Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

beertons wrote: »
    Went to the playdium today. The kids needed a run around, 'coz of the rain. Great spot, but packed. Lost half pint from the moment we got there, found him up the massive climbing thing beside the door. And I had to go up for the divil.

Oceanworld in Dingle was packed aswell!

They must be delighted with this weather!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oceanworld in Dingle was packed aswell!

They must be delighted with this weather!

I still haven't been to Oceanworld in Dingle! Always forget about it! Is it really only for kids or could you go there without?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I still haven't been to Oceanworld in Dingle! Always forget about it! Is it really only for kids or could you go there without?

There was lots of people there without kids.

Only 34 euro for four of us, for as long as you want. And you can see them feeding the penguins every few hours.

Great way to pass a few hours, didn't get to go see Fungi aswell though as the weather was brutal!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Go. It's deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Course you can go without kids , shark tank and the penguins are for all ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

ALSO in An Daingean / Dingle / Daingean Uí Chúis don't miss the 'climbing wall' - maybe even better fun.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

amadain wrote: »
    ALSO in An Daingean / Dingle / Daingean Uí Chúis don't miss the 'climbing wall' - maybe even better fun.

Yes my nephew has done the climbing wall a few time & loves it. The wetlands has one now also!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Yes my nephew has done the climbing wall a few time & loves it. The wetlands has one now also!

We called into the wetlands centre last week and were impressed tbh. Climbing wall as you say, nice little playground for younger children, and the water zorbing was busy enough too.
    Nice place to have a cup of coffee too!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

anyone ever go to Manor Karting?

bobdcow wrote: »
    anyone ever go to Manor Karting?

I suppose somebody had to, else they wouldn't still be in business

:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Wang King wrote: »
    I suppose somebody had to, else they wouldn't still be in business

:):)

I thought they were closed ' until further notice '?

I thought they were closed ' until further notice '?

Ah!!

Hi, bob!...no one goes there, sorry
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ls the nazareth home still open in tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ls the nazareth home still open in tralee?

Not sure but I read somewhere recently that the Balloonagh convent where it is located is to close as only 16 nuns remain in the convent. They'll be rehoused in regular housing around the town. That is a valuable and massive piece of land relatively close to the town centre so no doubt could fulfil demands for new housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not sure but I read somewhere recently that the Balloonagh convent where it is located is to close as only 16 nuns remain in the convent. They'll be rehoused in regular housing around the town. That is a valuable and massive piece of land relatively close to the town centre so no doubt could fulfil demands for new housing.

Is the land being sold and are they bulldozing the existing buildings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Edit: Nevermind, I got the information wrong and it doesn't apply to Tralee.

There is an eircom competition to win a Fibre To The Home (FTTH) high speed broadband contract for your entire town community, I would strongly advise everyone here to saturate facebook/linkedin/twitter etc with this. We badly, badly need this in Tralee. There's no excuse not to do your bit on this. Our politicians have an open goal here.

Read the details of the competition on this site:
    http://fibrerollout.ie/competition/
    your community needs to be located in the amber area on the map

Tralee isn't in an amber area.

The next electrical recycling date is Saturday, August 8 from 10am to 4pm at The Mart, Caherslee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Tralee isn't in an amber area.

Damn it I thought it had to be in the blue area. Mea culpa :o
    Go about your business people, nothing to see here.......

I think the plan is that Tralee will be updated next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

anyone have any details about the mitchells gym out on the bypass? Can the general public use the gym facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/53795079361/ try sending them a message on that, they had a page for the gym but it's no longer active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I think the plan is that Tralee will be updated next year.
    It'll be here in the next two months or so. I'm on 40mb at the moment so seriously looking forward to it.

So did you find out what your new postcode is?

http://eircode.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So did you find out what your new postcode is?

http://eircode.ie/

Will the couriers be using this system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Seemingly no great takers for this other than revenue post and anything else tax related..

Sharing this article as the Gardai are appealing for anyone who has seen this van to contact them
    http://www.killarneytoday.com/hunt-for-highway-maintenance-van

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Swarlez wrote: »
    anyone have any details about the mitchells gym out on the bypass? Can the general public use the gym facilities?

Yes can be booked by calling to above clubhouse (somebody there all day)

Sad to hear that Jackie Crowe has passed away after battling with cancer. She was speaking on Vincent Browne only a couple of weeks ago, with such bravery. RIP to her and condolences to her daughter, family & friends.

Funeral details as follows:
    Gleasure Funeral Home Tralee
    Wednesday at 4.15-6.15pm

Mass in St Mary's church in Ballyheigue at 12 noon Thursday. Private cremation will follow on Friday.

• Advertisement

spotted the street lights are already going up for the Rose of Tralee!! scary to think it is a month away...where has the year gone....not to mention summer....or whatever it is meant to be! We are not getting much in the way of weather this year. Lets hope it improves!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement