Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mickells35

The Parklands Complex

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Wang King wrote:
    That would be the sports complex

Yes, there used be posts there years ago. Are they still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Thanks for all the suggestions! Caherslee is locked up most of the time alright, Mounthawk seems to be open due to some construction work so will use that until we get thrown out.

Can't join a club as I'm already a member of a club elsewhere.

There is posts in the sports complex but in a bad way, one is tilted at a 45 degree angle from the crossbar up and plenty of nettles at the back of it so asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    good article in the Irish Times about Tralee native Daragh Murphy who owns 'Hairy Baby' t-shirt company. Knew Daragh years ago, nice guy. Fair play to him for a successful business!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/future-proof-daragh-murphy-founder-of-hairybaby-com-1.2305853

They are good quality T shirts too, and funny, he has something for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Caherslee is locked up most of the time alright, Mounthawk seems to be open due to some construction work so will use that until we get thrown out.

Can't join a club as I'm already a member of a club elsewhere.

There is posts in the sports complex but in a bad way, one is tilted at a 45 degree angle from the crossbar up and plenty of nettles at the back of it so asking for trouble!

Get this on the playstation 2:

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'd love to see them do a remake of that for the ps3 or 4 - they could do a much better job. I got a few hours of enjoyment out of it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

God ya I remember getting this game,all the noise about it at the time,it was a brutal but a funny game at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

slightly off Tralee topic!!! but here's a good read on those GAA games and how they were made

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/gaelic-football-hurling-ps2-1946663-Feb2015/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

mickells35 wrote: »
    The Kerryman is going to run another article tomorrow on the issue of anti-social behaviour and public disorder in Tralee, specifically how thugs are targeting one building in particular.
    I hope, but seriously doubt, that this will force the Gardai and the local authorities to something about this ongoing problem.

I notice a few of the apartments are for sale in the complex - good luck with that after that article! Nobody is going to rent, never mind buy, in that place after that article. Management company only reacted when the Kerryman got involved after a year of doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

kn wrote: »
    I notice a few of the apartments are for sale in the complex - good luck with that after that article! Nobody is going to rent, never mind buy, in that place after that article. Management company only reacted when the Kerryman got involved after a year of doing nothing.

I haven't seen the article, what was happening there? Break-ins etc?

• Advertisement

Obviously it's me in the article ...the doors have been broken for a year but the anti-social behavior and so on was going since I moved in. The property management company have been in contact with me saying that that they are meeting a new door contractor, installing new doors and CCTV along with meeting the Guards to ensure that they include the complex more frequently whilst on patrol. I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile The Rose is starting tomorrow week and I can guarantee that nothing will be done.

During the day , gangs of kids/teenagers ranging in age from 10 to 18 using the building as a hangout, running up and down corridors, banging on doors, setting off fire alarms, breaking elevators, littering, graffiti, abusing residents etc. You name it, they did it.
    At night, from between 10.30 pm and 11.00pm up until all hours of the morning gangs of thugs drinking and drug-taking in the stairwell, urinating , defecating, fighting etc. Gone then by morning comes leaving another wave of destruction..fagbutts, empty liquor bottles, lager cans.
    An absolute nightmare. They are lovely apartments and all I wanted was the Property Management company to adhere to their responsibilities and properly fix the security doors. A simple request, I think. Yet they ignored me until I went to The Kerryman...now he wants to be my best friend.

During the day , gangs of kids/teenagers ranging in age from 10 to 18 using the building as a hangout, running up and down corridors, banging on doors, setting off fire alarms, breaking elevators, littering, graffiti, abusing residents etc. You name it, they did it.
    At night, from between 10.30 pm and 11.00pm up until all hours of the morning gangs of thugs drinking and drug-taking in the stairwell, urinating , defecating, fighting etc. Gone then by morning comes leaving another wave of destruction..fagbutts, empty liquor bottles, lager cans.
    An absolute nightmare. They are lovely apartments and all I wanted was the Property Management company to adhere to their responsibilities and properly fix the security doors. A simple request, I think. Yet they ignored me until I went to The Kerryman...now he wants to be my best friend.

What are the annual management fees like?

I have no idea...I assume a percentage of our rent is forwarded to the Management Company. However, they are not using it to maintain the security and management of the building. Just pocketing it and burying their heads in the sand. And that nearly amounts to fraud. Ignorance is bliss...like Homer Simpson " If I don't see/hear it, it isn't there".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

I have no idea...I assume a percentage of our rent is forwarded to the Management Company. However, they are not using it to maintain the security and management of the building. Just pocketing it and burying their heads in the sand. And that nearly amounts to fraud. Ignorance is bliss...like Homer Simpson " If I don't see/hear it, it isn't there".

It sounds like my idea of hell on earth! Maybe you should seek legal advice considering the company have not being providing a safe and healthy environment for you to reside in? Also, I would recommend contacting the other residents to form an action group. Many voices are better than one.

We'll see if they rectify the problem this week. As for the other residents, they are just too scared to speak up.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Iceland confirmed for the old Kielys unit in the Horan Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Fair play for doing something about it. Is it true that you don't even get a parking space in the multi-story underneath if you live in those apartments?

I checked the property price register and the most recent sales in Parklands were for €38 and €40k. 26 were sold in a job lot for €950k late last year so about €38k a pieceas well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That is absolutely awful! Unfortunately, it took you to make it public through the media for any action to happen. How can a management company shirk their responsibility on letting access doors and security fail like this? How are those scumbags like you've described allowed to run riot yet you and I will have the law on us like a tonne of bricks if we're late paying our TV licence. There really is a feral youth presence in Tralee (around the Square etc) that I really don't see in any other town and I walk through supposedly dodgy parts of Dublin on a daily basis.

PS - I normally sing Tralee's praises but this is one element that pisses me off and friends that visit Tralee with me observe it too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just a reminder that the electrical recycling takes place in the Mart, Caherslee, tomorrow, Saturday 8th August from 10am - 4pm. Anything with a plug welcome & its FREE!!

On Today FM they had a notification that Castle St has been closed due to an 'incident'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

On Today FM they had a notification that Castle St has been closed due to an 'incident'.

A hostage situation in Yuseuf spice, a man with a cleaver has taken a hostage or 2

Wang King wrote: »
    A hostage situation in Yuseuf spice, a man with a cleaver has taken a hostage or 2

Are you serious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wang King wrote: »

Its a woman who has threatened staff with a knife. Gardai are trying to talk to her. Castle street closed off from St. John's gates to PTSB & no one allowed through.

Its a woman who has threatened staff with a knife. Gardai are trying to talk to her. Castle street closed off from St. John's gates to PTSB & no one allowed through.

Did she get a sausage with her halal beef? :)

The joys of multiculturalism........the lads opposing the mosque are going to love this if its an internal muslim dispute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The joys of multiculturalism........the lads opposing the mosque are going to love this.

Not if the woman is a local!

The joys of multiculturalism........the lads opposing the mosque are going to love this.

apparently she was seen shouting & chasing a man down the road with a knife & they were then locked into the shop! I walked past just before Gardai came & there were men inside trying to get in, but it was locked! I didn't notice what was happening, but heard the sirens 2 mins later & next thing I couldn't get back to work!

apparently she was seen shouting & chasing a man down the road with a knife & they were then locked into the shop! I walked past just before Gardai came & there were men inside trying to get in, but it was locked! I didn't notice what was happening, but heard the sirens 2 mins later & next thing I couldn't get back to work!

Is she a local or one of the muslim's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Are you serious.

Woman. Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement