Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Lock the ****ers up then!

Michael, I totally agree with you on this subject. Sadly the "I know my rights brigade " will kick in, and off we go around again in circles.

It amazes me how these people can afford a Toyota Avensis, with no visible means of support????

Now I will be attacked by the PC brigade.

Certainly Tralee could do without these people, they add nothing to the town.

kn wrote: »
    The Saudi King is probably looking for some stimulating discussion on the France Rivera. The two of you could compare private beaches! He might even buy Banna off KCC?

Thanks. We may buy Banna to add to the collection !!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thanks. We may buy Banna to add to the collection !!;)

Get out of that :D

https://sites.google.com/site/savebanna/home

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Michael, I totally agree with you on this subject. Sadly the "I know my rights brigade " will kick in, and off we go around again in circles.

It amazes me how these people can afford a Toyota Avensis, with no visible means of support????

Now I will be attacked by the PC brigade.

Certainly Tralee could do without these people, they add nothing to the town.

It's unreal Del what they have and as you say and I agree, no visible means of income. I'm sure if you or I started living above our visible means we would be questioned on it - no body seams to questions these lads. I know people on social welfare and I presume "our friends" are too - there is a vast difference in wealth between the 2 groups.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

bobdcow wrote: »
    It's unreal Del what they have and as you say and I agree, no visible means of income. I'm sure if you or I started living above our visible means we would be questioned on it - no body seams to questions these lads. I know people on social welfare and I presume "our friends" are too - there is a vast difference in wealth between the 2 groups.

I used to have a man work for me years ago, he would have been in he's 60s at the time. Worked he's whole life painting. when the so called tiger died, I had to make him redundant because all the work dried up.

He came back to me two weeks later, with a letter from the dole office telling him he had to apply for 5 jobs a week, or they could cut he's stamps because he wasn't looking for work.

That was the mans only time in he's life setting foot in the dole office, and they treat him like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its a fact (yes a fact, I know it for a fact because it is in the social welfare staff guidelines for Deciding Officers) that ALL travellers are automatically assessed as having no means and thereby get every social welfare payment going whereas you and I would have to prove our entitlement.

Its a fact (yes a fact, I know it for a fact because it is in the social welfare staff guidelines for Deciding Officers) that ALL travellers are automatically assessed as having no means and thereby get every social welfare payment going whereas you and I would have to prove our entitlement.

Wow, I didn't know that, a little speechless at that.

My better half was wondering:
    1. does anyone know where we can get rid of old printers,
    2. failing that Ciarraí - do you know when the next recycling drive takes place in the old mart?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My better half was wondering:
    1. does anyone know where we can get rid of old printers,
    2. failing that Ciarraí - do you know when the next recycling drive takes place in the old mart?

the next electrical recycling is on the 8th of August in the Mart, Caherslee, between 10am & 4pm.

excellent, i'll go to that, Thank you :-)

• Advertisement

Amazing !!!! Is it any wonder this sub-culture flourishes ???? Breeding like rabbits, giving nothing to the community, and taking everything they can get. Quite frankly they disgust me.:rolleyes:

I have huge sympathy for people who are genuinely struggling to put bread on the table, working long hours and qualifying for zero assistance.

Makes my blood boil:mad:

How can these "cousins " in their BMW , Mercedes and Avensis cars have their Social Welfare assessment treated as having no visible means??? Big fat gypsy weddings and gypsy communions spring to mind !!!

Before the pc/equality brigade come looking for me, I always thought the Travellers wanted to be treated like everyone else..............looks like they want to be treated more equally than everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Amazing !!!! Is it any wonder this sub-culture flourishes ???? Breeding like rabbits, giving nothing to the community, and taking everything they can get. Quite frankly they disgust me.:rolleyes:

I have huge sympathy for people who are genuinely struggling to put bread on the table, working long hours and qualifying for zero assistance.

Makes my blood boil:mad:

How can these "cousins " in their BMW , Mercedes and Avensis cars have their Social Welfare assessment treated as having no visible means??? Big fat gypsy weddings and gypsy communions spring to mind !!!

Before the pc/equality brigade come looking for me, I always thought the Travellers wanted to be treated like everyone else..............looks like they want to be treated more equally than everyone else

The point is that whereas you, I, and anyone would have to prove our entitlement to a social welfare payment such as having little or no means including providing bank statements etc travellers are not asked to provide such proof and are automatically assessed as having no means......even if they have a beamer parked outside the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Saw on FB that Jack Macs has opened in old Baileys Corner in Ashe St! Sons of Paddy Macs running it! Great to see another empty unit in business again!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Saw on FB that Jack Macs has opened in old Baileys Corner in Ashe St! Sons of Paddy Macs running it! Great to see another empty unit in business again!

Somewhere down the line you could see the two pubs becoming one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Somewhere down the line you could see the two pubs becoming one

that's the plan apparently! They will knock through from the snug area from what I was told, however I think there's some sort of planning objection at the moment....

I had a feeling they were going to call the pub something with Jack in it. I didn't hear about it, it just popped into my head while passing it a few days ago. I remember their family having a pub in the square years ago where no.4 (Ruairis etc) is now and it was called Jacks....does anyone else remember that?? I think the owner's fathers name was Jack if my memory serves me right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    that's the plan apparently! They will knock through from the snug area from what I was told, however I think there's some sort of planning objection at the moment....

I had a feeling they were going to call the pub something with Jack in it. I didn't hear about it, it just popped into my head while passing it a few days ago. I remember their family having a pub in the square years ago where no.4 (Ruairis etc) is now and it was called Jacks....does anyone else remember that?? I think the owner's fathers name was Jack if my memory serves me right?

Jacks was a pretty famous watering hole alright, maybe just as famous for the portrait of Austy Boyle on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

Fixed that for you !
    Somewhere down the line you could see the two pubs becoming one again

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Is there any place with proper GAA goals (preferably in good condition) around the town to bring young lads for a kick around. I know most active clubs have their pitches locked up during the day so can't access them. I've had a look at the sports complex and the goal area is overgrown? Anywhere else?

Don't think there is anywhere really, the old John Mitchels pitch beside aldi still has a standing goals, but will most likely be overgrown too

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

JohnDozer wrote:
    Is there any place with proper GAA goals (preferably in good condition) around the town to bring young lads for a kick around. I know most active clubs have their pitches locked up during the day so can't access them. I've had a look at the sports complex and the goal area is overgrown? Anywhere else?

Is there a place near the swimming pool, behind the terrace of Austin Stack park?

• Advertisement

JohnDozer wrote: »

Try the pitches in Caherslee or the pitch next to Mounthawk School

Is there a place near the swimming pool, behind the terrace of Austin Stack park?

That would be the sports complex

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Thanks for those. Caherslee is generally locked up any time I checked. Will check Mounthawk but I suspect is the same in summertime...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

They'll probably all be locked up!

The days of being left open to the general public are gone, as some people had a habit of "falling" and getting "injured" and claiming off the clubs insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You're better off getting a membership with a club and then they will probably let you kick away with them in your own free time. Depends on the club though of course. A good few clubs in East Kerry allow this.

Did you try the Austin Stack's club in Connolly Park? If the gates are open you could probably use the pitch. There's even a smaller patch just off the main pitch, to the side of the clubhouse. Don't think they lock the gates during day as I think the gym is open to members, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Otherwise maybe try Na Gael up near Oakpark/Kileen road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mickells35

The Kerryman is going to run another article tomorrow on the issue of anti-social behaviour and public disorder in Tralee, specifically how thugs are targeting one building in particular.
    I hope, but seriously doubt, that this will force the Gardai and the local authorities to something about this ongoing problem.

What building is that do we know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Wang King wrote: »
    What building is that do we know?

I think we can rule out the local employment service anyway.

• Advertisement

good article in the Irish Times about Tralee native Daragh Murphy who owns 'Hairy Baby' t-shirt company. Knew Daragh years ago, nice guy. Fair play to him for a successful business!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/future-proof-daragh-murphy-founder-of-hairybaby-com-1.2305853

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement