Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Friend of mine is coming to dingle and wants to see Fungi.

I haven't a clue of the specifics. Do you just drive to dingle and look for adverts for boats or what?

I think Fungi is in a nursing home considering his old age at this point...........

http://www.dingledolphin.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Friend of mine is coming to dingle and wants to see Fungi.

I haven't a clue of the specifics. Do you just drive to dingle and look for adverts for boats or what?

There is an office at the Marina that you just go in and pay for a boat trip. There are loads of boats going out, so you just book in for when the next available one goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Great thanks. Whereabouts in the marina?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's not a big marina, won't be hard to find

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There have been a few businesses broken into in the past week apparently. According to Traleetoday.ie Barberelie in Bridge street, Topaz in Mounthawk, Mitchels clubhouse in JJ Sheehy road, twice & both times alcohol was taken from bar! And Walter Lyons's shop window was smashed with a rock. Its a Bit worrying for business owners.

http://traleetoday.ie/thieves-steal-alcohol-in-two-break-ins-at-john-mitchels-gaa-premises/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

A bit off topic but booked a flight down from Dublin for Wednesday evening with Aer Lingus. Will I need to print a boarding pass/check in online or will the confirmation email suffice? It's a bit unclear on the email and website. One says all you need is confirmation email and photo ID the other says its not a valid boarding pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone know if Mary Anne's tearooms have reopened. Last time I was in Tralee it had closed due to a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

jos28 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Mary Anne's tearooms have reopened. Last time I was in Tralee it had closed due to a fire.

Friend of mine was in there at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ta very much Siblers. Going to Tralee with the wimmin this weekend so that's breakfast sorted !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

stuba wrote: »
    A bit off topic but booked a flight down from Dublin for Wednesday evening with Aer Lingus. Will I need to print a boarding pass/check in online or will the confirmation email suffice? It's a bit unclear on the email and website. One says all you need is confirmation email and photo ID the other says its not a valid boarding pass.

Print the boarding pass, Ryanair insist on it for all internal flights, aer lingus prob do also, it only takes 2 mins to print, better safe than sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was in the hospital recently visiting a relative,seems to be a bit of work going on at the back of it,any idea what they are building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Was in the hospital recently visiting a relative,seems to be a bit of work going on at the back of it,any idea what they are building?
    Cryogenic storage facility for people waiting to access the A&E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Would any of you know if there is any place around Kerry that rents pole pruners/telescopic chainsaws? Something like this: http://www.azhire.ie/documents/3344576WhyBuy_STIHL_PolePruners.pdf

Is it the extension to Pallative Care possibly? I think they are adding on bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Cryogenic storage facility for people waiting to access the A&E

Ah my relative was only waiting 12 hours for a bed !!!

Wang King wrote: »
    Stephen revealed that the man’s abuse left him feeling resentment towards Joanne, who was born with the condition Tetra-amelia syndrome, for the first time in his life.
    “It was the first time in my life that I looked at Joanne and thought because of your disability you’ve put me in this position and I resent you for who you are.

Is that piece a bit melodramatic or what? Makes you wonder about her brothers mental state!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Would any of you know if there is any place around Kerry that rents pole pruners/telescopic chainsaws? Something like this: http://www.azhire.ie/documents/3344576WhyBuy_STIHL_PolePruners.pdf

Feale Valley Plant hire in Fossa/Beaufort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kn wrote: »
    Is that piece a bit melodramatic or what? Makes you wonder about her brothers mental state!

It does seem like an unusual reaction alright. I understand his stress but how could he possibly resent her when the situation was caused by other ignorant passengers, particularly the verbally abusive one. This is one of those times you wish someone did actually have a smartphone filming it so the offenders could be shamed online!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

He was on the radio a few days ago and while I get where he is coming from I thought he didn't do himself any justice.

• Advertisement

He was on the radio a few days ago and while I get where he is coming from I thought he didn't do himself any justice.

I wonder if the whole being in the media spotlight because of his sister and shooting that documentary on her has gone to his head a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I wonder if the whole being in the media spotlight because of his sister and shooting that documentary on her has gone to his head a bit too much.

Political correctness be damned, I'm just gonna come out and say it, I find her to be a pain in the arse.

Its going off-topic here lads....

if you want to bring the kiddies to something next weekend, there's the Kilflynn Enchanted Fairy festival on this Sunday! I've heard great reports from last year's one!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kilflynn-Enchanted-Fairy-Festival/474020039396035?fref=ts

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    if you want to bring the kiddies to something this weekend, there's the Kilflynn Enchanted Fairy festival on this Sunday! I've heard great reports from last year's one!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kilflynn-Enchanted-Fairy-Festival/474020039396035?fref=ts

Is it not next week?

Wang King wrote: »
    Is it not next week?

Oh yes sorry so it is. I was told by someone yesterday it was this Sunday, I didn't read the dates on their page!

I didn't realise that the greyhound racing tonight was being shown on RTE2! I turned on the tv with 5 mins left in it! Good to see Tralee stadium being shown on tv again!

anyone spotted the great Guinness mural being painted on the side of the Slieve Mish bar in Boherbee? Its not finished, but its really good. A guy that does security in Penney's is painting it. Looks brilliant.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    anyone spotted the great Guinness mural being painted on the side of the Slieve Mish bar in Boherbee? Its not finished, but its really good. A guy that does security in Penney's is painting it. Looks brilliant.

Saw that and groaned, thought it was tacky as hell, but that's just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It's a little tucked away and you'll only see it as your leaving town, but I think it brightens up that lane way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement