Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

encore1 wrote: »
    here she is...

You should go onto AHAR's facebook page and ask them to put it up, they always have pics up of missing pets. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/ahar.ie?group_id=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone know if the bus station in tralee is on strike?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

anyone know if the bus station in tralee is on strike?

There was guys outside yesterday picketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

There was guys outside yesterday picketing.

Though in saying that, I just followed two buses in the Listowel road as far as the bus station. So I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Though in saying that, I just followed two buses in the Listowel road as far as the bus station. So I dunno.

The strike has been postponed until thurs morning according to rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 conjollins

Anybody seen the guy outside the County Buildings in Rathass on Sunday mornings protesting against the property tax? I feel sorry for him - not many willing to stand up and protest against whats happening in this country. Concerted effort should be made to join him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

conjollins wrote: »
    Anybody seen the guy outside the County Buildings in Rathass on Sunday mornings protesting against the property tax? I feel sorry for him - not many willing to stand up and protest against whats happening in this country. Concerted effort should be made to join him

Sort of wasting his time doing it on a Sunday though!

kn wrote: »
    Sort of wasting his time doing it on a Sunday though!
    Admittedly not the best time to cause a bit of havoc in protest but it is highly visible considering the amount of cars that pass there on the way to Manor on a sunday - I've seen him downtown on a Saturday too - kind of reminds me of the loan student in Tiananmen Square facing off against the Chinese army

kind of reminds me of the loan student in Tiananmen Square facing off against the Chinese army

Let me know when you see a Chinese tank trundling down The Mall and I will go and join him.........

Let me know when you see a Chinese tank trundling down The Mall and I will go and join him.........
    :D -
    well all these government bonds the NTMA are selling must have been bought by someone - wait until we default on them and the Chinese will be all over us like vultures on a dead piece of meat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I was taking to a bus driver today and he asked about the station, when he sends in letter to bus eireann at the station he said they have dropped "Casement Station" from their address. Is the station still referred to as Casement Station? He assumed they don't use that name because they are not in the building itself anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Fair play to this gent. He is protesting rather than sitting on his backside moaning about property tax. It is a sad turnout considering the number of people who constantly moan about the Property Tax.
    Personally speaking I believe the property tax is a necessary evil to help get the country out of the mess Fiana Failed got the country into.
    Yes, I paid my property taxes 2 weeks ago, before anyone asks!

For anyone who got these through the door this week, please report it to the Gards. Another case of robbing money straight out of the hands of decent charities.

4JWrfZ.jpg

From the actual charitys website.
    WARNING! Bogus collections in the Republic of Ireland!
    It has come to our attention that door-to-door collections of clothes were taking place in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND on behalf of Do Not Delay Project using leaflets with Pink Ribbon. Please do not be mislead! We do not fundraise in the Republic of Ireland and we do not have any collections there. Please report these fake leaflets to your local Garda Station!
    Thank you
    Please remember!
    Intersecond Ltd is the authorised fundraiser for Do Not Delay Project in the UK operating door-to-door collections of unwanted clothes in the UK exclusively; all collections are made using printed plastic bags securely sealed into plastic envelopes. Collections are not operated using any type of leaflets, stickers or other paper printed literature.

The gards will probably do nothing, but if you don't report it - they will definitely do nothing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

For anyone who got these through the door this week, please report it to the Gards. Another case of robbing money straight out of the hands of decent charities.

From the actual charitys website.

The gards will probably do nothing, but if you don't report it - they will definitely do nothing.

which website did you get that info from? might pop it up on FB for any friends who may have got one.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    which website did you get that info from? might pop it up on FB for any friends who may have got one.
    Its from http://www.donotdelay.org/ which they have on the sticker! Criminal masterminds they aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Anyone know what time Tesco in the Square opens in the morning? The times on their website are definitely not correct.

There was a wonderful tribute on RTE News ,to the late Donal Walsh.
    His parents and family, together with his school mates ,members of the Munster Rugby Team together with the people of Tralee turned out to pay their respects to this wonderful young man Donal Walsh.
    His Mum spoke with great dignity and passion about her son .
    Donal Walsh will be remembered in the minds of people not just in Tralee, but throughout the country for his courage displayed when facing a terminal illness.
    Donal Walsh, Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

There was a wonderful tribute on RTE News ,to the late Donal Walsh.
    His parents and family, together with his school mates ,members of the Munster Rugby Team together with the people of Tralee turned out to pay their respects to this wonderful young man Donal Walsh.
    His Mum spoke with great dignity and passion about her son .
    Donal Walsh will be remembered in the minds of people not just in Tralee, but throughout the country for his courage displayed when facing a terminal illness.
    Donal Walsh, Thank You.
    Very sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHn8elFx5GM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

there is work going on inside Miko's today. Assuming it is still Costa Coffee going in there, it should be open in a few weeks/next month I suppose!

Still no sign of the tourist kiosk in the Mall. Maybe its not going up this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

there is work going on inside Miko's today. Assuming it is still Costa Coffee going in there, it should be open in a few weeks/next month I suppose!

Still no sign of the tourist kiosk in the Mall. Maybe its not going up this year!
    I thought quinlans were opening a restaurant where Mickos was?

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I thought quinlans were opening a restaurant where Mickos was?

Qunlans bought the building, Costa coffee are going in as Tennants........
    Need to sella lot of coffee!

Booo. Just what Tralee needs, another coffee shop!! Will they be serving lovely buns?? :D

This will put pressure on Charlie Nelligans which I notice is a lot quieter these days as it is without another competitor moving in a couple of doors down.

Booo. Just what Tralee needs, another coffee shop!! Will they be serving lovely buns?? :D

This will put pressure on Charlie Nelligans which I notice is a lot quieter these days as it is without another competitor moving in a couple of doors down.

Yes , Costa Coffee sell buns too. They will need to get their pricing right. From experience Costa Coffee is in the cost a lot end of the coffee spectrum. Hopefully it will do well, though I think it will cater more for visitors to town rather than regulars. It is a franchise as far as I am aware. they will need to sell an awful lot of coffee just to pay the rent. perhaps we are nearing saturation point( no pun intended) in terms of coffee houses. :)Of course I may be wrong?
    At the end of the day it is hard to beat, Aines, Chopin, The Daily Grind, The Grand and Mary Janes!

I guess the tourist kiosk should be in place by 1st June?

Regarding Costa Coffee, it certainly needs to be open for the tourist season, so hopefully next month Who got the CC franchise?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Does Tralee really need a another coffee and buns shop??

Looks out window checks garden for lynch mob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Costa Coffee = Costa Fortune

Tasty but very synthetic and not really filling.

I think it was the Boyles (Grand Hotel) who bought that unit & are opening Costa's, not Quinlans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I think its great to see new businesses opening in town but l think theres enough cafes/resturantes now. In time to come I can see a few of them closing...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes! I think we need a few more phone shops and 2€ shops especially in the Square. Or perhaps a few fake "tourist offices" like they have in Killarney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 corkbride

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me some good spots to go for a night out in Tralee? It'll be a group of girls so just looking for some good pubs/clubs. Also, if you could tell me any places to avoid :) Age group is late 20's. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement