Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    that was earmarked for a new Lidl, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Wonder if its just being cleared up or something is happening with it after all? I don't see the point in Lidl moving in there, no need for another store!

Had heard that before alright.. Place needed a clean up anyway if that's all it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently a man was assaulted with an iron bar in the early hours of the morning. He is fine according to reports.

Good to see this place re opening,

http://traleetoday.ie/caherslee-petrol-station/

Also a bit of work going on at Topaz in Mounthawk,wonder whats the story there,a new shop entrance maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good to see this place re opening,

http://traleetoday.ie/caherslee-petrol-station/

Also a bit of work going on at Topaz in Mounthawk,wonder whats the story there,a new shop entrance maybe?

All the shops within Topaz garages are being given a new brand name called ReStore so I expect that's what's happening here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If anyone here has kids and want to send them to a summer camp, here is one which is 'as Gaeilge'!

"Summer sports camp as Gaeilge for children aged 5-13 years.Two camps start on the 6th of July 2015 and 13th of July 2015" http://gaelchampa.ie/

There will be horse & pony racing in Ballybeggan on June 27-28. Great to see it will be on again! http://traleetoday.ie/fun-fashion-and-great-racing-returns-to-ballybeggan/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Hodor from "Game of Thrones" will be DJ-ing in Quarters next month :):)

Wang King wrote: »
    Hodor from "Game of Thrones" will be DJ-ing in Quarters next month :):)

I don't watch GOT so haven't a clue who he/she is! :rolleyes:

Turns out it was the vet Richard Hurley who was viciously attacked in St Brendan's road. Gardai think it may have been a case of mistaken identity! The Poor man.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't watch GOT so haven't a clue who he/she is! :rolleyes:

He's a Northern Ireland actor who plays the protector of a crippled child, character is 6'11 and simple minded
    You should watch it, swordplay, sex, drinking, incest, murder, betrayal, its like a traveller wedding

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

that was earmarked for a new Lidl, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Wonder if its just being cleared up or something is happening with it after all? I don't see the point in Lidl moving in there, no need for another store!

I believe they were just securing the site. Can't be too careful in this litigious society! I can't recall any planning application for this site in the past few years.

Rumours about Lidl were only ever rumours. There was never any indication that Lidl had intentions for another store in Tralee. I'd foresee the town getting a third Aldi before getting a second Lidl.

There was a bit of a clear up going on in the closed down Dunnes in the mall this morning, had a look inside and its fairly dilapated

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wang King wrote: »
    There was a bit of a clear up going on in the closed down Dunnes in the mall this morning, had a look inside and its fairly dilapated

Such a shame to see it empty. I was working in the town centre for a few years in the mid naughties and found the grocery store there very handy.

Would be put to use in the morning by some other retailer but Dunnes have a policy of deliberately sitting on their vacant properties.

If only we had a clued-in government that would legislate some CPO mechanism for vacant commercial property...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I head out to Killarney a few days a week for work - once you go past Farranfore approx half way to Killarney there are Campers in someones front garden and around the side, what's the story there does anyone know? is he selling them? fixing them? they seem to move around quite a lot, from the front to the side and then they are gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

bobdcow wrote:
    I head out to Killarney a few days a week for work - once you go past Farranfore approx half way to Killarney there are Campers in someones front garden and around the side, what's the story there does anyone know? is he selling them? fixing them? they seem to move around quite a lot, from the front to the side and then they are gone!

Yep, they sell them. And sell a good few of em!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Yes he does sell those campers, a friend of mine inquired to buy one off him, pity they couldn't strike a deal, I was looking forward to borrowing it :D

I can't get over the rotation at the front, I was convinced he was repairing them and just storing them out the front. I did see a few For Sale signs on 1 or 2. Fair play to him, looks like he is doing well.

Wouldn't mind getting a camper myself!!

Christy Moore coming to Ballyroe in August :D

Anyone head down to Feile na mBláth? My better half went down yesterday and said there was a decent crowd down in the park. Seems to be a good set up but I can't help wondering would it have been better at the last bank holiday weekend?

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    Anyone head down to Feile na mBláth? My better half went down yesterday and said there was a decent crowd down in the park. Seems to be a good set up but I can't help wondering would it have been better at the last bank holiday weekend?

During the wind and rain?
    :)

:-) forgot about that :-)

Christy Moore coming to Ballyroe in August :D

Really? Where did you see that announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

it may have been a case of mistaken identity! OR it may not.

Really? Where did you see that announced?

Ballyroe's Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Turns out it was the vet Richard Hurley who was viciously attacked in St Brendan's road. Gardai think it may have been a case of mistaken identity! The Poor man.
    440Hz wrote: »
    Creating a new Tralee thread to remove the poll and tidy things up a bit. The old thread can still be searched, but is now closed for posting. I will copy the last few pages to this new thread.

How do we locate postings on the OLD thread.

In particular relating to this incident

Tralee house sealed off after death of man
    Sunday, January 20th, 2013 at 10:13 am.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/tralee-house-sealed-off-after-death-of-man/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

amadain wrote: »

Are the two incidents not on opposite sides of the street though?

Are the two incidents not on opposite sides of the street though?

House is owned by said individual.

amadain wrote: »

To find an old post just use the search option, maybe the advanced search so you can put in dates.

But how is that incident relevant? it was 2 years ago and nothing to do with this particular one, apart from the fact Mr. Hurley owns the property he was renting from. And it was an accidental death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Friend of mine is coming to dingle and wants to see Fungi.

I haven't a clue of the specifics. Do you just drive to dingle and look for adverts for boats or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement