Lots of "I'll check with the landlord", "I'll have the agent call you when he gets in", "let me take your details and I'll give you a ring later" and never hear back. Sigh...

I'll try a few agencies in person next week.

The local newspaper in Killarney always has dozens of houses in it that aren't on daft for some reason.

The gf used to live in Killarney and she found both houses there. Both she found in the local paper, neither were advertised online at all...

Definitely worth a look

The local newspaper in Killarney always has dozens of houses in it that aren't on daft for some reason.

The gf used to live in Killarney and she found both houses there. Both she found in the local paper, neither were advertised online at all...

Definitely worth a look

Funny you mentioned that because I just found out about the paper yesterday. I'll be going through the ads tomorrow to see if I can find anything. Thanks for the info, glad to know that it has worked for others :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

A man from Tralee won €390,000 yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

murdig wrote: »
    A man from Tralee won €390,000 yesterday!!

Congrats;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Very good congrats..
    what he win it on..ggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Can I make this a dating thread for a second :)

I have a bichon frise that is in heat and I'm looking for a partner (good looking male ;)) for herself.

If you can help please drop me a line. Pup offered in return of service.

No.4 on the Square has opened (formerly the NightJar, formerly Ruairis!). From what I've heard already, it is fab in there, really cool retro decor, a whiskey bar upstairs and good food. Its tempting me in! :)

this is their FB page https://www.facebook.com/4onthesquare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No.4 on the Square has opened (formerly the NightJar, formerly Ruairis!). From what I've heard already, it is fab in there, really cool retro decor, a whiskey bar upstairs and good food. Its tempting me in! :)

this is their FB page https://www.facebook.com/4onthesquare

Is this under new management / ownership?

Is this under new management / ownership?

yes & no!! ;)

yes & no!! ;)

Famous ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Famous ☺

If that's the case, I'll give it a miss

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Famous ☺

this is what I've been told! Aileen is still managing the place, so its basically still the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

If that's the case, I'll give it a miss

Same as

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wang King wrote: »
    Same as

That'll be a miss for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Why the dislike???

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Why the dislike???

That question is rather difficult to answer without potentially ending up in the libel courts!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

He's one guy that kept an extremely low profile during the circa 6 years of the bust compared to his profile during the boom. Wife is a lovely lady though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Looking at the FB pics, it looks like it is done up quite well and differently to what is currently on offer in Tralee - seems a welcome addition to the social scene in the town...as long as the customer service is top notch too!

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Paddy Mac's sons do with the old Bailys Corner pub that they are in the midst of opening this summer- one of my favourite pub interiors so I hope they don't alter it too much!

Quackster wrote: »
    That question is rather difficult to answer without potentially ending up in the libel courts!! :D

exactly, best not to say too much! You only have to ask a few locals & you will get the story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Work going on in old McCowens yard this eve on Edward St..

• Advertisement

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Work going on in old McCowens yard this eve on Edward St..

that was earmarked for a new Lidl, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Wonder if its just being cleared up or something is happening with it after all? I don't see the point in Lidl moving in there, no need for another store!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement