Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saturday will probably be a scorcher, the day I'm going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RIP Jackie Crowe,

She spoke very well that night she was on Vincent Browne a few weeks ago.

http://traleetoday.ie/brave-campaigner-and-inspirational-lady-jackie-crowe-passes-away/

Caherconree marked off the list. Great day. What a view! The missus was down on camp strand with the kids, she was wearing an luminous top, and I could see her waving up on the beach. I had a pair of binoculars! 65 mins up, a lot quicker with the trot on the way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

There is a handy little free magazine that comes out on Thursdays that some of you might like. They get snapped up pretty quickly from the shops, but you can view it free online here:

http://traleeoutlook.com/

It has good information and news about Tralee. There is also a Killarney and Sliabh Luachra version available.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I thought a clothing store called 'Peacocks' was supposed to be opening up in the old Boots unit in Abbey Court? Its been a long time since that announcement and no sign of anything going in there. I wonder has it all fallen through?

• Advertisement

Decided to brave the weather today and try see Fungi. Sure wasn't the sun shining in Ding Dong. Happy days. Saw lots of him, the kids thought he was class. Got a bit to eat in the strand cafe, and put them in the car for a sleep. Went back the way we came, over the Connor pass. Did a bit more of a scenic route, visited Crutches hotel. It's a bit of history, so I'm told. Looked wrecked now though. Drove to Clahane, Brandon Point and back to Camp. Brandon is lovely, tide was out though, so no swim. I'd say it's lovely for a few pints on a good evening, that little pub. The drive out to Brandon was fab. Definitely my best day of the holiday. Got some lovely photos of the coast line and the mountains.

Herself wants to take a trip to Spain next year, so I won't be down for hols. Might come down to do the Dingle half marathon in September though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Did anyone go down to the town park yesterday evening to watch the outdoor cinema? Was there a good crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

saw pictures on facebook from friends - they were impressed enough to be going to it in Killarney next Saturday - i believe it will be in Muckross - if it is it will be a good venue

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Did anyone go down to the town park yesterday evening to watch the outdoor cinema? Was there a good crowd?

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-hundreds-show-up-for-town-park-screening-of-raiders/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Is there any specific thread on the Tralee Mosque?

Or can I, should I, just post here please?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Thanks.

There's a thread in After Hours if you wish

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Thanks.

No please don't post here, one was already deleted. If you must post in After Hours http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I thought a clothing store called 'Peacocks' was supposed to be opening up in the old Boots unit in Abbey Court? Its been a long time since that announcement and no sign of anything going in there. I wonder has it all fallen through?

May have decided to open in the Killarney Outlet Centre instead. Reserved sign just gone up on a large unit

newman10 wrote: »
    May have decided to open in the Killarney Outlet Centre instead. Reserved sign just gone up on a large unit

ah right! Not sure its the best of clothes shops anyway! hopefully something will go into that old Boots unit soon. Abbey court seems to be quite a busy little shopping street these days which is good to see!

No, jobs have been advertised under the Edinburgh woolen mill for the Tralee store, going to be autumn before there's any movement I believe

Wang King wrote: »
    No, jobs have been advertised under the Edinburgh woolen mill for the Tralee store, going to be autumn before there's any movement I believe

where's that going into? I thought they are in Ballyseedy garden centre?

where's that going into? I thought they are in Ballyseedy garden centre?

I think it's the same parent company from what I've been told (open to correction though)

Wang King wrote: »
    I think it's the same parent company from what I've been told (open to correction though)

yes, that seems to be correct! I just looked it up and Peacocks are part of the Edinburgh Woolen Mills. So perhaps they are still planning on opening in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It was good craic, a good few (myself included) left about 20 or 30 min before it ended though, when the skies really opened up.

I must say though, some people have absolutely no respect for anyone else. I saw plenty of people arriving at the last minute and setting up deck chairs in front of people who had been sitting on blankets on the grass for ages, or setting up with big golf umbrellas to protect from the rain, blocking people who had been there for ages. (Mostly it was adults with the chairs, and kids/teens on the grass, so they just moved without saying anything.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Is there any alternative to relihans that will take away and scrap an old car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Is there any alternative to relihans that will take away and scrap an old car?

South Western Scrap metal will take it away provided they can get to it with their grab lorry, I think they are paying €50 for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Think I'll stick with cycling the ring

I pass by the slieve mish every day and I'm wondering, would the continuing paint job be considered..... gilding the lilly, or polishing a turd?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

that painting on the Slieve Mish might catch on around town with the other pubs - could be a great tourist attraction like the murals in Derry, Belfast.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hi all,

Bit of help would be much appreciated.

I need to get from Tralee town centre (staying at a hotel on Maine Street) to Manor West Retail Park.

If possible, I want to stay away from taxis as they add up very quickly.

Are there any buses that will take me there?

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Techmaster wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need to get from Tralee town centre (staying at a hotel on Maine Street) to Manor West Retail Park.

Thanks a lot!

There is a Tralee Peoples Bus service stop outside Boots/Tesco in the Abbeycourt area (about 5 minute walk from your hotel) which I believe does go to Manor. If you are fairly fit and mobile, you could walk to the retail park but it would be a good 30 minutes and get the bus back if you have a lot of bags!

Maybe ring them on below to confirm pick up times and routes.

http://www.kerrytransport.ie/uploads/Operators/Michael%20Culloty.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

http://m.buseireann.ie/index.php?id=247#Kerry

Any of the above bus eireann buses head that way?

http://m.buseireann.ie/index.php?id=247#Kerry

Any of the above bus eireann buses head that way?

Go on the the bus that Ongarboy has recommended,that will carry you up to Manor

Any Bus Eireann bus going out in that direction stops at the bus stop at the Hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

Tralee People's Bus Service (a pretty beat up minibus) goes every hour from outside Heaton's to Manor with just one stop at the hospital for €1.80 (I think).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement