Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

bobdcow wrote: »
    It's a little tucked away and you'll only see it as your leaving town, but I think it brightens up that lane way.

With all the slieve mish clientele standing outside scratching their holes gasping in awe at the bootiful big burd going drinkin de pint

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have heard a good few complaints about No.4 on the Square regarding them refusing anyone in with a tracksuit...during the DAY! I have since read a few complaints on their facebook page with the same issue! Fair enough not allowing tracksuits at night, but you can't refuse people entry for lunch or whatever during the day because they are wearing tracksuits! They also won't allow a hoody to be worn, as someone else told me they were refused in for wearing a hoody!

They must be doing well to be able to refuse customers at this early stage!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I like the comment on the page too by Leechfodder
    :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »
    I like the comment on the page too by Leechfodder
    :)

on what page?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    on what page?

It was at the bottom of the Individual page, on their comments section

It was at the bottom of the Individual page, on their comments section

can't see the comment you mean by 'Leechfodder'?....

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

can't see the comment you mean by 'Leechfodder'?....

Ciarrai 76 - go to post above by quackster- click on link supplied -see comments

Ciarrai 76 - go to post above by quackster- click on link supplied -see comments

oh that link, sorry I thought Wang was talking about the no.4 on the square page! My bad!;)

The Abbey's newest addition to the business is opening tomorrow...'House - Coffee, Eating & public house'
    https://www.facebook.com/012345House

• Advertisement

Some serious changes to be made re the Killarney festival at the weekend, change of venue being sought to bring the crowd down from 36,000 to 5,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Great to see tom mcellistrim elected mayor of tralee, the chain of office will really match his brass neck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great to see tom mcellistrim elected mayor of tralee, the chain of office will really match his brass neck

This is one of those elections that I think would benefit from being a vote by the people rather than by cronies (look what Rudy Giuliani did for New York after 9/11 and his zero tolerance initiatives) it could mean amazing things for towns and cities rather than a role that is an "expenses" generating junket!

I'm very unimpressed to think that in 2015 an "old school" FF'er has become the mayor of our town! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The Quiet man Tom, another disgraceful Kerry politician to add to the list with "Independent" fianna failers the Healy Rae's!

The Abbey's newest addition to the business is opening tomorrow...'House - Coffee, Eating & public house'
    https://www.facebook.com/012345House

There was a survey out at the weekend about towns in Ireland with the highest concentration of fast food outlets. Tralee must surely be tops when it comes to coffee shops!! While I welcome the choice and variety, I really wonder how they all manage to turn a profit!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Some serious changes to be made re the Killarney festival at the weekend, change of venue being sought to bring the crowd down from 36,000 to 5,000

That's some drop in numbers. Holy moley.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Well surprise surprise Killarney has made a bit of a balls up with their latest festival. I heard a rumour that tickets were not selling but i thought thats all it was. I would guess that Killarney will lose its shirt on this festival considering the commitments made to expensive bands etc.
    I know on this thread people are always comparing Tralee to Killarney with Tralee coming out worst. But i really think that Tralee has upped its game in the last few years, The Feile na mBlath Festival being a great example last weekend, no great hype but just a simple effective festival in a great location with something for all ages. In the future we will see the Rose of Tralee extended to a full week with all 72 Roses represented with their families and friends and yet people are giving out about that - Unbelievable!
    I know Killarney is better at Tourism than Tralee but they have to be its 90% of their business, but Tralee is doing alright, its certainly improving especially since Tralee Chamber Alliance came on the scene.
    Its about time people started getting behind their town, started being positive about things and started supporting initiatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

beertons wrote: »
    That's some drop in numbers. Holy moley.

I would have been interested in going but the ticket prices were outlandish.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

kimbaines wrote: »
    Well surprise surprise Killarney has made a bit of a balls up with their latest festival. I heard a rumour that tickets were not selling but i thought thats all it was. I would guess that Killarney will lose its shirt on this festival considering the commitments made to expensive bands etc.
    I know on this thread people are always comparing Tralee to Killarney with Tralee coming out worst. But i really think that Tralee has upped its game in the last few years, The Feile na mBlath Festival being a great example last weekend, no great hype but just a simple effective festival in a great location with something for all ages. In the future we will see the Rose of Tralee extended to a full week with all 72 Roses represented with their families and friends and yet people are giving out about that - Unbelievable!
    I know Killarney is better at Tourism than Tralee but they have to be its 90% of their business, but Tralee is doing alright, its certainly improving especially since Tralee Chamber Alliance came on the scene.
    Its about time people started getting behind their town, started being positive about things and started supporting initiatives.

Not to start a argument here but when you say Killarney messed up,what do you mean by that.This festival did not originate there and was up until this year in Westport.

The people who will lose there shirt are the festival promoters.

We all want to see tourism do well in this country and particularly the southern region and i agree Tralee is improving a lot in the last number of years.

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Not to start a argument here but when you say Killarney messed up,what do you mean by that.This festival did not originate there and was up until this year in Westport.

The people who will lose there shirt are the festival promoters.

We all want to see tourism do well in this country and particularly the southern region and i agree Tralee is improving a lot in the last number of years.

why did the one in Westport end? was it the same festival promoters?

• Advertisement

I have heard a good few complaints about No.4 on the Square regarding them refusing anyone in with a tracksuit...during the DAY! I have since read a few complaints on their facebook page with the same issue! Fair enough not allowing tracksuits at night, but you can't refuse people entry for lunch or whatever during the day because they are wearing tracksuits! They also won't allow a hoody to be worn, as someone else told me they were refused in for wearing a hoody!

They must be doing well to be able to refuse customers at this early stage!

Lads which one is Ciarrai? :)

Ciarrai is definitely a blond - you can tell from the way she posts. :P

haha! funny!

I've not posted a complaint on there, I haven't even been in yet anyway! I see they are doing another competition to try & sweeten people up! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

I have eaten there this week and had a hoody zip up top on.Ok I was wearing jeans,black shoes and a casual shirt.
    While eating I saw a lad in a track suit go up the stairs also....

Nice atmosphere in there.The Decor is very unique.The food was decent.
    My only complaint would be the location of the restaurant on the middle floor with a bar on the bottom floor and top floor.All the way through dinner there were groups of loud girls passing through the restaurant to go to the top bar.For this reason I would not eat there again in the evening time as it's not suited to a proper restaurant experience.Lunch yes though.

I saw the SBP last Sunday contained two Kerry entries for Stubbs Gazette both Tralee related and both judgements are by the Revenue Commissioners. One is for one of the Kirbys listed as a publican for over €40k and the other is for the operator of the Nursing Home next door to the Library for over €20k.

Manor West retail park has been sold to a US investment company for €59million! Annual rent roll is €4million. Tesco and Debenhams must be paying big rents!!

kn wrote: »
    Manor West retail park has been sold to a US investment company for €59million! Annual rent roll is €4million. Tesco and Debenhams must be paying big rents!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/marathon-asset-management-buys-shopping-centre-in-tralee-for-59m-1.2260271

This shows a breakdown of what the main stores pay in rent annually. Boyle Bros will be walking away with a handsome sum!!

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    I have eaten there this week and had a hoody zip up top on.Ok I was wearing jeans,black shoes and a casual shirt.
    While eating I saw a lad in a track suit go up the stairs also....

Nice atmosphere in there.The Decor is very unique.The food was decent.
    My only complaint would be the location of the restaurant on the middle floor with a bar on the bottom floor and top floor.All the way through dinner there were groups of loud girls passing through the restaurant to go to the top bar.For this reason I would not eat there again in the evening time as it's not suited to a proper restaurant experience.Lunch yes though.

I get the impression the dress code will be targeted at certain types who wear tracksuits rather than everyone (which is real discrimination). Good review above. Not sure I'd want to dine out in the evening in a glorified stairwell but I will pop in for a drink or lunch to check it out.....best get the suit dry cleaned!! :p

Radio Kerry's 'Talk About' show are going to be discussing that topic of dress codes in bars & restaurants in today's show!!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement