Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    Manor West retail park has been sold to a US investment company for €59million! Annual rent roll is €4million. Tesco and Debenhams must be paying big rents!!

That sale price of €59 million doesn't even include the Tesco and Debenhams anchor units which were owned by Roches Stores before being sold on recently to the same US investment fund.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Camp trail run on Saturday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Fairy Festival in Kilflynn this weekend too
    ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »
    Fairy Festival in Kilflynn this weekend too
    ;)

1897970_675441972587173_1352422264685415656_n.jpg?oh=443c0cfd7f505e0d0798964d0c0f86b3&oe=562B61FA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Despite my reservations about the proprietor I had lunch in No.4 the square today and, credit where it's due, the food was pretty good and reasonably priced. The service was very good also. It's probably not as good as the roast house but I'd go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

My wife heard that the Head chef from Cassidy's across from the Abbey is the new Chef in No.4 - she enjoys Cassidy's so I'd presume the food is good in No.4

bobdcow wrote: »
    My wife heard that the Head chef from Cassidy's across from the Abbey is the new Chef in No.4 - she enjoys Cassidy's so I'd presume the food is good in No.4

That is correct

bobdcow wrote: »

Yes, the Spanish chef Juan is working in No. 4. He's a very good chef and used to work for Vals before he was in Cassidy's.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yes, the Spanish chef Juan is working in No. 4. He's a very good chef and used to work for Vals before he was in Cassidy's.

Yep, that and Igor on cocktails means I'm in there at the moment on my 5th espresso martini :)

• Advertisement

Yep, that and Igor on cocktails means I'm in there at the moment on my 5th espresso martini :)

Igor is great at cocktails, he also used to work in Vals. I remember the strawberry mojito's well....or maybe not lol :D

Igor is great at cocktails, he also used to work in Vals. I remember the strawberry mojito's well....or maybe not lol :D

I'm home now...... Tomorrow is not! going to be a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Fool me once, shame.....

I'm home now...... Tomorrow is not! going to be a good day

Hopefully you have the day off??

Hopefully you have the day off??

Oh yes indeed :)

amadain wrote: »
    Fool me once, shame.....

??? care to elaborate? :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Only 52 people signed up for the camp trail, got 100 last year. Might be down to runs being everywhere now. Enjoyed today more than last year, even though I was 3 minutes slower. Now for a few pints in Ashes. Heading home tomorrow, but I'll be back down on Saturday for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

??? care to elaborate? :confused:

It's in reference to #4.

Did anyone watch the new True Detective series this week with Tralee man Timothy Murphy in it? Great to see him doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Went back to Kilflynn today, they was a serious crowd there, and they were blessed with the weather.
    There wasnt a whole pile to do or see there though tbh..

• Advertisement

Went back to Kilflynn today, they was a serious crowd there, and they were blessed with the weather.
    There wasnt a whole pile to do or see there though tbh..

It was a fairy trail for kids, went there last night for the parade and their wasn't a single child that didn't have a ball. It's not really aimed at our age group and to the best if knowledge its all voluntary. Perhaps if there was a little council money spent in it they could really push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I think they are great in Kilflynn for organising these things, they had a very successful vintage day recently, and a go kart race day a few months ago which was also a great success.
    Our young lad wasnt overly interested in the whole fairy thing though and we thought there would be more to see other than the fairy trail.
    Horses for courses though, its a very good idea and they certainly got a massive crowd, but we wont be rushing back.
    On another note, we met a family that had been at the Ballybeggan races and were very disappointed with the day after paying €10 in, so its hard to please everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ls there anywhere in Tralee to l could get a dress dyed??

I'm not sure there is anywhere that would do that, I've never heard of anywhere. Maybe ask in the Zip Yard?

You could try Byrnesworth in the square, they have the dylon range of permanent dyes that you use in your washing machine .....great job...or so I hear
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is that the red shop few doors up from Vodafone?

Is that the red shop few doors up from Vodafone?

yes that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kenzedd

Hi guys, I'm here wondering if anybody would know good spots to find samphire in the south of Ireland, near Kerry or Tralee?

kenzedd wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm here wondering if anybody would know good spots to find samphire in the south of Ireland, near Kerry or Tralee?

This has been posted in a thread of its own already in the Kerry forum and on another forum (which as since been moved to this forum), so please just post on this in one place. I have deleted any duplicates. Thanks. MOD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Pig & Whistle opening again, painters from Cork in there today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement