Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

amadain wrote: »
    Pig & Whistle opening again, painters from Cork in there today.

is that the pub that is up the laneway by Walsh shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

No

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No

ok, so where is this for those who don't know/remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

No

Such an informative response! :-)

The Pig'n'Whistle became the Old Oak on Rock Street which believe it or not has been closed for more than 10 years. (it blamed loss of custom due to the smoking ban as the reason for closure!)

Great to hear if it's the case it's going to be occupied again as it was a very big venue!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Such an informative response! :-)

The Pig'n'Whistle became the Old Oak on Rock Street which believe it or not has been closed for more than 10 years. (it blamed loss of custom due to the smoking ban as the reason for closure!)

Great to hear if it's the case it's going to be occupied again as it was a very big venue!

now if Amadan had said the Old Oak, then it would have helped! I don't remember when it was last called the Pig'n'Whistle! In any case, its great to hear that it is re-opening. Wasn't the licence sold on there though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    now if Amadan had said the Old Oak, then it would have helped! I don't remember when it was last called the Pig'n'Whistle! In any case, its great to hear that it is re-opening. Wasn't the licence sold on there though?

I remember when it was the pig and whistle and the whistling pig! The license was sold alright I think. It'll bring a bit of life back into the street of champions if it reopened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ok, so where is this for those who don't know/remember?

Its the more recently closed Old Oak bar/nightclub at the Pembroke St lights junction next to the archway leading into the Mart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

The long mooted wetherspoons may finally arrive
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Seen the big Fianna Fail jeep around the town this evening,John Brassil and his team out canvassing

Seen the big Fianna Fail jeep around the town this evening,John Brassil and his team out canvassing

I walked past Micheal Martin in town this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I walked past Micheal Martin in town this morning!

I knew it was him I spotted this evening in Caherslee

Wang King wrote: »
    The long mooted wetherspoons may finally arrive
    ;)

Bye bye Greyhound et al if so!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I remember when it was the pig and whistle and the whistling pig! The license was sold alright I think. It'll bring a bit of life back into the street of champions if it reopened

The LICENCE (grrr at US English spelling! :p) was sold on when there was a demand for them and they were still making good money. I'd say a licence could be picked up for reasonable money these days with so many pubs having closed down in the past few years.

Can't see it being JD Wetherspoon though as they're not shy at announcing when they've taken over new properties. No mention of Tralee on their Irish website.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NV011956

Hi all, do any of ye know a recruitment agency in Tralee? Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

NV011956 wrote: »

This is the only one I know of in Tralee. I think Chase recruitment are out in Killorglin if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Any sign of that Iceland coming to town?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NV011956

Thanks very much, I'll check that out.

You could also check out the Tralee Local Employment Service https://www.facebook.com/traleelocalemploymentservice?fref=ts

otherwise try the online sites like jobs.ie

bobdcow wrote: »
    Any sign of that Iceland coming to town?

I've not heard anything about it in ages, and I haven't seen any sort of work going on in there.

There is a new take-away coffee shop in Ashe Street called Amaretto! They also sell coffee beans and freshly ground coffee!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amaretto-Tea-Coffee/702861316506124?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've not heard anything about it in ages, and I haven't seen any sort of work going on in there.

It seems the original planning application for the Iceland was not in order and was withdrawn. A new application was submitted in recent weeks with a decision due at the end of this month.

Quackster wrote: »
    It seems the original planning application for the Iceland was not in order and was withdrawn. A new application was submitted in recent weeks with a decision due at the end of this month.

For Horan's? You'd think their planning people would have their application off to a tee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Found MJ's at last. Great grub.

how did you find the price in MJ's? Anyone I've ever spoken to about MJ's say the food is gorgeous but the price is a bit steep, but they do make up for that with the big portions.

Thanks very much, I'll check that out.

I read in the Kerry's eye this week that there's a new recruitment agency after setting up in Killarney, called Red Chair recruitment. http://redchairrecruitment.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

how did you find the price in MJ's? Anyone I've ever spoken to about MJ's say the food is gorgeous but the price is a bit steep, but they do make up for that with the big portions.

I'd second what your heard. The quality is very good though so I don't think it's overly expensive for what you get

Empty Pockets territory.

Did the Dingle aquarium, fish & chips from Harringtons, and drove slea head, called to relatives in Annauscaul and finished up with 30 minutes in the camp community playground. Shattered. Didn't even have time to listen to the game on the radio.

sounds like a good day!!

7 years coming down here, and I never knew about slea head. Haven't done Caherconree either, that'll be done on Tuesday. Got roped into going to the bog on Wednesday though

• Advertisement

good day out the bog, i've done my time there, but bring the flask and a few sandwiches and it's spot on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement