Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Techmaster wrote: »
    http://m.buseireann.ie/index.php?id=247#Kerry

Any of the above bus eireann buses head that way?

They pick up only at the hospital going in that direction. There is no Bus Eireann local Tralee service they won't sell you a ticket from the bus station to the hospital.

ongarboy wrote: »
    There is a Tralee Peoples Bus service stop outside Boots/Tesco in the Abbeycourt area (about 5 minute walk from your hotel) which I believe does go to Manor. If you are fairly fit and mobile, you could walk to the retail park but it would be a good 30 minutes and get the bus back if you have a lot of bags!

Maybe ring them on below to confirm pick up times and routes.

http://www.kerrytransport.ie/uploads/Operators/Michael%20Culloty.pdf

Catching the TPBS at Tesco will take him on a not so grand tour of the Tralee 'hotspots' such as the delights of Shanakill and the scenic views of Spa Rd before arriving back in the Town and out to Manor! Better off catching the bus outside Heaton's.

PS some of the drivers are shall we say 'quirky' and might take you on a magical mystery tour of Tralee.......on ocassion...... :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi all,

Bit of help would be much appreciated.

I need to get from Tralee town centre (staying at a hotel on Maine Street) to Manor West Retail Park.

If possible, I want to stay away from taxis as they add up very quickly.

Are there any buses that will take me there?

Thanks a lot!

I have deleted the other thread as you had already posted here. Please don't duplicate posts. Thanks. MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

How much would a taxi set me back from Tralee town to Manor West? I have a bunch of €10 off Hailo codes to use! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

It's all going a bit Roysten Vasey here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

How can I get rid of bags of rubbish in Tralee?
    I'm staying in a relative's holiday home a few miles from Tralee who don't have a wheelie bin service. Previously I just brought them to Tralee dump at €3 a black bag but that facility is gone. Our car was packed coming so don't have room to bring 6 or 7 big black bags home with me. Is there any of those petrol station garbage sites nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

I'm staying in a relative's holiday home a few miles from Tralee who don't have a wheelie bin service. Previously I just brought them to Tralee dump at €3 a black bag but that facility is gone. Our car was packed coming so don't have room to bring 6 or 7 big black bags home with me. Is there any of those petrol station garbage sites nearby?

there's a place in killarney

http://kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/environment/landfillsiteopeninghours/

not sure if the other places are closer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

You can bring them to Higgins waste in Tralee.

How much would a taxi set me back from Tralee town to Manor West? I have a bunch of €10 off Hailo codes to use! :D

€6 is the standard flat fare for a journey throughout town.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

We use dillons further up than Higgins for any rubbish, quick easy service, €4 per bag and our bags are large ones, they don't check the size, €5 for a large bag is advertised but I'm always charged 4,

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    We use dillons further up than Higgins for any rubbish, quick easy service, €4 per bag and our bags are large ones, they don't check the size, €5 for a large bag is advertised but I'm always charged 4,

They will from now on if they read this!!

How do I delete messages :-)

bobdcow wrote: »
    How do I delete messages :-)

If you click on edit message, there is the option to delete. Otherwise let me know what you want deleted (once in the Kerry forum) and I can do it for you.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    If you click on edit message, there is the option to delete. Otherwise let me know what you want deleted (once in the Kerry forum) and I can do it for you.

Ah i was only messing, thank you for the offer though, hopefully Dillons don't spot the message!!

edited as I found out the answer! lol

so Kerry are playing Kildare in next weekends quarter final in Croke Park! ;)
    anyone travelling up? I'm not a big match goer, but I always watch on tv. I did go to the replay with Mayo last year in Limerick though, which was a fantastic game. Hopefully we do well next week!! Ciarrai abu!

Fermanagh!

really? I've read its Kildare!? on the GAA forum in the Kildare thread they are saying it anyway...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

really? I've read its Kildare!? on the GAA forum in the Kildare thread they are saying it anyway...?

Ya. Its Kildare.

Ya. Its Kildare.

looking at the radio kerry sports page, they said it would be either Fermanagh or Westmeath, but that seems to be wrong....:confused:

http://www.radiokerry.ie/sport/kerry-all-ireland-14-confirmed/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

looking at the radio kerry sports page, they said it would be either Fermanagh or Westmeath, but that seems to be wrong....:confused:

http://www.radiokerry.ie/sport/kerry-all-ireland-14-confirmed/

I had Fermanagh in my head for some reason aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Fermanagh wouldn't win an argument.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I text the brother in law and said I'd put our differences aside next weekend, and he could stay with us. He wants to bring the family, all 6 of them. Eeek.

beertons wrote: »
    I text the brother in law and said I'd put our differences aside next weekend, and he could stay with us. He wants to bring the family, all 6 of them. Eeek.

Family feuds are good!
    Tell him they can stay as long as the pay €59 per head...either you have a quiet weekend, or you're quids in ....its a win-win situation

It's purely a football county thing, he's a great skin otherwise. I'd have put him up plus one, no problem. I wouldn't know where to put that 6, with our 4.

It's purely a football county thing, he's a great skin otherwise. I'd have put him up plus one, no problem. I wouldn't know where to put that 6, with our 4.

so he's coming from Kildare with his brood?

Up from Kerry. I'm in Kildare.

ah I see! so the Kerry family will be taking over the Kildare family ;) hope they bring their flags & jerseys so! :D

Ah! I hadn't realised he was the nice one in the family!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was watching "Creedons Wild Alantic Way" on RTE 1

They missed out on some places,Ardfert Cathedral,Banna Strand and its links to 1916,Ballyheigue and the great views that are to be had driving around Kerryhead and Rattoo Tower in Ballyduff

probably a really old question - I knew John A Wood was gone from clash - relihans are up there now, but today was the first time I was passing his place out towards Castleisland, I was a passenger for the 1st time in years so I was able to look around and he's gone!

What happened to him? out of business? retired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

bobdcow wrote:
    probably a really old question - I knew John A Wood was gone from clash - relihans are up there now, but today was the first time I was passing his place out towards Castleisland, I was a passenger for the 1st time in years so I was able to look around and he's gone!

bobdcow wrote:
    What happened to him? out of business? retired?

The quarry closed as it was costing too much to pump water out. It looks like a lake now, visible from John Lenihan walk in Glenageenty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement