Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Was watching "Creedons Wild Alantic Way" on RTE 1

They missed out on some places,Ardfert Cathedral,Banna Strand and its links to 1916,Ballyheigue and the great views that are to be had driving around Kerryhead and Rattoo Tower in Ballyduff

You lost me at RTE, sorry ,

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No idea how to multiquote, let alone on the phone. They can wear what they want, as long as they bring vodka. Or another few bottles of poitín. I'm easy going.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee has been shortlisted as one of the 15 best tourist towns in Ireland!! 5 Kerry towns made the list, but no sign of Dingle on that list though, strangely!

http://www.joe.ie/news/the-15-best-tourist-towns-in-ireland-have-been-revealed/505686

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Tralee has been shortlisted as one of the 15 best tourist towns in Ireland!! 5 Kerry towns made the list, but no sign of Dingle on that list though, strangely!

http://www.joe.ie/news/the-15-best-tourist-towns-in-ireland-have-been-revealed/505686

I'd say that list has about as much grounding in reality, as I have of winning the Nobel price for peace

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »
    I'd say that list has about as much grounding in reality, as I have of winning the Nobel price for peace

well I am glad to see us on the list...can't please everyone I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The quarry closed as it was costing too much to pump water out. It looks like a lake now, visible from John Lenihan walk in Glenageenty.

Thanks for that info, must take a stroll up the John Lenihan walk sometime have a look.

well I am glad to see us on the list...can't please everyone I guess!

Miaow! :)
    I had a look thru the list and I'd just wonder what the criteria for picking these towns is?
    You've got to raise an eyebrow at some of those missing, and wonder why others were picked

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dingle is badly missing a playground. Or maybe I missed it completely.

Miaow! :)
    I had a look thru the list and I'd just wonder what the criteria for picking these towns is?
    You've got to raise an eyebrow at some of those missing, and wonder why others were picked

It said its a Failte Ireland shortlist, so I'm sure many more were on the list at one point, including Dingle no doubt. Tralee is coming on leaps & bounds to be making these shortlists, its something to be proud of!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/shortlist-of-ireland-s-top-15-tourist-towns-released-1.2297487

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

• Advertisement

Failte Ireland were involved?

that's what it says in the article

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The judges are partly to blame for this. I could probably guess who was involved in this, even no names are mentioned.

Same names in the court every month, paid for by free legal aid and the judges just giving suspended sentences.

I heard about the businessmen being attacked, I don't know who they were though. Does anyone know if these are the same thugs doing this or who they are???

Its pretty simple, more Garda presence needed. There is so few Gardai visibly walking around the town, day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Did that attack involve the Toyota Avensis enthusiast community or whatever pc term they go by these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

The quarry closed as it was costing too much to pump water out. It looks like a lake now, visible from John Lenihan walk in Glenageenty.
    I noticed this recently too while passing by- I hope the don't let it get too overgrown and rundown by the entrance- looked a bit shabby already I must admit- end of an era there anyway- it used to be a hive of activity there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Jesus that's awful stuff. And the Guards are only around the corner but these people who are no doubt up in Court every second week just laugh at what passes for 'justice' in this country. Why is the Square the focus for all of this anyway? Its not a particular focal point in Tralee tbh.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Did that attack involve the Toyota Avensis enthusiast community or whatever pc term they go by these days?

Coyote Avensis ;)

xxyyzz wrote: »

Festival coming up shortly, must be time for the annual slaughterfest!

I had a look at the programme for the festival and the 'free' street entertainment, although of no great shakes, is probably at least as good as the stuff they are looking for people to pay €10/15 to pay for the privilege of standing on Denny St for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I believe that you have to submit an application for Top Tourism Towns. I recall Tralee being in the top 10 a couple of years ago when Tralee Chamber Alliance made the submission, maybe they did it again. Anyway its definitely good news for Tralee and gives good PR.
    Regarding the scumbags who are ruining our town with fighting, drunkenness and general public disorder they should be hit in the pocket. Repeat offenders should have their social welfare cut.

kn wrote: »
    I had a look at the programme for the festival and the 'free' street entertainment, although of no great shakes, is probably at least as good as the stuff they are looking for people to pay €10/15 to pay for the privilege of standing on Denny St for!

one of the acts, Stereo Kicks, have cancelled and have been replaced with another XFactor act, 'Only the Young'. The festival will need to reprint all their posters etc now!

Its a pretty poor line-up in general though. I've no interest in any of them, bar maybe Gavin James, but even then I can take it or leave it.
    I saw a festival advertised in the Kerry's Eye for Newcastle West in September, which included UB40 and The Stunning! Seems like a good one to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Anyone know a contact number for the shoe bar in tralee?

one of the acts, Stereo Kicks, have cancelled and have been replaced with another XFactor act, 'Only the Young'. The festival will need to reprint all their posters etc now!

Its a pretty poor line-up in general though. I've no interest in any of them, bar maybe Gavin James, but even then I can take it or leave it.
    I saw a festival advertised in the Kerry's Eye for Newcastle West in September, which included UB40 and The Stunning! Seems like a good one to keep in mind.

http://westfest.ie

Big contrast on the prices with the defunct Killarney gig!

kn wrote: »
    http://westfest.ie

Big contrast on the prices with the defunct Killarney gig!

Definitely, really good prices and the option to just go on one day & really good price of €5 for kids! I'm actually really considering going, even just to see The Stunning (bit of a fan in case anyone hadn't noticed! lol).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Hopefully the weather will improve for the festival.

It has been miserable since I came back to Ireland, perhaps it is time to go south again before the swallows:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

The judges are partly to blame for this. I could probably guess who was involved in this, even no names are mentioned.

Same names in the court every month, paid for by free legal aid and the judges just giving suspended sentences.

Guess the judges are fed up dealing with these scumbags !

It is part of their culture !!!!:rolleyes:

Guess the judges are fed up dealing with these scumbags !

It is part of their culture !!!!:rolleyes:

Lock the ****ers up then!

• Advertisement

Hopefully the weather will improve for the festival.

It has been miserable since I came back to Ireland, perhaps it is time to go south again before the swallows:D

The Saudi King is probably looking for some stimulating discussion on the France Rivera. The two of you could compare private beaches! He might even buy Banna off KCC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement